TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I went the Sunday after WCB and GL had a 45 minute wait and the line was out the entrance they were also running 4 trains. A line like that in February on a Sunday I wouldn't say at all the ride is losing popularity or unpopular imo . The only other rides in the park with a line like that or longer was X2, Tatsu and Apocalypse.

I also went that day and waited 40 minutes. But that is because they were only running 3 of the 4 cars with people in them. And because of the horrible capacity. Even last Summer (other than opening day) the line never got to be any more than an hour! I went on a day last year where X2 was an in station wait only and GL still had a 15-20 minute wait! I would say that Batman is just as popular and that Goliath is far more popular than it. If you look at how many people are actually in line, it isn't more than a couple hundred. And about S:EFK, I would say that after watching trends, GL is more popular. Last year, I never waited more than 45 minutes for it and it was just running one side!

^I was there that day too. It took me about 35 minutes to get through. It was only through the first 2 switchbacks. Compare it to X2's switchbacks. X2 is way more popular. And GL's line doesn't move THAT slow until you get inside, and it is really short. I am guessing that by the end of this year it will be another ride that will be a walk-on almost anytime you go, like Batman, Scream, or Apocalypse.

We're also talking about the off season, the park is mostly dead. Talk to me about popularity and short lines in June.

I've been visiting the park consistently for many years now, and I was just stating the observations I've had since the ride opened, including GL's opening summer season.

[Edit]: On a daily basis depending on how crowded it is, more people are in line for GL, probably because S:EFK is closed, Deja Vu and Log Jammer gone. But this has been the off season too.

Green Lantern still had that insane scary moment before that first drop. We had a very unbalanced ride yet all it accomplished was a lot of intense, painful rocking and no flipping. Just that one spin before going into the station. On Insane's and even Kirnu's unbalanced rides, you do flip at least three times on those. I personally found the intense rocking much more uncomfortable than an actual flip.

The style of ride can be really awesome. I still enjoyed Green Lantern regardless since I still find it scary. The worst part of the ride for me was that really strange plastic thing around my arm during the ride, talk about bizarre.

^ GP: "But, but, but.. we could fall out of this thing - I felt like I was gonna die."

Seriously, what a great view of Revolution 'in the nude' - not because of no OTSRs, but because of how there weren't any full-grown trees encroaching on the track, or massive B & M fliers taking all of the attention.

Six Flags MM ‏ @SFMagicMountain Close

This #throwbackthursday will knock your socks off!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6H43gKG8XE

I need a towel... or three...

Imagine that- Revolution with no backrests, OTSRs, trim brakes, hard braking... wait- as Anton intended it to be. And oh how dangerous it must have been, too...

Dangerously fun, exciting, and RIGHT!

This is why I love to watch 'Rollercoaster'.

Hi folk(s). I'm coming out of a Yoda style exile and returning to Magic Mountain for the first time in 10 years next month. Taking the wife along for her first visit too. Just wondering a few things, I hope you can help...

I understand this is the Spring Break period over there - how crowded is it likely to be Mon/Tue/Wed Apr 9/10/11? Does SFMM operate single rider queues? Or are we best looking to purchase Flash (sorry, The Flash) Passes?

I also gather that S:EFK is closed - any hope of it being open by next month? Anyone else think this is a bit of a fail on SFMM's part not having their new for 2012 ride open for when I visit?

Thanks in advance!

^That's the second busiest spring break week, so it could have at least been worse! The park does sometimes offer single rider queues, but they're very often not sign posted or randomly not open. Try to ask an employee either out front or by the exit before boarding. I believe they use them on Riddlers and Green Lantern right now.

I would see how you do at the park before deciding on a Flash Pass. The problem with Spring Break at the park is a lot of times the park can get a little busy. Not summer busy, but the park isn't in full summer operation mode yet which then leads to longer lines for everything due to lack of staffing. You should not have any shred of hope that Superman will be open in early April.

^^ If it's possible you could hold off a couple of weeks, Weekdays in May are the absolute best days to go to the park. School in session, park is open. Most likely will only be 1 train on everything, but the park is usually DEAD (unless there are schools there). I've been pretty successful with the first week in May in the past.

^^^ I went about that time last year to SFMM and it was crowded. Here were some examples, SEFK had about a 1 hour wait and X2 had about a almost 2 hour wait. Tatsu was also about 1 hour. So I would recommend getting a flash pass if you are planning to go between this time. The gold flash pass is probably going to be your best option. I believe that the regular for two people is $75.00, The gold for two people is $117.00, and The Platinum for two people is $187.00. Hope you enjoy your trip.

^That's the second busiest spring break week, so it could have at least been worse! The park does sometimes offer single rider queues, but they're very often not sign posted or randomly not open. Try to ask an employee either out front or by the exit before boarding. I believe they use them on Riddlers and Green Lantern right now.

I would see how you do at the park before deciding on a Flash Pass. The problem with Spring Break at the park is a lot of times the park can get a little busy. Not summer busy, but the park isn't in full summer operation mode yet which then leads to longer lines for everything due to lack of staffing. You should not have any shred of hope that Superman will be open in early April.

dont forget revolution (like anyone needs it)

Actually, we had some VERY unbalanced rides at WCB, and we still did not flip. They have definitely done something to the weight on the cars to control/eliminate the flipping. The ride sucks now, and deserves all the bashing it currently gets.

Actually, we had some VERY unbalanced rides at WCB, and we still did not flip. They have definitely done something to the weight on the cars to control/eliminate the flipping. The ride sucks now, and deserves all the bashing it currently gets.

I'm not sure where "actually" comes from; I was just saying that the only reason they added the single-rider line was probably to even further lower the chances of having the cars flip due to a car with 3 people. I completely agree with you about the bashing.

Although I will say without speaking for anyone else, that I'm 6 foot 1 and 1/2 and pretty badly hurt the back of both of my ankles on the ride a few months ago (when it spun, 5 times for me in fact on a very unbalanced ride). On one of of the spins some part of the car just drove into the back of my ankles. I wouldn't be surprised if they had complaints from taller people who are still allowed on the ride (I believe it has a height maximum).