TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I see SFMM building it's new attraction in Log Jammer's spot... I could be wrong though...

Care to elaborate what you saw?

Sure it wasn't just more tearing down of Log Jammer? I wouldn't expect them to just start building a new ride like that... Not to say I wouldn't love to see this be true.

Overhaul Colossus(my favorite ride as a kid), sprucing up around the park, new paint on the rides.

I'd forfeit years of new coasters for them to hire a painter, gardener, and someone who walks around with a power washer.

Don't get me wrong, it's looking a lot better then it was in 2004/2005, but there's still so much potential to do so much more for that place.

^ So I'm guessing the park has regressed since the Jay Thomas era? lol

No, it's definitely still improving and by no means gotten worse at all. But as you walk around there are still coasters that need new paint, midways and lines that have gum caked in the concrete, and lots of areas with overgrown foliage and untended gardens. Venture into the lines like Riddler's, Revolution, and Ninja's exit path next time you go.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that as a park with such a cool landscape, the money they put back into it doesn't do it justice. I don't know if the company has that money to put in though ever since it went through bankruptcy.

[Edit]: Rant (hopefully) over!

^ So I'm guessing the park has regressed since the Jay Thomas era? lol

No, it's definitely still improving and by no means gotten worse at all. But as you walk around there are still coasters that need new paint, midways and lines that have gum caked in the concrete, and lots of areas with overgrown foliage and untended gardens. Venture into the lines like Riddler's, Revolution, and Ninja's exit path next time you go.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that as a park with such a cool landscape, the money they put back into it doesn't do it justice. I don't know if the company has that money to put in though ever since it went through bankruptcy.

[Edit]: Rant (hopefully) over!

Actually, go to just about any part of the park and you'll find something that really should be fixed. It really would be nice if they just held back on new additions for a year and fixed things up, it'd do wonders for the place.

Actually, go to just about any part of the park and you'll find something that really should be fixed. It really would be nice if they just held back on new additions for a year and fixed things up, it'd do wonders for the place.

Totally agree with this. I was just pointing out a couple specifics off the top of my head.

If my logic is correct, SFMM would be stopping to look for new coasters, and maybe try for some innovative flats. But, that's only wishful thinking. Anyway, I don't see a B&M or Intamin Mega-Lite sprawling up in place of Log Jammer, because Those need flatter, more open surfaces to truly function. I feel like that section is good for something like Lisebergbanan at Liseberg.

http://rcdb.com/1061.htm?p=0

That's just my two cents, but I could be wrong.

If my logic is correct, SFMM would be stopping to look for new coasters, and maybe try for some innovative flats. But, that's only wishful thinking. Anyway, I don't see a B&M or Intamin Mega-Lite sprawling up in place of Log Jammer, because Those need flatter, more open surfaces to truly function. I feel like that section is good for something like Lisebergbanan at Liseberg.

http://rcdb.com/1061.htm?p=0

That's just my two cents, but I could be wrong.

I definately agree with you, the park needs a ride like this. Though, I could see this kind of ride going where Goldrusher is instead of Log Jammer's site. But to tell you the truth, I really can't picture anything going into Log Jammer's area, it's just hard to know what the park has planned.

It's going to be a coaster.

The park tried to be family friendly. It didn't work. They found their niche as an 'xtreme' park and that's what they're going to continue as.

I honestly don't have a problem with this at all. If I want family, I'm going to Knotts or Disney anyway (regardless of any attempt by SFMM to go family). If I'm going to SFMM, I'm kinda expecting thrill coasters at this point.

I would like the park to be well staffed and well run, with at least a few things spread around the park for kids. But ultimately, my days of yearning for SFMM to be anything other than what it is, ended around 2006 lol.

I could really easily see the park getting something halfway between Wicked and Verbolten in Log Jammer's spot. It could have terrain stuff as well as an indoor section where Flashback used to be and part of it potentially going over the plaza in front of Superman and having some interaction with Goldrusher on that side.

It's going to be a coaster.

The park tried to be family friendly. It didn't work. They found their niche as an 'xtreme' park and that's what they're going to continue as.

And What did they do to be family friendly. A Train Ride and Harold the Helicopter? They picked bad Additions.

^They tried a whole new rebranding. Did you ever go when even the park maps were changed to show all of the rides and 'attractions' for little kids? It was an entire atmosphere change, we're not just talking about the ride additions.