TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Goliath has a theme?

I suppose it does, the whole line has that "jungle" theme. Plus the sort of sand/clay look of the letters and outside area that sort of extends to the ride station.

^^I will half to whole-heartedly disagree, I'll take the ride with the roughness over a few other rides in the park!

^^Yeah, I was actually really surprised with the Goliath overgrown-jungle line. The theme just ended once the ride left the station...but it was there!

In defense of Goliath, it isn't easy to theme a hyper outside of the station... and the ride's overall awesomeness makes up for the lack of on-ride theming.

I am disappointed there's not tours or anything "extra" at SFMM for WCB this year, outside of the ERT and announcement/Q&A. I'm hoping for some last minute surprises! CANT WAIT for Saturday!

Viper would have to be the worst ride in the park, my left ball still hasn't drop from riding that coaster three months ago....Scrap metal sounds about right!

That's the last of the 7 inversion arrows! Keep it going for a few more seasons at least!

It's probably one of the smoothest arrows I've been on.

Viper would have to be the worst ride in the park, my left ball still hasn't drop from riding that coaster three months ago....Scrap metal sounds about right!

That's the last of the 7 inversion arrows! Keep it going for a few more seasons at least!

It's probably one of the smoothest arrows I've been on.

You need to get to Dollywood, Tennessee Tornado is a great ride. Of course I will ride Viper again at WCB this weekend!!

That award would have to go to Revolution, IMO.

If I were you, I would hope that QueerRudie doesn't see that, or you'll feel the wrath... I have Nina as my least-favorite. I like to use the term least-favorite over worst because every coaster is special.

For me...

Roughest: easily, by far X2. I found several of the other traditionally rough coasters smooth or acceptable: Viper (one of the magic seats), Revolution (front seat, of course), Colossus (back) and Scream. Note that this has absolutely no bearing on how much I love X2; it's still my top favorite.

Least favorite: Canyon Blaster by default as it's the smallest adults can ride.

Least favorite adult coaster: Gold Rusher. Somewhat painful, boring, no airtime. I will give it the terrain use, though; that's not something to take for granted.

That award would have to go to Revolution, IMO.

If I were you, I would hope that QueerRudie doesn't see that, or you'll feel the wrath... I have Nina as my least-favorite. I like to use the term least-favorite over worst because every coaster is special.

Oh no. I would hate to feel the wraith of "QUEERrudie"

I generally avoid riding Viper, then again I generally avoid going to Magic Mountain in general. I have done well with avoiding it for almost 3 years too! I really should go back though, there are 3 credits there that I haven't gotten.

I'm also not really a fan of Revolution, Scream or X2 (yes... X2). They are just too rough and uncomfortable for me to enjoy. X2 is much better with the newer trains but still not the ride I think we had all hoped for 11 years ago.

I've only ridden it once, but so far i don't think my crotch is digging Green Lantern

I rode it twice (forward and backwards) and that was enough for me. I call it the "Grunt Lantern" because of the noises the riders (including myself) make.

X2 isn't bad at all if you ride defensively. (Head against headrest at all times) Scream is usually hit or miss, depending on which train you ride in. Does anyone really think Revolution is comfortable anymore? Viper, as with pretty much all Arrow mega loopers, is a ride where it is best to keep your head forward. Actually, I would consider Viper to be the least painful of the 3 American Arrow mega loopers, with the honor for the worst going to KD's Anaconda. They all have about the same amount of roughness, but Viper gets the edge over Vortex and Anaconda since the last two have more jarring transitions. On Vorex, the coat hanger onto the turn before the brakes hurts like hell, and Anaconda's helices are simply coat hanger express. Even Corkscrew at CP has a pretty brutal transition into the corkscrews.

Viper still holds up as one of the better Arrow loopers. However, I wouldn't be too surprised if it were removed in the next five years. It takes up a ton of space, and lines are usually about 1/4 the length of X2. Once, X2 had an hour wait, while Viper was cycling with half its seats empty on every cycle; literally a walk-on.

^ Viper has amazing capacity, and is a quick load/unload. X2, not so much. You'd be surprised how popular Viper still is.

Favorite rides at SFMM: Goliath, S:EFK, Colossus, Batman, Gold Rusher, Ninja, Apocalypse, X2.

I take exception to people saying Ninja and Gold Rusher aren't good. There is NOTHING wrong with a coaster being fun and not being the biggest/fastest. Some of my funnest rides on any coaster at the park are actually on Gold Rusher, taking over trains with big groups, night rides through the trees.

Middle of the road rides at SFMM: Scream, Green Lantern, Riddlers (sad too, this used to be amazing, but has been rough the past few years), Tatsu (completely overrated), RRE

Courtesy rides only: Revolution, Viper, Canyon Blaster

Pre-OTSR's, Revolution would probably still be my favorite coaster at the park.

I'll just admit it, Ninja is my personal favorite coaster in the park. Sure it isn't the most extreme, intense, or record breaking ride. However each and every time I ride it I have fun. So in my hear tI have a soft spot of the little coaster on the hill.

I'll just admit it, Ninja is my personal favorite coaster in the park. Sure it isn't the most extreme, intense, or record breaking ride. However each and every time I ride it I have fun. So in my hear tI have a soft spot of the little coaster on the hill.

No shame in that... I love suspended coasters. With the exception of Iron Dragon which is the most boring ride on planet earth, I've never ridden one that I didn't like. When I went to Magic Mountain back in 2001, Ninja was one of my favorite rides in the park.

Viper is an antique. While I feel it will be removed eventually, I don't think this will happen for another 4+ years. Viper is a capacity monster thus why it never has a line. I remember a few summers ('06, '07) where they ran 3 trains and that crew was dispatching trains as soon as the lift cleared.

Fill me in does Viper have a line on a general Saturday?

Ross my head still hurts from that last ride... Granted I've had some great rides on Viper and some bad ones over the past 4 years this last time was probably the most painful. And as for Vipers line, during summer or spring break seasons I've seen up to a 45 minute wait, however in the off season it's normally no more then a 2 or 3 train wait.