TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I can't wait for the FULL THROTTLE technical discussion to begin!

Muahahahah. Knowing the park there's a good chance they will make it a launch with INVERSIONS instead of airtime, causing lots of disrupt for SFMM fans

I got my fingers crossed it's something like Intimidator 305. with the name "Full Throttle", I'd be supprised if it wasn't.

Just got back from the park. Lex and Superman were testing together and I will post a picture of it in a bit.

I was also there today and have pics and video of both running if needed. The drop thing gets pretty damn close to the top, and Superman was getting way the hell up there as well. In fact, I've never seen Superman get as high as it was today.

Also, for what it's worth, the park was fairly empty, and operations were pretty decent.

We did hear right that they may announce it tomorrow right? I'm not just misremembering things?

Mid-June SFGAm started hinting that a 2013 announcement was coming soon, maybe they're going for early announcements this year to boost season pass sales for 2013?

^I thought that about Superman too!!! Maybe those LSMs just needed a break... And yes, the photos don't give it justice. When you look for yourself, Lex looks really close to the top of the tower.

I didn't take many pictures of it, and what I took was from a distance (sorry for the low quality), but you can see how high Superman was getting today; I think they were just pushing its limits a little as part of the testing. We stood underneath it (various crowds formed off and on throughout the day) and watched the drop ride for a while -- it's crazy fast!

Tower.jpg.99ad3b32177cec3c4a53ed2c7c38c3f7.jpg

I can't wait for the FULL THROTTLE technical discussion to begin!

Muahahahah. Knowing the park there's a good chance they will make it a launch with INVERSIONS instead of airtime, causing lots of disrupt for SFMM fans

I got my fingers crossed it's something like Intimidator 305. with the name "Full Throttle", I'd be supprised if it wasn't.

That would be AWESOME!!! But if were talking about the space they have.... maybe something more like Maverick?

I'm fine with inversions and airtime, but if Intamin uses the same restraint system they did on Maverick I can only ride it one time a day. Those thin and flexible OTSRs on Maverick karate chop my neck every time the ride goes through a quick transition and I get off the ride feeling like I was attacked.

But of course this is assuming if the ride will be an Intamin, for all I know It could be a Mack Mega coaster that will dwarf Blue Fire. Actually, I kind of hope it is, Sea World's Manta is by far one of the best new coasters I have ridden in a while.

^ and ^^

No way. Not a Superman clone. That Log Jammer area is entirely too big for something that small. If they were going to get something like Superman it'd go where Deja Vu was if anything. But I don't see that happening.

Well, at least not until the ride get's moved to SFMM in a few years.

Nah..SFDK's Superman: UF would sit perfectly in place of the former Deja Vu site...2014? The old Log Jammer site will fit a much larger spread out coaster involving a tunnel and the terrain. I see 'Full Throttle' be more of a Maverick or Intimidator 305. The rumors of it being a very long coaster, dual launch and having the highest loop will probably make it the most anticipated coaster for 2013! Go BIG!!!

I hope with all the *new* coasters being crammed into parks, more SF parks will continue to turn their attention to older FUN/family/classic rides (big money has been put into Mind Bender, Shockwave, Whizzer.... New Texas Giant... sooperdooperLooper ). Just my 2 cents :

This would be nice:

550536_427082930646047_573825052_n.jpg

The thrill parks have the market cornered for big/fast/intense stuff. But the older FUN/family/classic rides market could really be of value to them as well. The return on investment may not be as QUICK or as LARGE as it is for something like (I-305/MForce, etc etc.) but I think has a place in the grand, long-term scheme of things.

CLARK "you're gonna pay for these pants"

389612_427081510646189_1823083085_n.jpg

The big thrill parks can only benefit from having a *perfect mix* - a variety of styles and levels of intensity. It's gonna be very lame when everything is a super intense Intamin or yet another similar B&M.

I was at Six Flags Great America yet again last night (my home park, at least 2 days a week as good as it's been the past few years...) and I started to realize how good I have it. Whizzer has only gotten better year after year. In the late 80s and throughout the 90s, I hardly bothered with it - or the log flumes - or the flats. But they are great rides and seem to get better every time I ride them. Raging Bull and the other B&Ms - although engineering marvels/reliable, etc, just don't have the same staying power.

Add to that *DOUBLE* intersecting log flumes, old Anton and HUSS flats... and I still am in shock at this level of coolness:

380701_204286743030299_2031797216_n.jpg

I think the park is set on having another thrill for 2013. I would cry and be enraged if it were a S:UF clone because that would be a HUGE waist of space. Plus, clone coasters in the same state? Really?

If they could squeeze something like I305 in, then do it!

^^^I agree with you up there too, hopefully they make time to "restore Revolution" and maybe even add some flat rides!! :3

After Full Throttle, I would love to see SFMM spend their 2014 budget restoring both Revolution and Colossus, AND re-theming Scream!. But that's a tall order, and I doubt that would all happen in the same year.

After Full Throttle, I would love to see SFMM spend their 2014 budget restoring both Revolution and Colossus, AND re-theming Scream!. But that's a tall order, and I doubt that would all happen in the same year.

Is Full Throttle really happening? Did I miss some stuff? Intamin? 500' launcher?

I vote for Revolution to get at *least* the same TLC (including new lap bar trains) that was given to sooperdooperLooper at Hersheypark this year:

Just enough to bring it back *online* even if they don't do track/rehab, etc, painting....

Has anyone heard the rumors about Colossus getting the Rocky Mountain treatment? I guess anything would be better than what's there now. I could even see Gravity Group "having their way" with it and making it a great ride again.

Those 2 coasters were reigning champions, movie stars, fun, excellent rides up through the 80s... they're icons - SFMM has potential to "RUN WITH" the retro/nostalgia marketing campaign just begging to happen there.