TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Seeing it isn't even close to the top has made me pretty much unafraid of the ride now, how close is it to supreme scream in height?

I hope your kidding. If not, then you god bless you! Dumbest GP quotes thread, anyone?!?

415 foot freefall = HOLY SH*T BALLS

400 foot freefall = KIDDIELAND

Anyway, last time I checked the Superman tower is 415 feet tall so technically it still have a 400 foot drop, even though it doesn't go ALL the way up.

Exclusive "Drop" Time for Season Passholders.

http://content.sixflags.com/news/EnterSweepstakes.aspx?c=llert

It says "Six Flags Magic Mountain Season Pass Holders" but then it allows you to choose which park you hold a pass for. Is this just for SFMM pass holders or anyone with a Six Flags season pass?

Here's the complete posting, you can also sign up to watch the live webcast over the internet on Thursday...

Are you ready to DROP everything this week? We will be introducing the world’s tallest drop ride this Thursday before it opens to the public on Saturday. Watch the live webcast via

http://www.videonewswire.com/​event.asp?id=87953

As a special bonus, we are inviting Magic Mountain season pass holders to register for Exclusive "Drop" Time on Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom. Click here for the dates and times:

http://content.sixflags.com/​news/​EnterSweepstakes.aspx?c=llert

it looks more like 30+ feet from the top to me, I doubt it'll clear 390. Still crazy though.

Did you watch until the end of the video? It seems pretty obvious from the footage in the last 10-15 seconds of the video that it's right near the top...

Is viper bumpier than revolution? If so, what type of bumpy i.e. head banger, hard on back, etc....

My experience has been similar for both, a lot of side to side head banging in a few rough spots. Though if offered the choice, I would always go Revolution over Viper.

I can't wait to see some of these "it doesn't go all the way to the top" people actually on the ride.

Same. I look at the extra space on top as the cap that's always on the top of Intamin towers or the decorating toppers on S&S towers. None of those technically reach the top of the structures but no one complains. This thing is still crazy big.

it looks more like 30+ feet from the top to me, I doubt it'll clear 390. Still crazy though.

Did you watch until the end of the video? It seems pretty obvious from the footage in the last 10-15 seconds of the video that it's right near the top...

I take my "30+ feet from the top" comment back...it's probably more like 20. ether way, that's still crap your pants high!

I wonder if they plan on removing the scaffolding on the very top, now that construction is wrapping up?

Untitled.png.67db616f6d9e83c1f933263555aa592d.png

More like 10-15 feet than 50 feet.

Going to be an awesome drop ride but label me in the crowd that thinks the visual impact is a bit underwhelming now that we see where the ride actually drops from. That is closer to 50 ft from the top than 20 or 30ft...

Are you serious???

Going to be an awesome drop ride but label me in the crowd that thinks the visual impact is a bit underwhelming now that we see where the ride actually drops from. That is closer to 50 ft from the top than 20 or 30ft...

WTF? This is still the tallest drop tower IN THE WORLD and people complaining Magic Mountain could have extended the tower by 300 feet and there would still be people complaining that the extention should be 325 feet...

^^^^ Yes, "I'm serious"ly entitled to my opinion concerning the visual appearance of the tower. Would you not agree the ride would be that much more intimidating visually if the gondolas were dropped from farther up? Holy crap, why is it such a big deal to some people that others have different opinions about how a damn drop tower looks?

Here, is this better?

OMGODZZZ Luthor is goin 2b the shiznit nowutimsayn?!!1!! lolz

EDIT: watching from the angles in the videos above makes a difference...

Edited by willthethrill

Here's some video I took while I was at the park yesterday. They were pulling the gondola’s up the tower and lowering the catch car quite fast.

And now we know where the breaks start! Looks like some pretty abrupt breaking though.

I'm just puzzled that the park decided to build horizontally, rather than vertically.