TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

They wouldn't remove viper. If it comes to anything Ninja will probably be next.

So, they will remove Ninja, then Jet Stream next, OK, though Log Jammer was just removed, so I don't think Jet Stream & Ninja are going anywhere.

Here's my opinion on SFMM's next coaster removal: The park won't remove a coaster unless they have to, but if they do it will be either Viper or Batman.

Why those two? Both of those are older coasters that are not too popular anymore. Even on crowded days, 30 minute lines are rare if the coasters are being run decently (other than the first three hours of the day, I've never seen longer than a 10 minute wait for Viper). Plus, both of these rides would clear up a decent amount of space that could be used for a replacement attraction, and Batman would be an easy ride to relocate to another Six Flags park (likely replacing an SLC). A case could be made for Scream, but my thinking is that it is still too new to remove (give it five years and it might be a candidate as well). The two other coasters I most frequently hear in this discussion (Ninja and Gold Rusher) are both unlikely because they are family rides that the park needs. Besides, in Ninja's case, Jetstream would have to go too or there wouldn't be that much room for a new coaster, and the park needs at least three water rides with the temperatures it gets during the summer (they currently have three), and Gold Rusher wouldn't clear up as much room as people might think (especially if the Log Jammer replacement is a large coaster).

I don't think that they would ever remove Batman anytime soon. I can see Viper being removed but Batman will probably not be removed for a while if anything.

^About the hot days, I've noticed they don't check the date on the drink wristbands... Unless anyone can disprove this, I don't think they change the color.

Back on topic: I bet they only really care about having one water ride in the park. I bet they'll tear down all but one water ride if it makes sense for them...

I feel as though the amount of water rides the park "keeps" is irrelevant seeing as they have a fully functional water park on site......

It's also a lot more work to go to the water park, especially if you just wanna cool down. Look at Great America, we have a pretty big waterpark, and it's free with admission, but on hot summer days 3/4 of our water rides will have full queues. It's pretty important to offer water rides outside of the water park.

I feel as though the amount of water rides the park "keeps" is irrelevant seeing as they have a fully functional water park on site......

It's also a lot more work to go to the water park, especially if you just wanna cool down. Look at Great America, we have a pretty big waterpark, and it's free with admission, but on hot summer days 3/4 of our water rides will have full queues. It's pretty important to offer water rides outside of the water park.

Jon- Agreed completely!

OK: This is where the 'handicapped' me pops in and raises a point or two...

Water rides, unlike water parks, can be accessed by everybody for the most part. Admittedly, the vast majority of water park attractions either require ability to get into/out of pools, or to climb long flights of stairs to reach the top of a waterslide/similar attraction. I can say that for me (And for the other 'mobility impaired' that are out there) water parks are a no-no. I'm lucky I can still walk- but for the chairbound it's a no-go.

While I myself don't normally dig water rides (There are a -limited- number of exceptions) I do like having the option of a log-flume/rapids ride/splashwater falls ride at a park. It means for some of us we get to cool off- without having to change clothing, find stopgards for canes, etc. and go into a place where I'm not able to go on 90% of the attractions. There will always be a deep desire for water rides, but speaking on behalf of the handicapped, to remove them all would be a huge disappointment!

R.D. "Stairs are my enemy" Sussmann

OK: This is where the 'handicapped' me pops in and raises a point or two...

Water rides, unlike water parks, can be accessed by everybody for the most part. Admittedly, the vast majority of water park attractions either require ability to get into/out of pools, or to climb long flights of stairs to reach the top of a waterslide/similar attraction. I can say that for me (And for the other 'mobility impaired' that are out there) water parks are a no-no. I'm lucky I can still walk- but for the chairbound it's a no-go.

While I myself don't normally dig water rides (There are a -limited- number of exceptions) I do like having the option of a log-flume/rapids ride/splashwater falls ride at a park. It means for some of us we get to cool off- without having to change clothing, find stopgards for canes, etc. and go into a place where I'm not able to go on 90% of the attractions. There will always be a deep desire for water rides, but speaking on behalf of the handicapped, to remove them all would be a huge disappointment!

R.D. "Stairs are my enemy" Sussmann

That's a major problem. I think that if someone like Proslide could create a safe contraption that allows disabled guests to access water slides safely, then that would make water rides so much easier and fun for the handicapped. (It sounds crazy, but if we can dream it, we can do it.)

That's a major problem. I think that if someone like Proslide could create a safe contraption that allows disabled guests to access water slides safely, then that would make water rides so much easier and fun for the handicapped. (It sounds crazy, but if we can dream it, we can do it.)

It's not the safety in the rafts/rides that's the primary issue... It's getting TO them. The vast majority of slides, etc. require loooooooong staircases to get up to the ride. Unless parks really want to install elevators as well as HandiRamps into pools, then we're SOL for waterparks.

^I think you'll get lucky over the next few years if you hang with us and give water parks a try!

More and more are working on the tube transport systems, or 'blaster' type slides where you start at the bottom instead of at the top.

I think they've picked up on the fact that people are lazy and they're cutting the stairs out. Handicapped people will benefit from our laziness!

^I think you'll get lucky over the next few years if you hang with us and give water parks a try!

More and more are working on the tube transport systems, or 'blaster' type slides where you start at the bottom instead of at the top.

I think they've picked up on the fact that people are lazy and they're cutting the stairs out. Handicapped people will benefit from our laziness!

LOL- Agreed: I've wanted to try one of the parks with the 'transpotainment' water systems- as they do look like a LOT of fun... And the Blasters I've seen look like they're worth it, too.

Hopefully we'll get a copy of Wild Wavi stateside before too long, as that would be the best place I can think of to 'return to the water!"

^Here's a picture to give you an idea of what you certainly could do with us!

dubai5_48.jpg

This is at Aquaventure in Dubai. You can see the belt bringing people up in their tubes, then you can get on almost ALL of the slides you see without getting out of the tube.

Now, to get back on track...you won't see this at SFMM. And SFMM should keep some of their water rides IN the park.

Edited by SharkTums

^About the hot days, I've noticed they don't check the date on the drink wristbands... Unless anyone can disprove this, I don't think they change the color.

Back on topic: I bet they only really care about having one water ride in the park. I bet they'll tear down all but one water ride if it makes sense for them...

Even if you get away with it, that's still trying to steal drinks. I'd hate to see someone get ejected from the park or worse for something so stupid.

about the drink wristbands. The colors change. Every day. And every month they rotate what color is on what day. So you got a gold wristband on a saturday. On sunday you will get a yellow one. Also they may only check to see that you have a wristband, but they will deny you if the thing looks super beat up, or check the date again on it. When i was doing inspections on batman we bought wrist bands (it was summer, the park was open) and cuz we were working they got beat up, and the people at the drink stands checked the dates cuz they looked like i may have worn it for a week to get the same day. Which means sure you can get some, but its kinda gross. But who knows. Teenagers do stranger things for 'free' stuff

^ Especially when the refills on subsequent days are what, $0.99? Maybe $1.99?

99 cents, water is free