TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Should be a worthy substitute if you happened to miss WCB.

There are no worthy substitutes for WCB! But it is what it is, and if a nice profit is gained from it that leads to a new attraction, then good for the park.

Spotted some cranes out by Goliath earlier today...I could have sworn I saw what looked like a roller coaster car (or a drop tower car) being lifted.

Ah! Keep the around the clock updates, I love it!

I'll try to. As luck has it, my job often has me driving up and down the I-5, so I (safely) take a look at the park to see if there are any noticeable changes to the park, and in particular any Lex Luthor construction.

Spotted a crane taller than X2 working on the apex of its lift earlier today. Anyone know the reason?

I bet it's just annual work. They usually just tighten bolts and other normal maintenance during this time of year. It will be open tomorrow unless the wind stops it.

For those interested, SFMM posted its full ERT schedule for "Coaster Enthusiast Day".

CLICKY!

Looks like it's the same as WCB without the Q&A but with Scream! re-added to the morning ERT and Apocalypse and Goliath joining night ERT. Should be a worthy substitute if you happened to miss WCB.

I want to go and am available, but I am trying to find someone to go with. Might go with some friends, but I can't wait for some X2, Tatsu, and Apocalypse ERT! Maybe they will fix the music on X2 for us by then. I know they've been working on it.

via SFMM FB page

John Suvillian

Will Lex lutheer be open on Saturday? I rode that and Deja vu last weekend and they were really fun!

John Suvillian No i rode Lux Luther last weekend and i rode deja vu! and freefall is still there. its there most popular ride other than viper

I hope he is just being funny and really is not that stupid....

via SFMM FB page

John Suvillian

Will Lex lutheer be open on Saturday? I rode that and Deja vu last weekend and they were really fun!

John Suvillian No i rode Lux Luther last weekend and i rode deja vu! and freefall is still there. its there most popular ride other than viper

I hope he is just being funny and really is not that stupid....

That sounds like something FunAndOnly would post. LOL

If Full Throttle is anything close to this, I think it will be really good:

I really hope it's that times three. But I'm really hoping that it won't be a Gerstlauer (even though the probability of that is extremely low). I don't know what it is about Euro Fighter style trains, but they just seem... goofy to me. The single cars don't really appear to have the same grace and agility that along multi-car train has.To illustrate my (probably insane) viewpoint compare

to
. [/mini-rant]

EDIT: I just realized what Euro Fighter cars remind me of: www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ydVp-2B8qlw#t=50s

Went down to the park today to purchase my season pass and have a fun day out of the house after a long hard week's work. The crowds were a little heavier than I anticipated-I think throughout all of March schools are having their spring breaks-so I only got in a few rides on Goliath (twice), Colossus, Batman, X2, and Apocalypse.

There has been no visible progress done on Superman and LJ's site. The site really is quite big and definitely begs the question just how big whatever attraction they have planned really is. Thrill Shot is completely gone, and only the covered line of Deja Vu remains on the former coaster's site.

All in all, it was a pretty good day all things considering.

according to the coaster guy, they finally have 2012 park maps, and that one of the johnny rockets (the shake and fries one, not full service) will now be kicken chicken

Interesting enough, the websites park maps haven't been updated yet Oh well, I'm not too surprised to with what they did to Johnny Rocket's since basically every SF Park is transforming it to Totally Kickin' Chicken....

This new 2013 project is sounding pretty cool to me. I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but this certainly sounds feasible in terms of what the park needs to balance out its listings. I'm surprised Mack hasn't been mentoined too much around here for possibilities on who would build Full Throttle (if its even going to be built). TBH, Intamin seems like the most likely canidate for building a ride with the proposed statistics (multi-launch, bigassloop, long), as Premier hasn't really experminented too much with larger, longer rides to my extent of knowledge. I mean there's always a place to start, but one usually doesn't start with everything if you catch my drift. I'm a little surprised that this coaster has (an) inversion(s), it seems to me like they would be building a non-inverting ride due to the large amount of inverting rides previeously built. I'm hoping for some good airtime, too. Finally, i can see this ride becoming something like a gigantic Maverick, with the spouting water jets and such. Also, the lake near mooseburger lodge where you can see gold rusher seems like a nice place for a bigassloop

Paul "Take the (monerail out of) the tunnel" m12

I'm extremely excited about the rumored multi-launch coaster!

All the people complaining about the loop are ridiculous! It's entirely possible to have plenty of airtime throughout the ride. Honestly, I would be amazed it this ride didn't have airtime.

Agree with that!

I'm extremely excited about the rumored multi-launch coaster!

All the people complaining about the loop are ridiculous! It's entirely possible to have plenty of airtime throughout the ride. Honestly, I would be amazed it this ride didn't have airtime.

This is California you're talking about! Do you think a Cali coaster will have airtime?

Any time a So-Cal park builds anything with significant airtime (Colossus, Ghostrider, Perilous Plunge, California Screamin), they end up having to neuter it. But there have been attempts in the past. I can only hope that begins to change next year.

But I do agree that it is entirely possible to mix inversions in with airtime. Just look at any of the Intamin accelerators, and well...Maverick.

Edited by Manic Monte

EDIT: Incorrect information, don't bother reading.

For anyone going to Coaster Enthusiast Day on Saturday, I noticed that the park closes at 8PM, but night ERT doesn't start until 9PM. I'm pretty excited that all of the lines will be almost all if not all cleaned out by the time night ERT starts, especially with the addition of Goliath and Apocinator to the lineup. This is obviously a constrast to night ERT at WCB, which started right when the park closed, although to be fair they did add 15 minutes to ERT then.

Edited by dylanreich

For anyone going to Coaster Enthusiast Day on Saturday, I noticed that the park closes at 8PM, but night ERT doesn't start until 9PM. I'm pretty excited that all of the lines will be almost all if not all cleaned out by the time night ERT starts, especially with the addition of Goliath and Apocinator to the lineup. This is obviously a constrast to night ERT at WCB, which started right when the park closed, although to be fair they did add 15 minutes to ERT then.

Night ERT starts right when the park closes:

http://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/info/parkInfo.aspx

I will not complain about a looping coaster as long as it is being made by Intamin or Premier. (The two companies currently being rumored, but the latter seems more likely to happen than the former) These companies know how to put plenty of airtime in a looping coaster, as in rides like Maverick, Cheetah Hunt, Sky Rocket, or even California Screamin. If it is not being made by Intamin or Premier, I will probably be disappointed. However, Premier seems most likely now, so I am not too worried about getting another airless inversion machine.

What got me wondering is the whole 'world's largest loop' that this will allegedly have. I just get the feeling that neither Premier nor Intamin will be able to pull off such a huge loop without it being ridiculously oversupported or otherwise kinda awkward-looking. Really the only people who can pull off huge loops like this are B&M, and they're out of the picture (unless we've been fooled this whole time and B&M is secretly debuting their first proper launching coaster! but also )