TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Seeing as any inversion to the GP is considered a loop and seeing how the chances are the mechanic was probably somewhat of a GP, he could've just meant "The tallest inversion" which IMO makes the Premier option in general a bit more likely.

as Premier hasn't really experminented too much with larger, longer rides to my extent of knowledge.

Both Mr Chillers and Speed: The Ride were 200ft+ tall. Superman: Ultimate Flight at Discovery Kingdom will be 150ft.

Whoops, I meant bigger as in more sprawling/larger overall area. Your right though.

Also, I've wondered about the color of the ride. At first i thought blue track & supports, then green, however there are already quite a few green rides in the park. Then I thought it would be red (racing theme maybe?), but, once again, there are quite a few red rides as well. Right now, I'm putting my money on a deep purple track & purple/black supports, but what do I know...

Finally, does anyone else think there might be another sort of gimmick to the ride that we don't know about? Every single major roller coaster installed in the park since 1990 with the exceptions of Goliath, Flashback, and Apocolypse has incorporated some new train/track design, whether it be floorless trains to 4d trains. I'm doubting a wing-rider thing, but maybe a sort of staggered seating or something like that. I mean, this IS six flags. Come ride the *longest* roller coaster in North America seems pretty un-sixflags. The gigantic loop thing-kinda, but I don't think the GP would consider that any different from whatever we have now. Usually it's new (as in refurbished), height, speed, drop (steepness or length) or first of for six flags.

Its funny, worrying about all these things like track color, theme, too many supports, can they pull off a giant loop, and nobody even knows the layout or what type it is or....anything.

It just needs to be fun, that's all, and I'm sure it will be.

Its funny, worrying about all these things like track color, theme, too many supports, can they pull off a giant loop, and nobody even knows the layout or what type it is or....anything.

Idle speculation is the lifeblood of TPR. We gotta do something until an official announcement is made. My schoolwork isn't going to put off itself!

Idle speculation is the lifeblood of TPR. We gotta do something until an official announcement is made. My schoolwork isn't going to put off itself!

Lol, I completely understand. Also its kind of fun reading what people think its going to be, some of the ideas sound really interesting and some are, well.... I am in no way putting anybody down for having an opinion, I just find it entertaining at times....myself included. Well at the very least the park for sure has got people talking, which is a good thing.

It looks as though there's the old Superman statue on the top of the tower in the new park map.

Maybe we will see a return of the big thing when Lex Luther gets installed! I miss that thing.

The Coaster Guy did a report where he visited an old employee who rescued many Magic Mountain artifacts from the graveyard; the Superman statue was one of them.

http://www.thecoasterguy.com/index.php/2012/03/06/treasures-from-six-flags-magic-mountains-past/#more-2745

^Wow, thanks for that link. I've never known that before and am now extremely jealous at some of the stuff he has.

It's weird how he says the Superman statue "fell down" during a windstorm. That just doesn't seem practical considering the legs were constructed of steel I beam which were molded over, then bolted to the frame of the ride which you can see here.

^Wow, thanks for that link. I've never known that before and am now extremely jealous at some of the stuff he has.

It's weird how he says the Superman statue "fell down" during a windstorm. That just doesn't seem practical considering the legs were constructed of steel I beam which were molded over, then bolted to the frame of the ride which you can see here.

Your welcome. I'm also very skeptical about the statue falling down during a windstorm, mostly cause I've never heard about it til I read Coaster Guy's report and the probability of an event like that happening is very slim.