TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I did a horrible job outlining but it gives you a general idea of the nice sized plot of land they're dealing with here. Also keep in mind the construction doesn't have to be limited to this area. The ride could travel anywhere outside of this area.

I did a horrible job outlining but it gives you a general idea of the nice sized plot of land they're dealing with here. Also keep in mind the construction doesn't have to be limited to this area. The ride could travel anywhere outside of this area.

Does this includes the area in the photo's on the last page?

^^It looks like it does. That's what the little bump-out in the top-right corner of the boxed-in area is, and it bumps right up to the waterpark.

^^ It was pretty loud. There are some videos out there that you can find on YouTube, I won't post them because they are on-ride. At the time they allowed it, but don't now, so that's a grey area.

I would imagine that a new coaster could weasel its way over to that spot, even if just for a turn or loop or something then - a nice, pretty, new Intamin wouldn't be too loud!

You also have to keep in mind, that if they ever want to expand SFHH, this is really the last place to do it (unless they go out to the parking lot/tram route).

It's quite possible this clearing has nothing to do with any 2013 plans and it was just "time for it to go". It would be quite easy if they were going to start work on Log Jammer to just have them start over there since the equipment is already there.

So I am guesiing no truth to the rumours about SFMM getting an indoor dark ride / coaster in 2013?

Probably not, but given that the park has surprised us by adding attractions we didn't really think they would (a ZacSpin, drop tower on the sides of Superman), anything is possible.

The only reason I brought it up was it was on the list of rides that was in the survey i got late last month. A kick arse indoor dark coaster would be perfect for the Mountain!

It's quite possible this clearing has nothing to do with any 2013 plans and it was just "time for it to go".

EDIT: It's going to be a new coaster...I'm pretty sure Elissa even confirmed it a few pages back... But if it were "time for it to go" that would be an all time low for SFMM considering it was probably the best family ride there that everyone could enjoy, and I'd be more furious if it was just removed since it was "time for it to go"...

Edited by galindoverhere

^Of course a new coaster is in the works, but you're implying with your post back to Sirclinksalot that this clearing is directly related to that coaster. As he said, there's a good chance it's not.

Oh I see, sorry for the mix-up and yes Sirclinkslot could be right, but I doubt it since Sue Carpenter said it would be used for a "park expansion"... that could be anything of course but it sounds like a new coaster to me!

Oh I see, sorry for the mix-up and yes Sirclinkslot could be right, but I doubt it since Sue Carpenter said it would be used for a "park expansion"...

To kind of point out the obvious, she didn't say which park

Log Jammer has plenty of room for a good sized coaster, so as was said earlier, its more than likely that the Metro is being torn down simply because they are in that area anyways. And to be honest, Hurricane Harbor could make better use of that land than the Mountain.

Honestly, until there is a coaster train on whatever type of track they install, I'll just sit back and entertain myself with all of the speculation.

There was all sorts of talk about Green Lantern - where it would go, which model it would be, how many trains, etc. And then it finally opened. Yet I just rode it for the first time a few weeks ago - and I live a few hours from SFMM. With the new coaster, that is also just as likely.

Just be patient!!

There is another possibility with regards to the monorail station demolition. Part of what Hersheypark bought from SFMM when they bought the monorails was the rotary switch section of the track, which they were going to get later. If I'm not mistaken, that section of track was next to this station. It's possible it was time for SFMM to pull that section of track out for Hersheypark and they just decided to demo the station while they were already there with the equipment.

After seeing the Log Jammer area again on the pic a few pages back I'm going to say again, Intamin Blitz and/or Rocket ala Storm Runner meets Maverick. I think this would be perfect for that area, there's a bit of terrain to play with, some elevation changes and it could interact with S:EFK and Gold Rusher at points.

I do hope that whatever SFMM gets next is a launcher - it seems crazy that a park with so many coasters only has one (two sides, but still) ride that launches, and even it isn't even a normal launch anymore (or a full circuit)! An accelerator would be a great fit, and maybe it could even break some sort of record - most inversions on a launched ride or something like that. Gotta make it "Xtreme"!