TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

When I went last week, it sounded kind of similar to the Batman station. Don't remember exactly what it sounded like, but it was pretty cool I thought .

That sounds like it would be more like the Riddler themes from Batman Forever? Those play in the Batman station sometimes. Was it a techno song?

No, it was more of a slow and ominous song like you would here in a Batman movie.

When I went last week, it sounded kind of similar to the Batman station. Don't remember exactly what it sounded like, but it was pretty cool I thought .

That sounds like it would be more like the Riddler themes from Batman Forever? Those play in the Batman station sometimes. Was it a techno song?

No, it was more of a slow and ominous song like you would here in a Batman movie.

Nerd question: Were the question mark lights on?

I think they actually keep Colossus running fairly well, so I agree that it doesn't need it, but with it's current layout it's a decent coaster, at best (excluding backwards Colossus, which I thought was pretty cool). On the other hand, NTAG is one of the best coasters on the planet, so if they could even begin to approach that, I'd be quite happy. But, seeing that Rocky Mountain's two previously announced coasters for 2013 now have locations, it doesn't look likely that Colossus is also a candidate for 2013 (and to be fair, Rattler actually needs it). Maybe later, but 2013 made the most sense, since it'll be its 35th anniversary.

So now I'm hoping that they'll use its 35th as the announcement for later things to come . But until then, onto more realistic things, like their new park-spanning giga-Aquatrax.

And a bit of me will always be nostalgic for the old Riddler's music, but I'm also kind of glad not to hear that song anymore.

Nice TR, I'm was kind of worried that X2 would be closed for longer, but it looks like they got it up and running, albeit 1 train. Hopefully it will be this empty when I go on Feb 26. Is it usually crowded in February?

I'm very curious as well... I'll be going on my birthday (Feb. 25th).

That's my birthday too, lol. I was hoping to go on the 25, but sports got in the way.

I'll play devil's advocate here...

I like Colossus the way it is.. (for now). It's still fairly smooth, and is just an enjoyable coaster. If I wanted to ride an 'extreme' (to fit SFMM's theme) wooden coaster, there's Apocalypse to fill that void.

I guess I've just never had a disappointing ride on Colossus, and I usually ride it every time I'm there. Sure, the turnarounds are a little bit bumpy, but those track portions are still entirely wood, whereas the drops (a lot smoother), are steel I-beams (look closely next time you ride it).

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can think of more important things SFMM needs to spend money on... *cough* scream needs paint *cough*

I'll play devil's advocate here...

I like Colossus the way it is.. (for now). It's still fairly smooth, and is just an enjoyable coaster. If I wanted to ride an 'extreme' (to fit SFMM's theme) wooden coaster, there's Apocalypse to fill that void.

I guess I've just never had a disappointing ride on Colossus, and I usually ride it every time I'm there. Sure, the turnarounds are a little bit bumpy, but those track portions are still entirely wood, whereas the drops (a lot smoother), are steel I-beams (look closely next time you ride it).

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can think of more important things SFMM needs to spend money on... *cough* scream needs paint *cough*

I agree here too. The best ride I got on Colossus was right after it's "rehab" early last year. Everytime I ride it I think of the movie National Lampoon Vacation and "Wally World!" Yes, Colossus could use a little work, but I other things need more attention at the Mountain.

New Riddlers music-- It was very quiet so I couldn't quite make it out, but it was definitely different than the old music. Also, Tatsu had their station music turned on again.

I have the original music on my iPod for the Riddler's station. When I'm working out and it comes on, I think of this ride - my favorite stand up coaster.

Good news! It looks like I will be able to make another trip to SFMM this weekend. I will try to get a more detailed TR in with more pics. Last time I was very limited on time so I couldn't wander around too much. I will try to be there from open to close this time!