TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^Cool! Maybe I will see you there! It will probably be packed as there are Christian concerts, Music in the Park, and Math and Science Day all tomorrow!

Deep fried twinkes are on me if you find me (think that's a good clue where i shall be). Heading there soon.

One thing to note about Jublee days: plan them well. If you go for the rides, I would suggest literally running from ride to ride, because the crowds will start out medium-large after opening, but become insane as the day goes on. Yet, with these events, you never know. It could start out like a summer's day at opening.

^And my ride isn't going to get me there until just before 10:30. I think I would be better going to Goliath first, and hitting X2 and Tatsu in the afternoon. Last Jubilee day, I waited almost 2 hours for Goliath! Longest wait of the day! Because if we go to the Goliath side, we can probably walk onto all the rides over there, then run into lines at Riddlers, Apoc., Tatsu, and X2.

Yes. The end of the line for X2 was half way across the bridge. Goliath was to the entrance, so were Colossus and Scream. Batman was back to 2 trains and had about a 45 minute wait with 2 trains. Green Lantern was an hour. Riddlers was to the entrance, but I got front row without waiting, thanks to the SR line! About a 40 minute wait for Apocalypse, then Tatsu was to the entrance. It only took about 45 minutes!

X2's music was completely fixed on both trains and was blasting loud! So worth the 2 hour wait! Oh yeah, at Green Lantern I saw a board that said to the employees "Avoid inversions." I will post a picture of the sign in a little bit.

Yes. The end of the line for X2 was half way across the bridge. Goliath was to the entrance, so were Colossus and Scream. Batman was back to 2 trains and had about a 45 minute wait with 2 trains. Green Lantern was an hour. Riddlers was to the entrance, but I got front row without waiting, thanks to the SR line! About a 40 minute wait for Apocalypse, then Tatsu was to the entrance. It only took about 45 minutes!

X2's music was completely fixed on both trains and was blasting loud! So worth the 2 hour wait! Oh yeah, at Green Lantern I saw a board that said to the employees "Avoid inversions." I will post a picture of the sign in a little bit.

Glad to hear the music is working again. Also, when I went on Green Lantern last week, my car completely flipped once towards the end. Guess that was a lucky mistake.

X2's music was completely fixed on both trains and was blasting loud!

TERRIFIC!!!

Oh yeah, at Green Lantern I saw a board that said to the employees "Avoid inversions."

Oh yeah, at Green Lantern I saw a board that said to the employees "Avoid inversions." I will post a picture of the sign in a little bit.

Are you serious?! What's the point of SFMM having a Zac-Spin if they don't want the cars to spin?! I think this is an all time low for them if they really want Green Lantern to run like this....

I remember during West Coast Bash when I was using Green Lantern's single rider line that the staff area had a white board the said: No Three Person Cars! Completely fill all vehicles!

I guess they really don't want to make it an enjoyable ride? I rode it 20+ times during WCB, and could tell it wasn't running the way it was designed...

I REALLY wish Green Lantern had gone to another park in the chain and we would have gotten a Sky Screamer instead. It's a completely useless ride as they plan on running it.

Eh, whatever. The good news is none of us have to wait for it any more! Once the Superman/Lex combo opens, I'll forget it's even there.

Ironically, I wish the park would adopt the "avoid inversions" mantra when considering future rides!

"Avoid inversions"

Translation:

"Make sure the ride doesn't do anything it was intended to do" Seriously? You can't even let it flip at the end? Only at SFMM.

In fact, now, I would actually be glad to see GL get shipped to another park in the chain. This ride would easily work better at a small park, who could actually market it as a star attration, and might actually let it spin. Additionally, the crews move quite slow for an already low capacity ride. It only represents a blemish on SFMM's already bad reputation. Green Lantern is like the Dorney Wild Mouse of zac spins.

Well, as low capacity as it will be, LL:DOD will be amazing.

About a month ago I saw this sign on Lex Luthor's construction walls:118937.jpg.7b310a5ceb615a9718dbb19890ac4cf0.jpgWHAT DOES THIS MEAN!?

But in all seriousness, how exactly do you avoid spinning on a Zac Spin? Seems almost impossible! And the fact that Magic Mountain is purposely trying to ruin a somewhat of a good ride bugs me. It's like saying "Avoid going upside down on X2".

^^For a long time I believed that Six Flags was slightly better than Cedar Fair. With Ouimet in charge, the addition of Fast Lane, reducing food prices, and now this total disgrace by SFMM, I think it's safe to say:

Cedar Fair > Six Flags

Who buys one of the most thrilling rides in the world and then writes a policy to make it suck? Six Flags, that's who.