TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm hoping no inversions though, unless they are ones the park has not done yet. Is there an inversion left the park hasn't done like twice?

What about a woody with a loop? I hear that's never been done before.*

* successfully, without injuries or closures

I'm hoping no inversions though, unless they are ones the park has not done yet. Is there an inversion left the park hasn't done like twice?

Things like Storm Runner's flying snake dive or a rapid barrel roll like iSpeed would definitely be different than anything the park's current lineup has to offer. There's a lot of cool ways you can get people upside down, you just have to get creative!

The park doesn't have an Immelman, but still I hope what ever is planned for 2013 has no inversions.

I think some reasons SFMM hasn't installed another launched coaster is b/c of the cost to operate a launched coaster. They already have a money hog with S:EFK electricity is expensive in CA, and knowing SFMM they would probably want a launched coaster that would top S:EFK launch or at least top Xcels and with LIM/LSM that's expensive. Then the second option is the Rocket or Air launched coaster, that could get them the extreme speed the park would like but it's a big risk since both of these models are not known for being reliable and are maintenance nightmares. I could be completely and totally wrong on this though lol

All I want is an Intamin Giga after that they can get all the launched coasters and inversions they want

I hope it does have inversions.... I mean why not? And.... you might as well!

In a park that holds the record for inversions with what 32 or 33 total why on Earth would you want another inversion in this place The park is starving for airtime not another loopy de loop imo

What ever happened to the dive machine coming to SFMM.

Honestly, I hope that SFMM gets a Intamin giga in Deja Vu's spot, an Aquatrax in Log Jammer's spot, and hopefully something new for SFHH in Flashback's spot. By the way, when was the last time SFHH got a new slide or play area. Although a launching coaster wouldn't be bad.

-Kyle MacPetrie

What ever happened to the dive machine coming to SFMM.

Honestly, I hope that SFMM gets a Intamin giga in Deja Vu's spot, an Aquatrax in Log Jammer's spot, and hopefully something new for SFHH in Flashback's spot. By the way, when was the last time SFHH got a new slide or play area. Although a launching coaster wouldn't be bad.

-Kyle MacPetrie

Tornando is the last "ride" i can remember them getting, which opened in 04.

^ I thought it was Mr. Six's Play area, but I could be wrong.

but I'm talking about a slide. the play area is pretty much a kids area, and is just an updated version of what it replaced. I hope we can get a really good slide or One of the launching body slides

I'd like to see both a Log Jammer replacement coaster and a new slide for Hurricane Harbor in 2013. I definitely agree that a terrain launcher from Intamin is probably the best option. My dad said he thought a combination of Maverick and Cheetah Hunt would be a great fit, and I agree...no more than 100 ft tall, multiple launches, tunnel through the mountain, maybe one or two inversions but not inversion focused, and plenty of airtime and twists. As for Hurricane Harbor, I would like to see them get a Proslide Rocket where Flashback used to be but I'd be happy with any major slide. It might convince me to visit again.

For a Deja Vu replacement, I think it would be nice for them to install something back there in 2014. Perhaps a couple flats and/or a smaller, family friendly coaster that doesn't exist in the US (I keep thinking Gerstlaurer Bobsled but I don't think that would be high enough capacity). They could also replace Thrill Shot with some sort of flat ride as well that year, and completely retheme that part of the park.

As good as rides like an Intamin Giga or a B&M Diving Machine are, I really don't think SFMM needs them. They already have coasters with large and steep drops, and both of those rides would be extremely expensive. Perhaps when it is time to retire Viper they could place one there and run it along that side of the park, but I really don't want to see the hill dominated by such a large ride.

I hope it does have inversions.... I mean why not? And.... you might as well!

In a park that holds the record for inversions with what 32 or 33 total why on Earth would you want another inversion in this place The park is starving for airtime not another loopy de loop imo

You can have airtime and inversions on the same ride. I know, crazy thought. But if this thing's an Intamin, there's a pretty good chance you're gonna get your fill of airtime regardless of what the rest of the ride does.

I'd like to see both a Log Jammer replacement coaster and a new slide for Hurricane Harbor in 2013. I definitely agree that a terrain launcher from Intamin is probably the best option. My dad said he thought a combination of Maverick and Cheetah Hunt would be a great fit, and I agree...no more than 100 ft tall, multiple launches, tunnel through the mountain, maybe one or two inversions but not inversion focused, and plenty of airtime and twists. As for Hurricane Harbor, I would like to see them get a Proslide Rocket where Flashback used to be but I'd be happy with any major slide. It might convince me to visit again.

For a Deja Vu replacement, I think it would be nice for them to install something back there in 2014. Perhaps a couple flats and/or a smaller, family friendly coaster that doesn't exist in the US (I keep thinking Gerstlaurer Bobsled but I don't think that would be high enough capacity). They could also replace Thrill Shot with some sort of flat ride as well that year, and completely retheme that part of the park.

As good as rides like an Intamin Giga or a B&M Diving Machine are, I really don't think SFMM needs them. They already have coasters with large and steep drops, and both of those rides would be extremely expensive. Perhaps when it is time to retire Viper they could place one there and run it along that side of the park, but I really don't want to see the hill dominated by such a large ride.

Why do I feel it will be a one of a kind coaster (like X was, and how like Green Lantern is a unique coaster?)

Inversions are OK, as long as they don't replace airtime. Maverick is a perfect example. I hope to see a terrain version of this, hopefully with pioneer theming in High Sierra Territory!

See, you can have inversions and airtime too, but go heavy on the airtime.

The GP want inversions, the enthusiasts want airtime.

Which is why rides like Sky Rocket at Kennywood are a good compromise. Personally, I would rather see a giga or hyper, but, realistically, a ride that would suit everyone's tastes would be a Premier-designed looper, with plenty of airtime and lap bars. Sky Rocket is just a compact launched looping coaster, but manages to have more airtime than any coaster at SFMM (I counted 7 spots).

Does everything at SFMM have to be devoid of major airtime? Even the park's hyper coaster is lacking in airtime! GL:FF probably delivers the best airtime in the park, and a zac spin is not a difficult ride to top in terms or airtime.