TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Does anyone have a shot of the Viper train from Glee? People are talking about how new and nice it looked. Was it actually cleaned up in real life? The sun hasn't been kind to those old trains.

^ I will snap one tomorrow if they are running that train. I did notice that one train did look nicer than the others..

Also, the Rage song was off yesterday too. But the "This was a wild, crazy, insane experience.." at the end was on and loud!

Does anyone have a shot of the Viper train from Glee? People are talking about how new and nice it looked. Was it actually cleaned up in real life? The sun hasn't been kind to those old trains.

Some of the shots look like they were touched up, I.e. the area around X2 looks amazingly lush and green, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same to the trains. The track was left nice and grease stained

I found this picture on the internet. It looks like there is some added detail to the trains on the sides.

I'm pretty sure that those "added details" are just a combination of the sun hitting the train's reflective coating, as well as the low resolution quality of the photo creating patches of this effect.

Yeah, I watched the episode last night on my DVR and Viper did look really nice, but I think they chose the right weather (cloud cover) for filming - it certainly wasn't a cloud-free day where everything was in full-sun.

Yes! It has gone vertical! And the park was packed today!!! And the X2 music is gone again 110 minutes wasted for nothing... And rode Roaring Rapids and got SOAKED!

And.. Ninja had a HUGE line.. The entire queue (including switchbacks) was almost full..

^ Wow, 60 minutes is the longest I would have waited for X2.. audio or not.

How was the weather? Surprised that it was that busy since it was quite chilly today down south. I guess, though, if you've planned out a trip for your vacation, some cold weather won't deter you from going to a theme park.

Rain is forecasted for tomorrow. Usually people plan their park day for a day that it's guaranteed not to rain. Tomorrow will probably be significantly less crowded.

And.. Ninja had a HUGE line.. The entire queue (including switchbacks) was almost full..

You mean all three queuing sections? I haven't seen the third section (the first one you're in when you walk in the entrance) used in years!

Magic Mountain (and those other parks) update:

http://micechat.com/blogs/in-the-parks/3397-disneylands-matterhorn-dcas-new-face-seaworlds-new-manta-universal-more.html

Here is the stuff they installed on the tower:

Crane on site

Ride parts outside Colossus

One other non-LL:DOD

This ad near Scream. And it's not just this sign. It's everywhere. Tacky.

More stuff at the link as well.

You mean all three queuing sections? I haven't seen the third section (the first one you're in when you walk in the entrance) used in years!

Yes, the third queuing section was at least half way full!! And Tatsu had a line going almost halfway down to Apocalypse until about 3 PM! X2 was out the entrance all day too. But the parking lot wasn't near full. Nowhere even close to Scream.

^Because it's a coincidence.

If you look at the photos and think how they haven't even started attaching the track to the side of the tower yet, it makes sense. It also eliminates the need to rent a crane.

What's funny is that I never even noticed the yellow track on Superman became red at the end of it at the very top of the tower.

Thanks for the photos sir clinksalot!