TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Well if this is a Star Flyer then I would expect it to be a record breaker or at least the tallest one in the SF chain and taller then Windseeker this is SFMM were talking about, you know the ones to never rest on it's laurels lol.

I think a smaller Starflyer (150' or less) would be ideal. SFMM could use a few more family rides, a small Starflyer would be perfect!

And also, what if this isn't a Starflyer. When I saw the photos, I first thought it could be a slingshot? It would be a little odd place a slingshot in Thrillshot's place, with both being very similar, but who knows?

I wouldn't mind a Star Screamer in Thrill Shot's place. What else would you put there? It's been wasted space for years. And hey, it's a badly needed flat.

Just be thankful it will pull people out of the lines of other rides.

Come on guys! Give the Ice Queen some credit! She's not completely trying to revert the park back to its old ways!

Is Tatsu still running 1 train?

I'll be honest in saying this... While you may not like the way the current SFMM manager is running the park, don't you think a nickname like that is only going to make her like enthusiasts less?

Since a lot of parks do browse TPR, I wouldn't want to be a manager and find out that I had a nickname alluding to the fact that I may not interact with the guests as much as the former manager did. You wonder why she may not interact with guests as much? Everyone has a different way of running a park, and you really don't have the right to judge this manager based on one small aspect.. Maybe social interaction isn't her strongest suit? Maybe she's spending more time focusing on attraction development? I don't know, but I honestly think you're crossing a line with a nickname like that.

I hope you understand my reasoning here. You can state your opinion without having to be rude and mocking. Jay Thomas left Magic Mountain to focus on another area of the company that needed work, corporate. Can you honestly tell me you think the park has significantly gone downhill with her at the helm? Superman's redo, Green Lantern/Rennovation of Gotham into DC, Roadrunner Express (while Jay may have had a hand in these, they still debuted during her time) as well as Lex Luthor, the removal of the eyesore defunct Sky Sling with a possible replacement Starflyer and a new launched coaster on the horizon? Sure, Log Jammer and Deja-Vu got the boot, but these were rides that probably gave the maintanence staff headaches on a daily basis, and didn't have any lasting effect on crowds.

I really don't think you're looking at this properly. Yes, after this is posted I may have comments firing back purporting that I'm a "stupid kid and I apparently am too young to understand what it takes to run these parks etc.", but I know that to a manage a business of this kind, it takes a heck of a lot more time than your average 9-5, five days a week job.

Don't take this a personal attack, but just sort of as a general statement to everyone trashing the parks at this point. Some criticism is good for the parks, but when every move they make gets bashed by enthusiasts, it gets ridiculous.

Hope my opinion on this is understandable.

EDIT: Please, please, please don't turn this into a giant argument. I would appreciate it if responses were civil.

^I honestly don't think that anybody in theme park management in any company is going to lose sleep over silly nicknames that enthusiasts are calling them on message boards.

Neither do I. I meant it more of a respect thing than anything else.

Edit: Well, that and what MagicAlumni posted on the next page.

Edited by SoCalCoasters

^I honestly don't think that anybody in theme park management in any company is going to lose sleep over silly nicknames that enthusiasts are calling them on message boards.

That is very true but they may also not want to go out of there way to make any future WCB into anything special when all they do is get bashed on this site. I know I wouldn't want to. Just my two cents...

Come on guys! Give the Ice Queen some credit! She's not completely trying to revert the park back to its old ways!

Is Tatsu still running 1 train?

I'll be honest in saying this... While you may not like the way the current SFMM manager is running the park, don't you think a nickname like that is only going to make her like enthusiasts less?

Since a lot of parks do browse TPR, I wouldn't want to be a manager and find out that I had a nickname alluding to the fact that I may not interact with the guests as much as the former manager did. You wonder why she may not interact with guests as much? Everyone has a different way of running a park, and you really don't have the right to judge this manager based on one small aspect.. Maybe social interaction isn't her strongest suit? Maybe she's spending more time focusing on attraction development? I don't know, but I honestly think you're crossing a line with a nickname like that.

I hope you understand my reasoning here. You can state your opinion without having to be rude and mocking. Jay Thomas left Magic Mountain to focus on another area of the company that needed work, corporate. Can you honestly tell me you think the park has significantly gone downhill with her at the helm? Superman's redo, Green Lantern/Rennovation of Gotham into DC, Roadrunner Express (while Jay may have had a hand in these, they still debuted during her time) as well as Lex Luthor, the removal of the eyesore defunct Sky Sling with a possible replacement Starflyer and a new launched coaster on the horizon? Sure, Log Jammer and Deja-Vu got the boot, but these were rides that probably gave the maintanence staff headaches on a daily basis, and didn't have any lasting effect on crowds.

I really don't think you're looking at this properly. Yes, after this is posted I may have comments firing back purporting that I'm a "stupid kid and I apparently am too young to understand what it takes to run these parks etc.", but I know that to a manage a business of this kind, it takes a heck of a lot more time than your average 9-5, five days a week job.

Don't take this a personal attack, but just sort of as a general statement to everyone trashing the parks at this point. Some criticism is good for the parks, but when every move they make gets bashed by enthusiasts, it gets ridiculous.

Hope my opinion on this is understandable.

EDIT: Please, please, please don't turn this into a giant argument. I would appreciate it if responses were civil.

I wasn't trying to bash Bonnie Rabjohn or the park by using the term "Ice Queen". Even in that sentence I was trying to give her credit. She was outside talking to people on Lex Luthor's opening day. I was simply using that term to replace the name. It doesn't mean anything. She truly does deserve more credit than what she gets. She may not interact with the park visitors as much as the previous president did, but we shouldn't compare different presidents. Every person is different and every Park President has a different vision for the park. That's just how life works! The park is still open, isn't it? I totally understand what you are saying and this term is simply being used as a replacement for the name. It doesn't mean anything. At least not to me.

"ICE QUEEN! ICE QUEEN! ICE QUEEN!"

Without attracting attention you run the risk of your message getting overlooked. People will always be brave behind a computer screen.

I believe their perception of the community comes more from the Q/A sessions and their interaction with Rob. He is the ambassador and the main point of contact so please all hail the ICE QUEEN!

I always felt it was a term of endearment, although perhaps a backhanded one lol.

I've met her a few times because I work for a company that does business with SFMM. She's a woman of few words, but I found her very nice and somewhat self-deprecating. I bet she's the type of person who would find the humour in having a nickname like that.

Having said that, I do agree that you can only bash a park so much before they have no choice but to retaliate. Not to say there is any real bashing going on, but sometimes things read differently in print.

Yeah this is kind of a dumb discussion to be having. Ice Queen isn't derogatory the way those of you who use it are using it. Also, I know for a fact she doesn't read the site. And finally, like Andrew said, she's not going to care one way or the other about this.

I really hope its for a sky screamer I really don't think it's for Full Throttle though because it would look so silly with rainbow supports lol especially going around the mountain, it just wouldn't look right

People said the same thing about Tatsu when they saw the color scheme. And it looks fine. Don't knock something colorful just because it's colorful.

I really hope its for a sky screamer I really don't think it's for Full Throttle though because it would look so silly with rainbow supports lol especially going around the mountain, it just wouldn't look right

So by seeing just a few random pieces of nothing you think FT could have 'rainbow' supports?

^Guy, you have a good point there Sir.

Edited by Tmcdllr

Heading to SFMM in about a hour to see the hypnotist show at Golden Bear. Word is place is PACKED PACKED PACKED .... but is what it is... might go on Sky Tower for a sunset ride ... How about a zip line from Sky Tower ... lower level is open isn't it and would be easy for platform to be placed and zip to lets say towards old Deja Vue area then back to base of sky tower.