TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Even though the line at Superman ends just outside the tunnel on most days, the Flash Pass employee that merges the Flash Pass people with the regular line limits the amount of people that can file into the rows (not assigned seating though). Keeps groups together so there are no empty seats and the line moves considerably faster. About 30 minutes from where the line splits for the two tracks (which is my wait time limit for SFMM rides), 45 minutes on a bad day.

Yes, but that is still long for a 20 second ride. And Tatsu is best to ride right before closing, it usually has the shortest line then. If you can't ride X2 in the morning, then ride between 3 and 5 pm. That is when the line is shortest. Green Lantern is usually the worst in the middle of the day, but it usually empties out in the morning and before closing. Goliath is almost always bad in the afternoon.

^Hey, I was happy (in a way) to wait nearly two hours for TTD...

Anyway, I'm glad to hear there's a second time of day when it's often ideal to ride X2. It'll be a tough choice, but I'm thinking of heading to Green Lantern first next time I go, because, well, I need the credit and want to get it quick.

I recommend using Discover anytime you go, especially when you are going to X2. Green Lantern doesn't really matter because only four people decided to go to it a few days before Christmas. My friend and I were 2 of the 4. So you can get in a lot of morning rides! But only do the X2 later trick if the park isn't very busy. And make sure it closes at 6PM. If it doesn't, then your best bet is to go first thing, as the line won't drop more than 15 min. during these times.

If you don't mind waiting, I would say that my favorite ride on X2 was at night in November when it was very cold and very windy. The fire was off, but barely being able to breath with the wind-chill and the roughness caused by the wind made it a whole lot more exhilarating. This is very off-topic, but I thought I'd put this out there.

I remebern going on X2 and Goliath when it was SNOWING last year.. That's an experience I won't forget..

That's like a once in a lifetime experience. I think I went the day before it snowed and I was so upset that I missed riding X2 in the snow.

Went to SFMM yesterday (Sunday). Park was not crowded at all (parking lot ended mid-Colossus), but they managed to still force 20-40 minute waits on almost everything because many of the coasters were running SINGLE TRAINS. It really sucks to see such a high number of single train coasters. I wish they would post a list somewhere.

Coasters I saw with single trains:

Revolution (10 min posted - 20 min actual)

Superman (one side open) - 5 min posted - 30 min actual

Ninja - 10 min posted - 40 min actual!!

Scream

Colossus

Coasters with 2 trains

Apocalypse - Walk-on

X2 - 45 min posted - 70 min actual

Goliath - 5 min posted - 15 min actual

Green Lantern

^Do you mean they were literally only using two cars for Green Lantern? By that do you mean that while there were two cars in the station, there were no cars going through the ride? That is mind-boggling if it's true, because it would mean only 8 people could ride.

You know, I may have to back off of the Green Lantern observation a little. We did not go on the ride, but watched a bunch of cycles. Having been on it a few times before, it sure looked like there were only 2 cars on that day. Cycles were taking an incredible amount of time.

^Do you mean they were literally only using two cars for Green Lantern? By that do you mean that while there were two cars in the station, there were no cars going through the ride? That is mind-boggling if it's true, because it would mean only 8 people could ride.

You know, I may have to back off of the Green Lantern observation a little. We did not go on the ride, but watched a bunch of cycles. Having been on it a few times before, it sure looked like there were only 2 cars on that day. Cycles were taking an incredible amount of time.

Yea, you probably witnessed two cars going through the ride at once. It really depends on how fast they're getting people through. The ride tends to have a lot of downtime, but sometimes they can keep the ride operational through this, but it slows everything down. Normally they're loading cars while there's cars going through the ride, and then as cars go through they send another one up.