TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^Robb will send out a big email to everyone who signed up a few days before the event with ALL THE DETAILS. Like it says in the FAQ, you can assume that whatever time the park opens we'll have ERT 60-90 minutes before that time, and you'll need to arrive about 30 minutes prior to that to pick up your event packet. Basically, it will be an early morning!

Just got back from the park. It was a great day, the lines were nearly non existent. I managed to finish all the coasters in about 4 hours and had plenty of time for re-rides. Everything was a walk on for first rides except for Green Lantern,Tatsu, and X2. Later in the day those three jumped to about 30 minutes, while everything else except for Riddler's (1 train operations) was still a walk on or 5 mins or less. Glad I got my last ride on SEFK for a while . See everyone at WCB!

Ive never been to WCB at SFMM but I have been to WCB at Knotts twice. I was wondering how are the crowds for ERT because I know ERT at Knotts is empty.

The lines during ERT are really amazing. Amazing because they are next to nothing. Of course, a newer ride like Superman had longer waits than the other rides, but it was really ONLY 15 minutes at the most, versus 1 hour + after opening to the public! I don't think I've ever waited longer than one train for any ride the entire morning ERT. Evening ERT is even more amazing. Evening ERT is even more amazing because there are usually more rides open, and the people are spread out even more. It also seems like some of the people go home early because it's such a long day. We have had numerous rides with the trains all too ourselves. Last year a bunch of us did an X2 marathon. I think I rode it 5 times in a row AFTER doing a lap of the entire park! Even if they only offered 1/3 of what they had for ERT in previous years it would still be more than worth it!

^^One train operation on Riddler's Revenge is just flat out hysterical.

Hope the good train is running!

I'm not experienced enough to tell which one is the good one, but it was one of the better rides I've had on it as far as I could tell haha .

I attempted a search, but got no results... so I apologize if this has been discussed. I'm considering a trip to Cali the first weekend in February and would really like to visit SFMM. I was wondering what rides are currently down for rehab and their expected re-openings? I know I have seen a Disney site that has a "rehab calendar" and I was curious if SFMM has a similar website somewhere? If not, I may hold off until April when the park is open daily. I assume the rehabs are usually finished by then?

Thank you for the responses. I am more than OK with missing out on the water rides. A little disappointed that S:EFK will be down... I had forgotten about that. But I'll survive. I just wanted to make sure that the park wouldn't have a number of coasters down for winter rehab! Living in the Ohio means I don't exactly have ample opportunities to experience the park and I didn't want to miss out on a handful of the major rides. Now I just have to decide which day I think would be better to visit on the weekend...

Ninja has issues when it's cold which can lead to downtime in the Winter months.

I believe the "magic" temperature for Ninja is anything above 55. Anything colder and the ride may valley. I could be slightly off on that temperature, but I'm sure that I'm pretty close there.

Is Jet Stream scheduled to close for maintenance?

It's been open this winter so far. I don't see why they'd close it at this point. Last year it stayed open straight through the off season.

\As far as I'm concerned JJ728 is correct, I haven't heard of Jet Stream being down for refurbishing lately..

Six Flags Magic Mountain is looking for riders for a commercial!

Details from their Facebook page:

Hey SFMM fans....we are looking for extras for a Six Flags commercial. If you are available on Friday, January 27 from 12pm-9pm, age 18 or over, and able to ride Goliath, Colossus, and Riddler multiples times, we are looking for you! Anyone interested should send a current photo of yourself to sfmmfilming@gmail.com before Monday, Jan 23. Notifications will be made on Tuesday, Jan 24. Those selected will receive $50. (SAG/AFTRA members will not eligible).

able to ride Goliath, Colossus, and Riddler multiples times

I don't think anyone can ride any of those coasters "multiples times." I may be able to ride multiple times though!

I do think that it's great there's more filming of the coasters, so that there isn't anymore footage from defunct rides, or parks that are no longer in the Six Flags chain.

able to ride Goliath, Colossus, and Riddler multiples times

I don't think anyone can ride any of those coasters "multiples times." I may be able to ride multiple times though!

I do think that it's great there's more filming of the coasters, so that there isn't anymore footage from defunct rides, or parks that are no longer in the Six Flags chain.

Yes I agree... I wished I still lived in California, but even if I still did I'm not 18 yet I still hope to have a good time at WCB though!