TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

From the above quoted statement about the parking pass, it sounds like you need to purchase the pass for your home park and then pay an additional fee for the Go Park.

We do offer a "GO PARK" parking pass, for an additional $50 fee, which would allow for parking at all Six Flags theme parks. You must already have a parking pass purchased for a different park in order to be eligible for this add-on. This may be purchased at Guest Relations.

^You got lucky or dumb employees.

The parking passes were not park transferable for a long time. Then for a few years they worked at all of the parks. Then a memo went out this year and most of us got denied everywhere for parking again as it was no longer good chain wide.

Weird I got into SFA with my parking Pass for free

The parking passes were not park transferable for a long time. Then for a few years they worked at all of the parks. Then a memo went out this year and most of us got denied everywhere for parking again as it was no longer good chain wide.

Weird I got into SFA with my parking Pass for free

We do offer a "GO PARK" parking pass, for an additional $50 fee, which would allow for parking at all Six Flags theme parks. You must already have a parking pass purchased for a different park in order to be eligible for this add-on. This may be purchased at Guest Relations.

I'm not looking to turn this into a pass debate thread, but I seriously hope one day they will again just say here is a top of the line pass, it costs $160, gets you in everywhere including parking. The three level approach at Cedar Fair seems to work, Six Flags should adopt it, afterall, SF's is practically doing it anyway. But, I suppose I will go thru the motions and addon the "GO PARK" at some point in the 2012 season as I plan to hit a good chunk of their parks again with all the new stuff they are installing, inlcuding the mountain in Jan. which will save me money in the long run.

@Billsindelar Bill Sindelar

@TheCoasterGuy hey u may know this but I am at magic mountain and was just told that a kingda ka type coaster is going in old log jammer

27 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone Favorite Retweet Reply

replies ↓

»

The Coaster Guy

TheCoasterGuy The Coaster Guy

@

@Billsindelar I've been told it's going to be a gigacoaster, so that's close to what I'm hearing. The launch part is new. Very exciting!

It's funny that someone else heard this.

Just like all rumors, you can take this with a grain of salt. But I also went to the park today with my wife and daughter and was in line for the metal detectors when one of the market research people (this employee has been there 10+ years, I remember him when I worked there in the late 90s) began interviewing someone behind us about how many times they've been to the park. He then went on to explain to the couple that SFMM is getting the demon drop ride next year and explained how it's going to be on both sides of the Superman tower. He then went on and told the couple they should be excited about what is coming in 2013.

He said the following points about this upcoming ride (I'm aware that some of these points are commonely known now, I'm just sharing all he said)

- Log Jammer has been closed and will be removed for it

- Deja Vu has been closed and will be removed for it

- The ride will be launched and like Kingda Ka where the ride will launch up and go over a top hat element

- The ride will be the tallest and fastest and change the "skyline" of the park

- The ride will begin back where Deja Vu was and go north before turning to go over the mountain where it will do some tricks in the Log Jammer area before returning back to the other side of the mountain by using the old metro tunnel.

Now I know the whole dippin dots employee crap will be brought up, I just thought there was too many points explained to this couple by a higher level employee to be false. So, only time will tell. But you have to admit, the points all seem possible and coincide with what's going on it the park. A ride at that caliber would require Deja and Log Jammer to close two years early...

^Oh, god! Not the Key Club! They were there when I went to SFDK. They annoy the living hell out of everyone with their chants. Were they doing any repeated loud chants throughout the day?

I was also there today and yes, it was annoying as hell! They had pep rallys in the Golden Bear theater and I swear you could hear the screaming from all over the park.

@Billsindelar Bill Sindelar

@TheCoasterGuy hey u may know this but I am at magic mountain and was just told that a kingda ka type coaster is going in old log jammer

27 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone Favorite Retweet Reply

replies ↓

»

The Coaster Guy

TheCoasterGuy The Coaster Guy

@

@Billsindelar I've been told it's going to be a gigacoaster, so that's close to what I'm hearing. The launch part is new. Very exciting!

Just like all rumors, you can take this with a grain of salt. But I also went to the park today with my wife and daughter and was in line for the metal detectors when one of the market research people (this employee has been there 10+ years, I remember him when I worked there in the late 90s) began interviewing someone behind us about how many times they've been to the park. He then went on to explain to the couple that SFMM is getting the demon drop ride next year and explained how it's going to be on both sides of the Superman tower. He then went on and told the couple they should be excited about what is coming in 2013.

He said the following points about this upcoming ride (I'm aware that some of these points are commonely known now, I'm just sharing all he said)

- The ride will be launched and like Kingda Ka where the ride will launch up and go over a top hat element

- The ride will begin back where Deja Vu was and go north before turning to go over the mountain where it will do some tricks in the Log Jammer area before returning back to the other side of the mountain by using the old metro tunnel.

Now I know the whole dippin dots employee crap will be brought up, I just thought there was too many points explained to this couple by a higher level employee to be false. So, only time will tell. But you have to admit, the points all seem possible and coincide with what's going on it the park. A ride at that caliber would require Deja and Log Jammer to close two years early...

Wow if that is true..... OH boy... .

^Oh, god! Not the Key Club! They were there when I went to SFDK. They annoy the living hell out of everyone with their chants. Were they doing any repeated loud chants throughout the day?

I was also there today and yes, it was annoying as hell! They had pep rallys in the Golden Bear theater and I swear you could hear the screaming from all over the park.

Haha, I am in Key Club but drove myself so that I could run to X2, and skipped the rally in the Golden Bear. I had a very successful day, actually.

Here was my game plan, with some modifications: I ran straight to X2, and got right on. Then I hit Viper. After that, I ran to Riddler's Revenge and followed it up with Batman. After that, I was able to do the unofficial single-rider on Green Lantern. Then, I did Collosus followed by a marathon on Scream in which I was able to ride 4 times without leaving the station. After that, I rode Viper again, and then got in line around 5:15 to ride X2 again with my friend. However, when we got to the front, there was empty seat, so I was able to ride with this kid, and then stay in my seat and have my friend ride with me (so I got to ride X2 two times in a row, and three times overall). However, the fire was off the whole day, but the wind at night made X2 very cold, very fast, and very shaky. Note: I didn't mention the sometimes-long break inbetween rides to hang out with fellow key-clubbers.

Overall, it was a great day, and really didn't wait in any lines at all.

P.S. I wasn't one of the chanters, but I did yell "Key Club, how do you feel!?" at the top of every coaster, including X2, and got a response...

[quote name="Magic Alumni"

Just like all rumors' date=' you can take this with a grain of salt. But I also went to the park today with my wife and daughter and was in line for the metal detectors when one of the market research people (this employee has been there 10+ years, I remember him when I worked there in the late 90s) began interviewing someone behind us about how many times they've been to the park. He then went on to explain to the couple that SFMM is getting the demon drop ride next year and explained how it's going to be on both sides of the Superman tower. He then went on and told the couple they should be excited about what is coming in 2013.

Now I know the whole dippin dots employee crap will be brought up, I just thought there was too many points explained to this couple by a higher level employee to be false. So, only time will tell. But you have to admit, the points all seem possible and coincide with what's going on it the park. A ride at that caliber would require Deja and Log Jammer to close two years early...[/quote]

Can someone if they have the time use a google map view of SFMM and show us what this would look like?

Thanks!

I am not too sure about Deja Vu plot of land being part of that giga. THe impact of sending a coaster all the way down throug the old metro tunnel to link up with Log Jammer is huge. It would / could possibly conflict with: Tatsu footers, Ninja, Jetstream, Goldrusher, all those stores, quite a few walkways, over / under Superman, Bear theater, and so on. That just seems crazy complicated. If Deja Vu land is used, I could see a Ka style ride running behind Apocalypse, Riddler, and Batman running right up to their border on that side. It's just my guess, but I would suspect that Log Jammer and Deja's land will be actually used for two different attractions.

I remember hearing a rumor a while back that a launched coaster would take the layout of metro. All of these things sound like possibilities to me, plus a 120+mph launch through metro's old tunnel sounds awesome in my book. Also, if the mountain (or really any other park in general) were to get a Kingda Ka=esque ride, in a coasternerd's perspective it would be very interesting to see if they'd make a support system similar to I305!

"I took my private jet to SFMM today and another teenage employee told me about the park's 2013 plans. She told me that it would be an Intamin launcher with a water-splash at the end. It'll be 457 feet high and 129 mph, claiming the height and speed record in America. The tower will be neon pink and the track will be zebra-striped. After the descent from the tower, it goes through 40 giant inversions that go over Tatsu. This sounds very logical, especially considering that the employee who told me about this has been working their for 2 weeks now!111!!1!!!1"

This is what the current rumors are translated to in my opinion.

Edited by Bryce232

^You never know with Magic Mountain, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried something completely mind-bogglingly insane! I didn't see anyone on here who expected the drop tower to go on S:EFK.

Plus, any coaster with zebra striped paint would be awesome.

Gotta live up to that motto: "Go big or go home."

Also, anyone else ridden X2 when it's very windy? I rode in the very back (front) last night and the ride was VERY rough compared to the morning. Not sure if it was the ride or the wind...

I found out the discount on the Flash Pass for those interested while getting my Xtreme pass yesterday, 15%.