TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Anyone know what's up with Green Lantern? When I went on Satuarday there were 10+ incidents where riders re entered the station at an odd angle and could not be set into the loading position without a mechanic.

Has anyone ever seen Insane have this problem as well? I just remember it happening a LOT on Saturday...

To be honest this is the earliest they've started work for their 2013/14 project, which means something huge is on the way, Hell, I'm seeing The Log Jammer Area getting more attention than Lex Luthor! I'm really excited about this considering SFMM WAS my home park before I moved to Washington but when I move back to California later on this year, next year will be even better for SFMM (I hope)

Anyone know what's up with Green Lantern? When I went on Satuarday there were 10+ incidents where riders re entered the station at an odd angle and could not be set into the loading position without a mechanic.

Has anyone ever seen Insane have this problem as well? I just remember it happening a LOT on Saturday...

Yea, that's pretty much normal. I guess it goes with the nature of the ride. It happened around the same amount of times on my 38-ride single rider marathon session in December. Hopefully they're working on a way to speed up the process of putting them right-side-up when this happens, as they said in the Q & A.

When I was at Magic Mountain on Saturday, I noticed that the monrail track was no longer going through the tunnel that goes through the mountain. Maybe the tunnel will be used for the 2013/2014 project.

You mean this tunnel?

Could you possibly show me on a map where that is? Having never been to SFMM, its hard to tell where it is exactly. Also what area does the tunnel connect to?

Yea, that's pretty much normal. I guess it goes with the nature of the ride. It happened around the same amount of times on my 38-ride single rider marathon session in December. Hopefully they're working on a way to speed up the process of putting them right-side-up when this happens, as they said in the Q & A.

Same thing happens to me every time I ride now.

When I was at Magic Mountain on Saturday, I noticed that the monrail track was no longer going through the tunnel that goes through the mountain. Maybe the tunnel will be used for the 2013/2014 project.

You mean this tunnel?

Could you possibly show me on a map where that is? Having never been to SFMM, its hard to tell where it is exactly. Also what area does the tunnel connect to?

The Tunnel basically goes under the Laughing Dragon as shown in red. The "Tunnel Station" Metro queue can still be seen walking down the back-side of the hill from Superman to Gold Rusher. About 1/2 way down.

tunnel.jpg.29da34feef14c337cf6dd9c010f12d1e.jpg

Do we have pictures of the inside of the tunnel, or more closeups of each side of it? I checked youtube for an onride to get more info (obviously it's been years since I, or anyone, has ridden the monorail through it) but came up dry (I did find an old home video from '97 but it appears they edited out the section where they passed through the tunnel).

I'm curious as to what it looks like - what kind of structural shape it'd be in at this point - and, I assume, they'd probably deck it out in timed lighting like other coaster tunnels (like Demon at the Great Americas etc).

Do we have pictures of the inside of the tunnel, or more closeups of each side of it? I checked youtube for an onride to get more info (obviously it's been years since I, or anyone, has ridden the monorail through it) but came up dry (I did find an old home video from '97 but it appears they edited out the section where they passed through the tunnel).

Second that request. I also saw that same video. I've personally never been on the Metro, as its operating days date back before I began making regular visits to the park.