TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^^Thanks.

^I'm not that dissapointed with the Dejavu closure because I'm *barely* below the hight limit... I was very scared the first time I rode it, and if I didn't have my feeet tucked in, I think I could have kicked the supports

I'll report back here some time during the day on the state of the park...

Hey guys, I finally have some time off from work to visit the park next week. I wanted to see if anybody had experience going during this time- whether it is busy or not. Ideally I can make it sometime between Tuesday 27th to Friday 30th.

Any recommendations or insight is much appreciated!

We went on the 30th (or something) last year, and the park was DEAD. We'll be heading up there one day next week, not sure what day yet.

Not planning on getting our SP's until WCB most likely. Need a break from the place.

^ Riddler's Revenge has a single rider line. Go down the exit path and follow the signs. I can't think of any other rides with single rider.

Didn't Green Lantern have one, at least over the summer? I am almost positive I heard that it did. And these people I have heard it from were not you average jeeps, it is unlikely they were confusing the ride for Riddler's Revenge.

Also, I do believe Viper occasionally has one. However, the time I did see the sign, there was no line, with empty rows being sent out on every cycle.

Edited by MrSum1_55

Just got back from the park today, and wow! I heavily took advantage of being there alone.

Final ride count:

Green Lantern - 7 times

Batman - 10 times (never got out of seat)

Riddler's Revenge - 1 time

Superman: EFK - 7 times

Tatsu - 4 times

Goliath - 1 time

Viper - 2 times

X2 - 11 times!!!

Green Lantern has an unofficial single rider line, you just go up through the exit and they'll let you on an empty seat. But the craziest thing happened when I was put on an empty seat; I was seated next to someone the same size as me (450 pounds combined) and on the other side as it turned out was 2 weighing-nothing 6 year olds. We spun the whole time like crazy while it was windy. We got to the exit upside-down but unlike others they took 10 minutes getting us right-side up because our side weighed too much. The ride ops said this was the craziest spinning they'd seen.

X2 is very easy to get back on right after you get off (11 times straight) if you look for an empty seat (ride ops were ok with that). Even more strange, one side of the line was not being managed well, so I was able to get right back in a row line after getting off. Tatsu was a walk on later in the day, and they were only using one side (but 2 trains).

Today was a very dead day, with most rides being walk-ons, with the exception of Riddler, which was only using one train, and X2 and Tatsu which had high points of 30 minute waits.

Very saddening though was that I lost my phone while riding Tatsu (???? after riding X2 11 times with it in my pocket?). Find My iPhone says it's by Tatsu, so I'll try to get it back on Friday when I go again.

^^That happened to us when they let 3 of us ride Green Lantern. We came back into the station spinning like crazy and once we finally stopped, the balance bar that balances out the cars couldn't balance our car so 3 mechanics had to come out and rotate our car manually so we could advanced to the unload area. It was fun staring nearly straight down to the unload platform for 5 minutes.

WCB12_smaller.jpg.4415ed3e6c0f311aa4ec7011745570af.jpg

West Coast Bash 2012 Tickets Now On Sale! - http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?categoryID=22

West Coast Bash is....

Saturday, February 18th at Six Flags Magic Mountain

Sunday, February 19th at Knott's Berry Farm

Event includes Morning & Night ERT, Lunch, Park Management Presentations, and a lot more to be announced soon!

TICKETS ARE LIMITED!!! THEY WILL SELL OUT!!!

Get them ASAP! See you at WCB 2012!

--Robb Alvey

http://www.themeparkreview.com

Edited by robbalvey

Windy at the Mt. No X2 or Scream.

Still no obvious prep at the Luther site. That should change after the holidays - just a guess.

On the way in we stopped by the departed Log Jammer. There's no sign of demo work. The sign still hangs above the queue entrance. At least Log Jammer has the bare abandoned monorail beam for company.

Uh-oh, Riddler is in 1-train rehab mode.

Hey guys, I finally have some time off from work to visit the park next week. I wanted to see if anybody had experience going during this time- whether it is busy or not. Ideally I can make it sometime between Tuesday 27th to Friday 30th.

We went on the 30th (or something) last year, and the park was DEAD. We'll be heading up there one day next week, not sure what day yet.

Not planning on getting our SP's until WCB most likely. Need a break from the place.

Awesome! Thanks Sir Clinksalot. Definitely looking forward to getting on X2 more than twice in a visit. I thought it might be busy cause they are open a full 10am-8pm all next week as in they are anticipating large crowds. Evidently not!

Anybody have cheap places to stay nearby?

Awesome! Thanks Sir Clinksalot. Definitely looking forward to getting on X2 more than twice in a visit. I thought it might be busy cause they are open a full 10am-8pm all next week as in they are anticipating large crowds. Evidently not!

Anybody have cheap places to stay nearby?

If you know how to use Priceline the Hyatt Valencia comes up with winning bids between $45-$60 and the hotel straight up books around $140 ... look at biddingfortravel .com for strategies on bidding ... And the Hyatt is in a great location but I think it dosent offer shuttle to SFMM... ............. Here is a example of someones winning bid. Hope you understand it as I do but I sure wont explain it at this time unless we are face to face as hard at times to explain re-bids.......................

Bid one day before arrival using the biddingfortravel Priceline hotel link. Used several free rebids. A $60 counteroffer was provided on a $42 bid; declined and continued up. Eventually $52 failed and $54 was successful to get this. Published rate was $139 for that night. One night (a Thursday night), one room, total $68.55 with taxes and fees

went to the park on x-mas eve...WALK ON on X@...literally....walked right into a almost completely empty station...3-4 other people...park was very very empty...best time to go on x-mas eve

Amazing! I'm definitely going to have to go one or twice this week while I'm still on Winter Break. Does anyone knows if the park even makes money on these types of days? I'm sure this has been discussed before in the past...

went to the park on x-mas eve...WALK ON on X@...literally....walked right into a almost completely empty station...3-4 other people...park was very very empty...best time to go on x-mas eve

Hope that's the case tomorrow while I'm there. It'd be nice to have a few back to back rides on X2.