TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

It always astonishes me how critical people can be even of the best rides.

The lift hill of Tatsu is one of the most thrilling experiences there is. And the pretzel loop is the best imo.

The cost of sticking Tatsu under the mountain would have prevented it being built in the first place I'm guessing.

^Another way to appreciate Tatsu's use of the terrain is to ride S:UF at GAdv. This thing was literally jammed between the midway and the parking lot, just because it fit there! While the S:UF clones are not the most thrilling rides around, if they actually expanded out of their square-shaped layouts, they would be great rides! I am just glad SFMM didn't get another Superman clone.

^Another way to appreciate Tatsu's use of the terrain is to ride S:UF at GAdv. This thing was literally jammed between the midway and the parking lot, just because it fit there! While the S:UF clones are not the most thrilling rides around, if they actually expanded out of their square-shaped layouts, they would be great rides! I am just glad SFMM didn't get another Superman clone.

I have ridden all three of the S:UF ... I actually like them. I mean, not top 20 or anything, but they are fun rides.

As of Friday, no evident construction on Drop of Doom. Wonder if they are just going to move the cranes from Deja Vu to Doom once Vu is completely gone? Although I would have to imagine they are going to need a pretty big crane for Doom construction.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Goliath has some downtime during construction due to it's proximity.

^ I haven't been on it backwards yet, only forwards in 2003 so I really hope its open!

It is SO much better backward than it ever was forward! I hope it's open for you guys too, it's definitely a new experience you don't want to miss, the G's on the curve are so strong. The train actually hits 100 MPH now, and the looking at the ground from that high is awesome.

The park probably won't close Superman and get started on Lex Luther until April next year. Then it will have problems and its opening will be rushed or delayed. Oh Six Flags, don't you ever learn? /sarcasm

I think this may just be me, but since the park went to weekend only operation (and lost a lot of the seasonal staff), operations are faster, the park is cleaner and the staff is friendlier. Am I the only one that has noticed this?

Also the dismantle crew is almost done on deja vu. They moved fast.

I think this may just be me, but since the park went to weekend only operation (and lost a lot of the seasonal staff), operations are faster, the park is cleaner and the staff is friendlier. Am I the only one that has noticed this?

I believe that would be because these people "want" to be there. They aren't the shmucks looking to collect a paycheck without effort.

Is there still airtime on the ride?

More than ever. The change in seat direction and new height up the tower definitely makes the weightlessness or "airtime" more noticeable than ever. To be honest I never really felt all that weightless facing forward.

That's completely untrue. I've ridden the odl and new version of this ride many times. The airtime is pretty much gone from the ride because of the OTSR's. It know you're going forwards now, but the OTSR's are pretty much what decide the airtime since there is so few to begin with. Don't go on Superman expecting great airtime, you will be greatly dissapointed. Instead, focus on the speed of the height, or better off, just enjoy the much better ride!

^^Really, the drop delivers the same sensation as X2's drop. You do get a bit of airtime at the top, but the real fun comes in the sensation of skydiving down. Also, I should note that the airtime is more prominent in the back than the front. (Or is it the front? The two rows that go higher up the tower give the best airtime). However, the lower two rows are better for visuals. One important thing to note is that the higher rows have significantly longer waits than the lower rows, thanks to the awful station design, featuring 90 degree bent rows. Furthermore, you might not even have the choice between the first and last two rows, since most standby riders are sent to the lower rows, while Flashpass is sent to the last two rows.

Now that Deja Vu is gone, Superman probably takes the cake for the worst operations on the mountain (right up there with Tatsu). How have the crews been doing on this ride? I really have yet to see a good crew on this. They did have a decent crew on WCB day, though.

Now that Deja Vu is gone, Superman probably takes the cake for the worst operations on the mountain (right up there with Tatsu). How have the crews been doing on this ride? I really have yet to see a good crew on this. They did have a decent crew on WCB day, though.

Absolutely terrible.

Hopefully they'll speed up with the full time crew there. The teens there for summer jobs that left for the off season or school will hopefully have a good effect on operations.