TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I think an Intamin Aquatrax would be the best replacement for Log Jammer, seriously. I think a quality water ride should be replaced by an even higher quality water ride (even though an Aquatrax is a coaster, you get my point). The aquatrax can easily be built into the terrain and I think an Intamin Giga would look horrible in Log Jammer's location as it would look out of place.

I think an Intamin Aquatrax would be the best replacement for Log Jammer, seriously. I think a quality water ride should be replaced by an even higher quality water ride (even though an Aquatrax is a coaster, you get my point). The aquatrax can easily be built into the terrain and I think an Intamin Giga would look horrible in Log Jammer's location as it would look out of place.

Hasn't it been said MULTIPLE times that its not going to be an aquatrax?

I love how there has been ONE Aquatrax ever built, almost 10 years ago (which set the park back $30 million), yet every time a new ride is being built, people on this site think that an Aquatrax is a likely possibility.

This could be a far fetched dream since they just removed a family water ride, but i think a eurofighter similar to Takabisha @ Fuji-Q would be awesome. The First half of the ride would be gravity powered with the steepest drop in the US/world. After going through a few inversions (one being the banana roll) the ride would come to a launch through the monorail tunnel. After launching at about 60-70 mph the ride would fly out by Goldrusher hitting an immelman that would pass over the path to Superman. The ride would then come to an end after hitting a few more inversions to bring the total count up to 9 or 10 inversions to break the record for the US.

Way to go LAtimes, print a story based on what "an employee said"...

The same reporter also posted the Six Flags new rides for 2012 press release early...

All right... I didn't want to post this here because at the moment it was pure rumor, but now that this article is out I guess I will. At WCB relatively early in the day(straight after morning ert) Apocalypse broke down and the ride ops were talking to people waiting in the station about random things. I don't remember the context, but the ride operator did mention a launch coaster that would utilize terrain, but he said the project was "on the drawing board" but that it was going to be built for sure... they were just working out specifics about the layout and things like that. This is cool though... also(if what he said turns out to be true) the ride will use Metro's tunnel and will be more than a mile... so if this coaster is a blitz it will be the longest one... based on what I overheard in the station.

I love how there has been ONE Aquatrax ever built, almost 10 years ago (which set the park back $30 million), yet every time a new ride is being built, people on this site think that an Aquatrax is a likely possibility.

I just figured it's another TPR inside joke, with no one actually believing in it. Although I would be curious to see how the whole 'Aquatrax!' joke started...

I just figured it's another TPR inside joke, with no one actually believing in it. Although I would be curious to see how the whole 'Aquatrax!' joke started...

Yes. It's a joke that is beaten to death that always seems to rise like a zombie from the grave to shamble around a bit from time to time.

It's about as funny as when people say something such as "Maybe it will be the world's first inverted wooden stand-up wingrider wild mouse! Ahaha!"

But anyway, yeah I get that it's a joke. But often times it's said in seriousness. Facepalm.

Spotted some cranes out by Goliath earlier today. They didn't seem close enough to Superman (I think one of the cranes was next to turnaround while the other was closer to the midcourse brakes), so I don't think they were doing any work on the tower for Lex Luther, although at one point I could have sworn I saw what looked like a roller coaster car (or a drop tower car) being lifted. Maybe Goliath valleyed intentionally ? Anyone know more?

Spotted some cranes out by Goliath earlier today...I could have sworn I saw what looked like a roller coaster car (or a drop tower car) being lifted.

Ah! Keep the around the clock updates, I love it!

Who knows? If the crane was 150'+ tall they wouldn't need that just to get a Goliath train off the tracks. Sounds like new ride progress to me, but we'll know for sure by Saturday.

^5th post: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26782&start=23120

I find the naming ok if it's a multi-launched coaster, but they could have done better with theming it to it's area in the park (unless they re-theme the area).

Ugh, complaining about the theme? Officially we dont even know if we get a coaster in 2013! Maybe the ride starts where Deja Vu used to be, maybe in the old Flashback spot....Who knows?!?! There will always be complains, but at least we should wait until there is an actual announcement to start with those...just saying..

^5th post: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26782&start=23120

I find the naming ok if it's a multi-launched coaster, but they could have done better with theming it to it's area in the park (unless they re-theme the area).

If they theme it, I don't care how they do it as long as they tried. Just be happy that it is themed at all! Take Scream! (STILL needs paint) as an example of a ride they didn't theme! Full Throttle sounds good to me and it WILL be more than LJ's area. It will go through to the other side of the mountain, why else woud they be getting rid of trees and monorail track?! This is Six Flags we are talking about here! They wouldn't be doing it if they didn't have to! I didn't see any cranes near the park today. It looks like I might be able to visit this Sunday, thanks to the hours being extended to 8PM! Thanks DST!