TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^OSTL's! And it looks like I might be able to get over there tomorrow to get a ride in. I might not be there til noon though. At that point, I will probably go to ride Superman while the line for Lex might get shorter. Is this a good idea?

I would like to see Colossus get the full, totally crazy, Rocky Mountain treatment... that would be fantastic!

The 'ice queen' was kind of boring when she wasn't tripping all over herself speaking.

LL:DOD looks totally awesome, I can't wait to ride it!

I also can't wait to read reviews of members on here that have ridden it and experienced the tower shake while Superman also runs, I really like thw way thet have that timed so that when Superman gets to the top and starts to fall, Lex drops at the same time..... nice touch!

I really like the way they have that timed so that when Superman gets to the top and starts to fall, Lex drops at the same time..... nice touch!

Wasn't that amazing? It was as if the Superman trains caused the Lex Luthor gondolas to fall. In my opinion, it exemplified how this tower is now, essentially, a massive battle between good and evil.

I really like the way they have that timed so that when Superman gets to the top and starts to fall, Lex drops at the same time..... nice touch!

Wasn't that amazing? It was as if the Superman trains caused the Lex Luthor gondolas to fall. In my opinion, it exemplified how this tower is now, essentially, a massive battle between good and evil.

I always thought it was an alien landing beacon.

I was sitting in one of the gondolas at the base of the tower when the Superman cars were sent up for a test prior to the ceremony. It shook very intensely. You could just feel the vibrations throughout your entire body. Sadly, I gave up my seat on the ceremonial first drop so I could hear the speeches. The people that did go up said it easily swayed at least a foot to either side as the Superman cars hit the tower at full speed.

After watching CBS2 news, it has been revealed that Lex Luthor's drop is 385 feet. This was revealed during an interview with Tim Burkhart.

Oh REALLY? That's funny...

the ride drops 400ft, from the top to the bottom of the tower.

The Lex Luther drops 30+ feet below the top of the tower, bringing the drop to something in the park of 385 feet. Still a VERY high drop!

Can't wait to ride while the tower is shaking! Sounds like too much fun!

I always thought it was an alien landing beacon.

Oh Mr. Koepp, your wit has no end!

After watching CBS2 news, it has been revealed that Lex Luthor's drop is 385 feet. This was revealed during an interview with Tim Burkhart.

Oh REALLY? That's funny...

the ride drops 400ft, from the top to the bottom of the tower.

The Lex Luther drops 30+ feet below the top of the tower, bringing the drop to something in the park of 385 feet. Still a VERY high drop!

Can't wait to ride while the tower is shaking! Sounds like too much fun!

Yep, you were right! Shame it doesn't reach 400ft, yet SFMM still has the legit world record. Other than that, all that matters to riders is that it's a big ass drop ride that is going to scare people to death!

Can't wait to ride it next week!

The people that did go up said it easily swayed at least a foot to either side as the Superman cars hit the tower at full speed.

We heard Tim confirm in an interview that it sways 24" when the Superman trains run. Unfortunately they weren't running Superman during the media-ride-time portion of today's event (probably because the noise would interfere with all the video taping), so Spears and I didn't get to feel how shaky it is when Superman runs. When Superman isn't running, the ride is very, very, very smooth.

Tim also stated that during normal operations there will be no deliberate syncing between Superman and LL:Dod. So they will only sync up perfectly if you get lucky.

I wouldn't call these OTSR's AT ALL. You don't even touch them. They are more like handles than anything

Agreed. The restraints aren't intrusive at all.

^ Did you guys notice the audio at the top of the tower?

It was a mixed bag for Spears and me. Some rides the audio wasn't synced and the ride dropped in the middle of the talking (which was actually pretty scary, because you weren't expecting it!), one ride didn't have any audio, and some rides the audio worked as intended. I'm guessing the kinks will get worked out pretty quickly. Overall, when it works I think it adds to the experience. It's loud (in a good way) and clear.

Edited by ILoveRides

Well I'm glad KD's Drop Tower got smashed of its record of "largest drop in North America" by an awesome looking drop tower. I hope to ride this one day as it looks like the Mountain has a winner on their hands (besides capacity).

Drop towers only scare me on the way up and at the top as I always have the thought in my head "what if this thing gets stuck?"... the drop is actually a relief to me. With the tower shaking due to Superman, it seems like that adds a whole new thrill!