TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

about the airtime. Since it has been redone and facing backwards i feel no airtime at all, i even leave my restraints really loose with lots of space. Its makes more since to me that you would loose airtime, when it was facing forwards and you where falling back it was more a free fall, nothing but sky above you, now it flipped and the ride is behind you you pushing you down the spike, no wear for you body to go up.

Its all personal preference though. I still find the ride 300X times better. It is now a must ride every time I am at the park.

It may just be me but I love superman anyways, I just think is such a unique ride experience that you shouldn't miss! The only thing that drove me crazy were those arm guards by at the ends of each row. Drove me CRAZY!

I like the new version of Supe. Yes, those arm guards are a pain. That's why I wait for the row with only 2 seats - no guards.

about the airtime. Since it has been redone and facing backwards i feel no airtime at all, i even leave my restraints really loose with lots of space. Its makes more since to me that you would loose airtime, when it was facing forwards and you where falling back it was more a free fall, nothing but sky above you, now it flipped and the ride is behind you you pushing you down the spike, no wear for you body to go up.

Its all personal preference though. I still find the ride 300X times better. It is now a must ride every time I am at the park.

It comes down to if you're a SFMM fanboy or not more than anything. The airtime is NOT 100X better! That is all. I feel sorry for the people who haven't left California and haven't lost their virginity to real airtime before. But take it from someone who has experienced ejector-The airtime on Superman isn't amazing and it never was. You ride it for the speed and height, NOT for the airtime. Great ride? Yes. Great airtime? No!

^X2

Speaking of Apocalypse ... both Josh and I noticed last Friday that the ride was running amazing. It seemed so much faster than our last few rides. Anybody else notice this lately?

I also noticed that for the first time in awhile they held us outside the pre-show, but then we just walked straight through. Thought that was kind of weird. If anything I would have thought they'd hold you at the Fastpass merge.

^I have not noticed a faster ride on Apoc recently, however the ride does seem a little more rough laterally. Not a problem for me, it's a wood coaster and I expect that. On my visits, however, they didn't even stop me at the pre-show anymore, and I just walked through to the station. Fine with me considering they mostly gutted a lot of the pre-show themeing after re-naming the ride anyway.

Airtime non-virgin here, also a rider of coasters around the globe. Airtime isn't the right word for Superman. It's definitely more "weightlessness" than anything. When the ride faced forward I never felt it at all. Now I atleast feel it and although it's not like a drop tower or anything it's much more evident to me, especially in the back seats. The OTSR's don't restrict the feeling at all, IMO.

SoCal may not have airtime, but there's pretty much no ride I've been on that even compares or provides the sensations of X2 from the second you crest the lift hill, to the backflip before the turnaround. That entire sequence is practically incomparable (except for the 4D brother on the other side of the planet).

I would *guess* Deja Vu will be all of gone next weekend.

^^I would assume rehabed trains and cooler weather play a large roll in that. But can't say for certain because I haven't been since July. I'm craving another trip, maybe next month and I'm definitely going to push to get to WCB.

^I agree with your X2 statement 100%. I was cocky the last time I rode and thought "Oh, my phone will be ok. I'm sitting so it won't be an issue"......wrong! Get back to the station and it was hanging on by a thread.

^^ "Weightlessness" is exaclty right. There are no Negative vertical forces exerted on the riders during the course of the ride on the tower. "Airtime" is experienced when you have counter-acting forces; a car going down and a rider going up. On Superman, the car and rider are accelerated separetly (at launch) but when both reach top speed right before going up the tower, they act as a single entity through the rest of the trip up and down the tower until the breaks are lit.

It would be quite impossible for anyone to get "airtime" as it is traditionally defined on that ride.

In 2013, Rocky Mountain Coasters will have new installations, re-track projects, and also enter the wood coaster train race!

I am just going to call that in 2013, Colossus celebrate its 35th birthday by having a Rocky Mountain make-over, N-Tag style!

At WCB 2011, Tim Burkhart said that he rode N-Tag and would love to see it implemented on Colossus in the future. All the pieces are matching up.

829911192_RockyMountain.thumb.jpg.8c769ebac995ffe73f65fc3b3098d031.jpg

I am just going to call that in 2013, Colossus celebrate its 35th birthday by having a Rocky Mountain make-over, N-Tag style!

At WCB 2011, Tim Burkhart said that he rode N-Tag and would love to see it implemented on Colossus in the future. All the pieces are matching up.

If that's the case...then why was Log Jammer taken out?