TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I wish they would make a pathway thru the log jammer area to the back of the park. But I guess that would mean moving a whole lot of dirt or a tunnel. Probably too expensive.

Looks like that area could be used for an indoor coaster/dark ride. But we know Six Flags doesn't think outside the box.

Now that I think of it, it could actually be an Aquatrax, and if it is,I hope it's a coaster everyone can enjoy! If it is Intamin, I would be extra happier! It's about time SFMM gets back on track (IMO) if this is Aquatrax will become a reality....

I hope it's an aquatrax, since SFMM likes US Firsts. Though, I doubt it would be as good as Atlantis Adventure.

^Keep in mind, DK's are family coasters. Extremely thrilling coasters generally come without as much theming. Realistically speaking, I believe an aquatrax is unlikely, as they want something thrilling. I guess it is possible for a halfway-descently themed ride, but heave theming is unlikely to happen.

If it is a giga, SFMM may not be the first park with both a hyper and a giga, but they would be the first park to have a hyper and a giga in close proximity to each other.

It's not a matter of whether or not they can theme a ride, its a matter of if they will.

The park does have five themed coasters: Green Lantern, Batman The Ride, Goliath, Apocalypse, and Superman, so they are quite capable of theming a ride, and if I recall correctly one of the higher Six Flags officials did say that theming was important and that we should start expecting new attractions to have at least some theming.

But of course, theming costs money, so there is no guarantee that the ride will be themed at all.

I would personally love a well themed coaster sitting in LJ's spot (or anywhere in the park for that matter), but I can't expect too much from Six Flags now can I?

^That depends. There is plenty of room next to Viper for a Giga, and they could very well remove Viper to make more room for one if they needed to/wanted to.

^When I rode it Sunday it made and my friend want off from the 2nd and 3rd loops til the brake run. I seriously couldn't wait for the ride to be over. I hope it was just a bad ride I had but its become a ride I avoid unless I have someone new visiting the park, as was the case on Sunday.

-Cookie