TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Having looked over the Google Aerial maps of SFMM, I could see Viper join it's siblings in the scrapyard before too long: The land on the opposite side is way too open for a park that will need to look in that direction to expand in the next decade. Viper is a great plot-blocker, and occupies space that could be used for other projects in the future.

While I hate to see any coaster go (well, except MAYBE a TOGO), I could see Viper go away, and other rides fill in the space before too long.

^In theory, yes. However, Newhall Ranch and Land, or whatever the entity that holds the land is called has been reluctant to sell to the park. So in terms of expansion...at least for right now, is just within the middle of the park and dare I even say; the parking lot. But let me stress that before we start worrying about land around the park and ripping things out. THE PARK HAS PLENTY OF LAND TO WORK WITH. Deja Vu's old site, Flashback's old site, the north Superman hill (adjacent to Goldrusher) Log Jammer's old site. The stretch of Land behind Roaring Rapids from Viper to Deja Vu's old site and the space between X and Viper. These all all points that can be seen just from walking around. Who knows what land surveyors and engineers see.

The GoBigCam Girl gave us a hint for the 2013 attraction...sounds to be themed to a superhero...a girl superhero perhaps...maybe SFMM could be seeing some sort of Wonder Woman attraction...oh waitttt a minuteee..

Imo I think some are taking the Go Big Cam a little to literal, the theme of the video was to keep your New Years Resolution, Her resolution was to get into shape. By the end of the video after she has ran around the park exercising she stops in front of Wonder Women's golden lasso and says "I hope I look like that by 2013". She's referring to the giant cardboard cut out of Wonder Women, what women wouldn't want to look like that. Again this is just Imo but I really don't think SFMM plans is to put a Female Super hero theme Giga coaster in Log Jammers spot.

Edited by Gigalyte

^In theory, yes. However, Newhall Ranch and Land, or whatever the entity that holds the land is called has been reluctant to sell to the park. So in terms of expansion...at least for right now, is just within the middle of the park and dare I even say; the parking lot. But let me stress that before we start worrying about land around the park and ripping things out. THE PARK HAS PLENTY OF LAND TO WORK WITH. Deja Vu's old site, Flashback's old site, the north Superman hill (adjacent to Goldrusher) Log Jammer's old site. The stretch of Land behind Roaring Rapids from Viper to Deja Vu's old site and the space between X and Viper. These all all points that can be seen just from walking around. Who knows what land surveyors and engineers see.

Good point B&M! With all the recently removed rides they're good for awhile on new ride space. By the way I love your coasters...

Imo I think some are taking the Go Big Cam a little to literal, the theme of the video was to keep your New Years Resolution, Her resolution was to get into shape. By the end of the video after she has ran around the park exercising she stops in front of Wonder Women's golden lasso and says "I hope I look like that by 2013". She's referring to the giant cardboard cut out of Wonder Women, what women wouldn't want to like they that. Again this is just Imo but I really don't think SFMM plans is to put a Female Super hero theme Giga coaster in Log Jammers spot.
But it could mean ANYTHING! A Splash Battle, a new game similar to 3-Point Challenge, ANYTHING! A man powered Intamin, a women powered water ride, ANYTHING.

I know SFMM has a lot of land left in the park to build new coasters but if they wanted to could SFMM buy the empty land surrounding them for future use?

That land will shortly not be so empty. Check out the notice of intent sign at the current end of Magic Mountain Parkway, just past the entrance to the parking lot, and the new traffic signal that's recently been installed after the intersection at The Old Road.

^^I don't know if I'll miss the open, empty, dark hills when I'm riding the coasters at night, or if I'll enjoy the specks of light more.

I'll definitely miss the open hills during the day though.

Imo I think some are taking the Go Big Cam a little to literal, the theme of the video was to keep your New Years Resolution, Her resolution was to get into shape. By the end of the video after she has ran around the park exercising she stops in front of Wonder Women's golden lasso and says "I hope I look like that by 2013". She's referring to the giant cardboard cut out of Wonder Women, what women wouldn't want to like they that. Again this is just Imo but I really don't think SFMM plans is to put a Female Super hero theme Giga coaster in Log Jammers spot.

I agree with this, I think she was just referring to New Year's Resolutions and getting into shape. But I definitely wouldn't be disappointed if they did put in a Wonder Woman coaster...I mean, who wouldn't want to ride Wonder Woman?

^ This would be true if they took out the trims, got some more comfortable trains, retracked the entire thing and actually took good care of it while taking out the MCBR and replacing it with the original double dip and then starting to actually race the trains again. One can wish

I would really like to see Colossus simply returned to the layout it had in its opening year it doesn't need to get the RMC treatment to be an amazing ride it just needs to be returned to its original glory

Put me down as not wanting any more coasters in the next few years, then a monster wooden coaster after that!

Overhaul Colossus(my favorite ride as a kid), sprucing up around the park, new paint on the rides. Imagine Rev with new restraints and the old school RWB color scheme? They have enough coasters, even if they will be without the true crown for a while.

The thing with Superman being 415ft. is that it looked good on paper but in reality you don't reach those heights and you certainly don't get to experience them for a good amount of time like you do on a traditional coaster. Thanks to Lex Luther this will now be solved

Here's a link to a map of the Newhall Land project (It's called Entrada) that completely wraps around the park. Magic Mountain is the small parcel of land in the top-right, next to the I-5 logo:

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/regions/5/newhall/docs/RegionalOverviewMap.pdf

Wow, Magic Mountain looks like nothing in the big picture. Looks like lots will be changing.