TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Full Throttle... sounds like a perfect tie in to a highly caffeinated coke product!

Very off topic, but is it any good? The drink Full Throttle, I mean. Not that it being bad would stop the park from using it in a tie-in.

While I brought up the energy drink comparison pages ago, it would also be cool if they themed it around cars (a full throttle engine, perhaps).

Xcelerator and Top Thrill Dragster just came to mind.. But, then again, the ride will be in the 'woodsy' area of the park.

Full Throttle... sounds like a perfect tie in to a highly caffeinated coke product!

Very off topic, but is it any good? The drink Full Throttle, I mean. Not that it being bad would stop the park from using it in a tie-in.

While I brought up the energy drink comparison pages ago, it would also be cool if they themed it around cars (a full throttle engine, perhaps).

Xcelerator and Top Thrill Dragster just came to mind.. But, then again, the ride will be in the 'woodsy' area of the park.

Never thought of a racetrack in the forest before?

Ugh...more inversions...and...more inversions.

I swear this park is obsessed with them.

Inversions aren't the problem. Lack of airtime is the real problem. Unfortunately, having rides with both inversions and airtime is rare. Of course, Maverick is a prime example of a coaster that has both!

I got a survey from Six Flags that contains, "confidential" information about their 2013-2014 additions. It's definitely interesting, and that's all I'm going to say! I'll be extremely disappointed if any of you guys "spill the beans" on this one.

Were you talking about the Starflyer planned for on top of the Sky Tower and the Aquatrax?

Whoops.

I got a survey from Six Flags that contains, "confidential" information about their 2013-2014 additions. It's definitely interesting, and that's all I'm going to say! I'll be extremely disappointed if any of you guys "spill the beans" on this one.

Were you talking about the Starflyer planned for on top of the Sky Tower and the Aquatrax?

Whoops.

Come on man, the survey said to keep this stuff confidential....

If it was really all that "confidential", then it wouldn't have gone out in a survey to park guests.

My guess is it is just questions about a name for a new ride. The park has been doing that for a while now, I still remember getting a survey about what they should name their new hypercoaster several years back. I wish I remembered the options, but I know that Goliath wasn't the one I picked.

My guess is it is just questions about a name for a new ride. The park has been doing that for a while now, I still remember getting a survey about what they should name their new hypercoaster several years back. I wish I remembered the options, but I know that Goliath wasn't the one I picked.

Wow. That was way back when Goliath was a pretty unique name!

If I signed up for the SFMM advisory focus group thing they have, should i have gotten it?

If I signed up for the SFMM advisory focus group thing they have, should i have gotten it?

I've signed up for that and every other thing SFMM/SF ask can we send you e-mails all the crap and I still have never received one of these top secret surveys

The only thing disappointing was the multiple grammar and spelling mistakes in that survey! It was "interesting" stuff, but seriously, did anyone proofread it?!?!? There was even a typo in the email that was sent out: "Thank your for your feedback and your recommendations!"

We know you can do better, Six Flags....

I have a SURPRISE Trip Report! I can sense the excitement and joy from everyone *sarcasm*. It will be up in a few minutes so for now enjoy this picture of a shirt I saw today:528535_418445214849824_100000530488543_1521869_1346294576_n.jpg.c3992208f1a85b1ecff153b142ba323c.jpg

Ok so I went to the park around 12. The crowds..none. I ended up getting on every ride except Superman of course and Riddler. I skipped Riddler because my last ride about 3 weeks ago was very painful. I ended up trying all of the new food they are offering now. I got a Bacon Funnel Cake(Which I found delicious), Mango Dole Whip, and some pizza from that Famiglia..I miss Papa Johns, Famiglia sucked. And yes, I'm aware they have been at the park for a little over a year now. There was one thing I noticed today though, every girl I saw looked like they were prostitutes. I would have taken a picture but I always get caught when taking pictures for People of Walmart so I decided not to take it at the park. Here's my trip report:7094988575_551e43e207_m.jpg.79ad72cc24c111abc85d1892ca8d5cb5.jpg

Apocalypse was running absolutely amazing today. I didn't have to watch the pre-shows which was cool too :D

7094992639_10b72bba80_m.jpg.b6c2e7940c1501eb8bd1f7977f5f21e7.jpg

They were installing some stuff for Drop of Doom while at the park. Near the exit of Colossus, I spotted some ride parts that will eventually end up at the top of the tower. It was hard to get a clear shot so I ended up just leaving the area.

6948920094_1008c5f6f4_z.jpg.09db94a97a59f0905b6a1c5b7b5ec8e5.jpg

They entrance area is coming together nicely.

332832_338636119497401_100000530488543_1281948_535853747_o.thumb.jpg.67138d947d9f7fa162163964a99770e9.jpg

Log Jammer back in October.

6948918784_d7f2165bd4_m.jpg.371992805644a1355c224b7829cea4d8.jpg

Now.

The Logs are still near Road Runner. A majority of them are gone though. That concludes this Trip Report. It's small but I felt it was worth to share. Feel free to comment Edited by AnonymousReed

I took that survey as well. I thought some of the "confidential" questions were kind of strange, but I made sure to say no more inversions and more airtime. I wonder if management even reads the survey responses though, would they really make a drastic change if enough people want it?

Yeah, I also got the survey; I thoroughly enjoyed it. But seriously, the grammar issues.

Based on the survey, and info that's been discussed on here, I'm looking forward to seeing what comes to fruition with the ride/theming.