TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Just got back from the park. They made quite a bit of progress on the log jammer area. It's looking a lot bigger of an area than I amagined. They cleared the old mono station completely and flattened it out. It also looked like they dug into the steep terrains in the very back of the LJ spot near gold rusher to make it more flat

Ugh, can I just say I hate posts like that, there's nothing in that post to even tempt me to click on the link, on top of that it's not important enough news to be splashed all over TPR (at least not yet if it is). haha Just ranting, can't wait for WCB next weekend to see all the changes.

Ugh, can I just say I hate posts like that, there's nothing in that post to even tempt me to click on the link, on top of that it's not important enough news to be splashed all over TPR (at least not yet if it is). haha Just ranting, can't wait for WCB next weekend to see all the changes.

I thought it was just me who missed something in that link..

This is exactly why we tell people to post some pictures and a link if they have any actual news or interesting photos. Obviously there wasn't anything good over there which is why no one bothered. Plus when a 13 year old tells you to go do something, you probably should take that with a grain of salt!

^People used to be all over dirt and land clearing pics, particularly when they built Tatsu and Terminator. Why is everyone shooting them down now?

The PortAventura thread sort of made me sick of seeing dirt...

Seeing dirt and scrap metal (Magic Mountain) doesn't make it any better.

I don't get the hate on that link. Annoying that you have to click through to view the stuff, but I'm assuming that the poster probably didn't feel that he had the authority to repost someone else's images...so he just linked.

As far as the newsworthiness, I found it interesting myself. Mostly interesting to see actual demolition of the monorail track, finally. Wonder if that was done to get equipment in the area, or that they're getting an early jump on the attraction (that is going in the area) that will need that monorail track to not be there?

That Food Etc has looked run down for years, nice that they're finally renovating it. Assuming it has something to do with increased traffic over there with the drop tower?

Also, nice to see where that guy Eric ended up going (comments section of that blog that was linked). I've read this site for years, and always laughed as half of his posts seemed to consist of "was going to go to the park/may go to the park/ended up not going to the park" comments! Assuming it's the same dude, he's keeping his posting style alive!

Anyway, I appreciated the link provided as it showed some pictures I hadn't yet seen....and I did enjoy them!

^Definitely, AquaTrax.

what makes you think that?

Intamin uses yellow tractors to clear dirt for Aquatrax coasters. Look it up.

HA... I get it.

*yellow is the standard color construction equipment comes it

^Almost all of that news was posted here several pages ago by TPR regulars.

Right: So if you missed it several pages ago, you got the opportunity to search another link with photos. It isn't unheard of to have the same information, or updates of similar content, posted more than once sometimes. I would rather have 2 updates of similar information than 0 updates at all.

I get more out of looking at photos than reading the description updates on here anyway.

^ I think you are missing the point.

The point is, that it's fine to have a link to an update, but it's also nice to post some "teaser" pics. That way it doesn't look like you are just trying to drive traffic to another site.

Example: The pictures I posted last week of SFMM construction stuff were actually pictures I took for the MiceChat update last Friday. I posted the pics in this thread on (I think) Monday of last week, before there was even an update. In fact, I don't even typically post the MiceChat update link when I have pics in there. I have no problem sharing those pics with TPR.

I know it's appreciated, and I know a lot of readers from TPR go and look at the Friday MC updates anyway. So it's a win-win all around.