TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

LL:DOD will open when it opens, arguing over the "lack" of construction is beyond stupid and will not make it open any sooner. At the end of the day IT IS A DROP TOWER, not some epic new airtime filled coaster. As far as I'm concerned, SFMM can take their sweet time with the construction. Although I'm kind of excited to ride this massive drop tower, I know I wont be planning a special trip to the park just to ride LL:DOD when it opens.

^cool! Maybe I'll see you! I'm gonna get there around 10.

I'm a little sick right now so I may not end up going I'll see how I feel tomorrow. If I do go however, I'll be wearing a dark blue I love Animatronic Hippos shirt so you can spot me easily .

So this person is just guessing, not really knowing how long this will actually take because he is not the one building it and he went into a restricted area to look at at?....NO!

He also mentioned that he took a few ride POV's and might put them on YouTube.

I feel like the only one here that believes the park will come through and construct this on time. Be optimistic guys!

As said at West Coast Bash, the ride would be clamped onto the tower, not welded. I can't imagine that clamping would take longer than welding.

Then, there's the testing phase. Again, I don't think this will take long, compared to a roller coaster's testing phase. There's no block-sectioning, and overall, there's just a lot less to test.

^Define on time. They said SPRING. That means they have til mid-late June to funish this and open it up. And that is plenty of time. Let's end with this. LL:DOD will open sometime in the next 4 months.

And my ride to the park (they aren't going with me) is leaving early so I will be at the park around 9:45 AM. (yay.) Well at least we will be the first ones in!

Had a GREAT day at the park today! It was empty(well, for Spring Break). Longest wait was 20 minutes for Tatsu. Other headlines:

1. X2 music is BACK ON on one of the trains

2. All the photo booths received NEW flatscreen TVs and all the booths just look new

3. Riddler's Revenge is back to 2 trains! Walked right on today! (and..the old station music is back)

4. Apocalypse, Batman, Ninja, and Goldrusher were running one train

5. Baja Ridge has the Mexican music playing again! my favorite!

6. The park is now fully staffed (security at the front of every line at the entrances, etc.)

7. GREAT operations. Even Tatsu was barely stacking! GL was slower than ever though...

8. LL:DOD is being worked on. There were workers on top of the Superman tower today. Sky tower still closed.

Pictures might be coming soon. I don't know if my computer will start working again..

Any questions/comments?

Thanks!

P.S. I might be back at the park on Thursday...

Had a GREAT day at the park today! It was empty(well, for Spring Break). Longest wait was 20 minutes for Tatsu. Other headlines:

1. X2 music is BACK ON on one of the trains

2. All the photo booths received NEW flatscreen TVs and all the booths just look new

3. Riddler's Revenge is back to 2 trains! Walked right on today! (and..the old station music is back)

4. Apocalypse, Batman, Ninja, and Goldrusher were running one train

5. Baja Ridge has the Mexican music playing again! my favorite!

6. The park is now fully staffed (security at the front of every line at the entrances, etc.)

7. GREAT operations. Even Tatsu was barely stacking! GL was slower than ever though...

8. LL:DOD is being worked on. There were workers on top of the Superman tower today. Sky tower still closed.

Pictures might be coming soon. I don't know if my computer will start working again..

Any questions/comments?

Thanks!

P.S. I might be back at the park on Thursday...

Sounds like a good day! Wish I could have gone but I just wasn't feeling well enough to make the drive . Hopefully will make a trip soon to check out the Dole whips .

Yea, 2 trains back on Riddlers!! I really missed the platform music. It's just part of the ride experience. I'm sure the rideops hate it -- over and over. Sounds like the place is back to full strength... I wish I was there to enjoy.

^X2 had music on Train #1, on rows 1-3 on the stair side. That was the only side that I went on yesterday, so I am not sure about the other side. The music was loud enough in the first 3 rows that you could clearly hear it on the rest of the train and from the queue. I rode in row 4 both times and I could hear it fine. Train #2 is still being worked on. I will have to check it out on Thursday.

No one can comprehend how happy I am that the Riddler music is back. Just gonna leave it at that...

I'm happy it's also already back to two trains. Last season they took forever and a day to work on the second train. (early November to mid March I think?). This season -- MUCH improved!

Glad to hear they're making progress on X2. It sounded like they were putting a lot of work on getting a reliable audio system in there at West Coast Bash. The music adds so much to the ride (or the lift hill at least).

^This year it took from mid-December to early April. So it's a little better!

And yes! You could even hear the music on X2 during the ride! Now they just need to fix the rest of the rows and all of the other train! They haven't given up!

Got to ride X2 last Thursday and had a great ride. I was pleasantly surprised when I got on and heard the audio playing! I was in the second row on the stair side, and although I didn't remember hearing the Rage song at the end of the ride, it did convince me again that it was cool atleast having it play while you're going up the lift. I've never been able to hear it during the ride.

I did hear the original Riddler Music playing while going through the exit of the ride (to get to the single rider line) but I don't remember hearing it in the station. I thought it was funny how on here I read that the song was gone, but I heard it, and ended up reading about it after my trip too!

I was only there for a few hours but I had a pretty good time at the park. I don't know how anyone is complaining about Colossus, I sat in the back and had the smoothest night ride on it and would have to say it's riding better than it has in a long time. Lots and lots of open space in Log Jammer's spot, looking at the area made me excited for the new ride, and less sad about seeing the old flume go.

Did not get to try the Dole Whip, although I tried! The location by Apocalypse and former Jammer (where I believe they are serving things like fried ice cream too) were closed by the time I got to them.

Has anyone had luck trying Dole Whip at the park yet?

Glad to hear they're making progress on X2. It sounded like they were putting a lot of work on getting a reliable audio system in there at West Coast Bash. The music adds so much to the ride (or the lift hill at least).

Fully agreed. I didn't even realize they were making a point of working on it, but I'm grateful. They better keep it up!