TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Sorry to throw you guys off topic, but rumor has it, SFMM won't be the Coaster Capital of the World in 2013.... according to Screamscape, CP may be adding TWO new coasters in 2013 (but Screamscape also said this: to take that "second" coaster rumor with a grain of salt) and you can read about it in the "Cedar Point Discussion Thread"....

Your thoughts?

Sorry to throw you guys off topic, but rumor has it, SFMM won't be the Coaster Capital of the World in 2013.... according to Screamscape, CP may be adding TWO new coasters in 2013 (but Screamscape also said this: to take that "second" coaster rumor with a grain of salt) and you can read about it in the "Cedar Point Discussion Thread"....

Your thoughts?

I'll take it with a grain of salt.

I'm more interested in the quality of attractions going into both parks next year. Whether CP is ahead by one or they are tied, is really less interesting to me than it used to be. Besides as we all know by now, all it takes is one park taking a year off for the other the swoop in and take the title back. It's just kind of a boring thing to worry about.

It doesn't really matter. People most of the people who go to Magic Mountain probably have never been to nor ever will go to Cedar Point. The two parks aren't even competitors, they've just been one uping each other for a record that any park could take. But in the event that such a rumor proves true, Six Flags could just market Magic Mountain has having the most coasters on the West Coast, and that would be enough of a 'record' to keep people coming.

Going back to the current discussion about Lex Luthor, why are people so up in arms about the apparent lack of construction? There's probably a lot going on that the park isn't divulging any information on. Maybe this will have some sort of pre-show and they're waiting for the final elements of it to be ready. Maybe not, who knows. Yeah, it'll suck for people decided to fly over on vacation, hoping that Lex and Superman would be open by May or earlier, but it is what it is. It'll open when they're ready to open it.

LL:DOD will open when it opens, arguing over the "lack" of construction is beyond stupid and will not make it open any sooner. At the end of the day IT IS A DROP TOWER, not some epic new airtime filled coaster. As far as I'm concerned, SFMM can take their sweet time with the construction. Although I'm kind of excited to ride this massive drop tower, I know I wont be planning a special trip to the park just to ride LL:DOD when it opens.

LL:DOD will open when it opens, arguing over the "lack" of construction is beyond stupid and will not make it open any sooner. At the end of the day IT IS A DROP TOWER, not some epic new airtime filled coaster. As far as I'm concerned, SFMM can take their sweet time with the construction. Although I'm kind of excited to ride this massive drop tower, I know I wont be planning a special trip to the park just to ride LL:DOD when it opens.

Can that be the post that ends the lack of noticeable construction complaining?

^Riddler's Revenge, Green Lantern, Revolution (probably won't need it though), and Viper (could never find the SR line).

And these are all signed. Just follow the signs. Go in the exit for GL, and Riddlers and follow signs from there.

^That is another thing I have been trying to figure out on Viper. Where the heck is the SR line? The signs for it literally lead you in circles. Is it up the exit? One of the arrows seems to point away from it, however.

I have attempted to find it three times, but have given up. One time, I even gave up and just decided to wait in the 30 minute wait it had. Is there something really obvious that I am missing? That sounds like something I would do.

Its been awhile but if I remember right it goes through the main que line as a separate line then you go up the stairs to the station and I think it leads you to the back or back three rows of the train...unless it has changed since the last time I was there a few years ago.

I think it's important to note that the GP haven't been bothered at all by the lack of construction, seen anyone complaining on the facebook page that it "doesn't look like it will be done on time?" I have no idea exactly how long it takes to put up a drop ride of this kind, but I'm sure it's not too long..

I think we're all just used to DIsney's patented 'they announce it and immediately we see some progreess' way.

That might not be Magic Mountain's style.

LOL, I wish that were true. Disney has announced several things company wide months ago, and nothing has started yet.

But they can take all the time they want. The longer its not open, the longer I wont be forced to ride it by Elissa!

Ok, that's a good start, but Superman will be closed. So after Apocalypse, go to the Riddler's Revenge single rider line, Green Lantern Single Rider line, Batman, Scream, Colossus, Goliath, Revolution, Viper, (Gold Rusher if you want to), then end at X2.

Speaking of Superman, wasn't the park going to enclose the back end of Superman, behind the station, while they were working on Lex?
I think this is what you are talking about?! If so, yeah I know it been like this at least since I last rode S:EFK in October.

sfmm-supermanescapefromkrypton021-1.thumb.jpg.a317b10385102f2daa62a41478c8b622.jpg

Photo:Lone Star Thrills