TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^I wouldn't be too bummed about it. The survey didn't release anything we didn't know, and from the questions they seem hell-bent on the terrible name that has already been tossed around here quite a bit.

Oh, and like others have said, it REALLY needed to be proof read!!!

I did the research advisory panel as well. My survey was a tad different. It did not ask at all about the mystery project for 2013 or any other year. Really generic questions about what kind of attractions for families/parents and visiting across the upcoming summer holidays. Just like the other survey, this one also contained errors.

Edited by robbalvey

Just like the other survey, this one also contained errors.

How is this even acceptable? Honestly, the fact that they sent out multiple guest surveys, all with spelling and grammar errors, really speaks volumes about the attention to detail the company is presenting.

If all of us have noticed these errors in the emails and surveys, I refuse to believe some basic proofreading wouldn't also have spotted them.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

That's something that is key at my work. No matter how great the engineering behind our work is, if there are spelling or grammatical errors we look like unprofessional fools. So everything is double and triple checked. Stuff is still missed, but that happens. These mistakes are far beyond something that slipped through a proofread and makes Six Flags look unprofessional.

There are at least two web browsers that I use that have spell check built in (Chrome and Safari). And I'm sure the other ones that I don't use probably have it. Has IE caught on to this yet?

So even if for some reason they created these survey's in an online survey program (like Survey Monkey) the spelling errors would have shown up.

I also find it hard to fathom that they didn't first write out the survey in something like word and do a spell/grammar check prior to copy/pasting it onto whatever survey program they used (I didn't catch what program it was).

As for the survey itself, not sure how many times I had to vote that the concept/name Full Throttle was something that sounds incredibly stupid (but I think it was like 20).

Just like the other survey, this one also contained errors.

How is this even acceptable? Honestly, the fact that they sent out multiple guest surveys, all with spelling and grammar errors, really speaks volumes about the attention to detail the company is presenting.

If all of us have noticed these errors in the emails and surveys, I refuse to believe some basic proofreading wouldn't also have spotted them.

--Robb

It would have spotted them, but you have to not be lazy and bother to check stuff like that for it to work but even then there are countless programs that look for errors and correct them for you, but I guess you have to not be a moron to use them. So either they were in a hurry to get this out there or there are some real fools handling this.......hmm....fools! This kind of thing really can reflect bad on a company as a whole, if your employees can't even spell or use grammar correctly or even bother to proofread or check their work, then what kind of image is that projecting to the public or possible investors? Proper use of grammar and correct spelling seems like a small thing but it really is not, it's a very big deal, and can be the difference of a company being perceived and professional or foolish.

Totally agree, completely NOT acceptable.

Those who received the survey, what did you sign up for to get it? I signed up for the coaster survey group in Oct and have not received anything

Signing up for a survey only means you will be placed in the consideration set for people to be surveyed. I'm not sure what info SFMM asked you for when you registered, but the people running the survey are tasked which sampling people who fit certain criteria. They are looking for a sample of participants to fill a specific geographic or demographic dispersion.

It's odd that I'm part of the Survey Panel yet I never got the e-mail, I checked spam and everything and I'm sure I submitted the right e-mail address.

Don't feel bad, I have the same problem but Like Elissa said, and what I'm hearing from others, the survey didn't have anything we didn't hear coming....

EDIT: And getting back to Lex Luthor I'm not surprised either that its opening in the summer, but I think it's queue might actually be a well themed ride (according to how the building is coming along from the trip report posted a few pages earlier) and it may be one of the greatest themed atractions SFMM has ever done since the transformation into DC Universe (In my opinion)

V Oops, sorry Wes

Edited by galindoverhere

Guys read what I wrote! New Rollercoaster in Six Flags will be replacing Log Jammer! Also info on Deja Vu's replacement Coaster!!

READ THE THREAD I AM SO LUCKY I TALKED TO THE HOST!!

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1170968#p1170968

MOD EDIT: Your thread was merged into the Rumor / Crazy Idea Thread since that's what it is.

Edited by larrygator

There was one thing I noticed today though, every girl I saw looked like they were prostitutes.

Hey you got a picture of me on Apocolypse. I'm the guy with the red hat. lol but the reason every girl looked like that was it was my school's senior day at Six Flags. So thank you I hope you don't mind but I now have a new Twitter picture.

-Cookie

Probably going to head down to the park today. Hopefully it will be a good day!

Today & tomorrow will be C R O W D E D.

Some sort of cheerleader comp all day with massive sneaky buses that have dropped off and left tons of peeps there.

Over a decade ago I went to Disneyland with my family on cheerleader day. Due to bad weather, (small showers) the park wasn't crowded at all!

Too bad I was a too young at the time to realize what a perfect day that was.

There was one thing I noticed today though, every girl I saw looked like they were prostitutes.

Hey you got a picture of me on Apocolypse. I'm the guy with the red hat. lol but the reason every girl looked like that was it was my school's senior day at Six Flags. So thank you I hope you don't mind but I now have a new Twitter picture.

-Cookie

You're welcome.