TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I, too, thought that area would be great for a really cool custom Intamin. It's been a while since I've been to SFMM so I wouldn't know as well as those of you who've been there a lot... but isn't that area very hilly and full of trees and stuff? I can't think of any coasters in CA that make really good use of the terrain so if SFMM pulled it off... that would be awesome!

I still think they should get a family ride, and Deja Vu's spot would work perfectly for something like that. I keep thinking that they might get Pandemonium, but I think it would be worse to have Pandemonium at SFMM than SFDK... so who knows where that thing is going.

I am really tired of this OMG Log Jammer is going, wear are all going to miss it crap, wish they would have informed us about its closure...STFU, Nobody is going to miss Log Jammer, maybe the 15 percent of the public that visits the park, and that 15 percent ore probably the people on here crying a river.

Be happy, there getting rid of an old run down ride and hopefully replacing it with something EPIC. Besides who goes to MM to ride the water rides? NOT THIS GUY. Plus I am tired of walking under the flume and getting dripped on, it makes the park look like crap.

While Log Jammer wasn't the best flume in the world, it did have some charm that many other flumes didn't. Frankly, this "OMG ride is getting removed and I'm a bit upset" happens everytime a ride closes. (Psyclone being the exception, that can rot in hell right next to Windjammer)

Also the log flume that "drips" on you is Jet Stream, not Log Jammer.

Really random memory of that ride: Last time I went to the park was Spring Break of 09', and it was REALLY hot out, so we used our Flash Passes to get onto Log Jammer. The station used clamps to keep the logs from departing. The ride op had figured out how to soak people using the clamps by pushing them back and forward soaking everyone before they even left the station.

How about bringing the bumper boats back...I believe MM used to have that attraction....shoot, the lake is already there....just throw the boast in....lol

Yes, because that's just what the park needs - another insanely low capacity ride in the middle of a crowded midway.

Look guys, you're forgetting something, the park has GROWN since 1971 when there was a NEED for rides like bumper boats and two log flumes. Back then, they only had one coaster, and a handful of other rides.

When you've got 17 coasters and several other water rides, including another log flume, and you have one 40 year old ride that is not only probably a BITCH to keep operating, but takes up a HUGE amount of real estate, a ride like Log Jammer is just simply not a ride that services the park in the same way it did in 1971.

Granted, my only complaint about it's removal is that it takes out one more "family" ride, but let's be honest here, the park doesn't attract families anyway, and they tried that, it failed, they might as well stick to giant-ass thrill machines for teens and up, and if that's the case, "Goodnight and thank you Log Jammer - You've completed your task, what more could we ask of you now? Please sign the book on your way out the door. That will be all, if we need you we'll call, but I don't think that's likely somehow..."

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

ROFL at this entire Log Jammer debacle. I just don't understand all the b*tching. Old rides get ripped out, new state of the art ones get put in. Plane and simple. Anyone who thinks any ride is going to last forever is a moron. I'm just LOL'ing at the recent history of rides getting torn out. NO ONE talks about them at ALL until they are announced to be on the chopping block and only THEN does everyone start to b*tch and moan for some reason this doesn't surprise me at all. How is there this much debate over a friggin' log flume leaving?!

Most of the rides utilizing the terrain are getting outdated anyway and losing their appeal and/or pull. Ninja, Goldrusher, Jetstream, Revolution, and Log Jammer, while all great and classic attractions, the time before each one of them is on the chopping block is ticking. Thinking from a maintenance, engineering, and business perspective replacing the old with the new is smart on every aspect.

Just wait until the day Revolution is removed... GAWD! I can't even fathom...

^I think some people are trying to provide a little story as to why they are disappointed with its removal, and in the course of their writing, it comes off as complaining (or in many cases, becomes actual complaining). I for one, will definitely miss the Log Jammer as it has been around my entire life and it provides some of my first memories of being scared sh*tless because there were no restraints. It also represents the only full size ride in that region of the park and really anchors the theme. I hope the new ride maintains the woodsy feel of that part of the park and acts as a new and exciting draw to the region.

I am also in the 'Jet Stream is worse than Log Jammer' fangroup, but I do understand that the removal of Log Jammer makes much more sense from a design standpoint. That being said, there IS already a flume, and it's called Jet Stream, and it technically is the newer of the two, so naturally it should stay.

I feel like every time a ride removal happens anywhere, there is this stupid over exaggerated reply from its fanboys that refuse to let the parks progress. While I know that many of us will miss Log Jammer, I wish we can just sit here and reflect on the memories it has provided, instead of talking about why it should stay. It would prevent a ton of the useless arguments that ultimately shut down constructive conversation in these threads where we can be reflecting on good memories; instead of everybody whining to the point of forcing Robb to shut everybody down.

I feel like every time a ride removal happens anywhere, there is this stupid over exaggerated reply from its fanboys that refuse to let the parks progress.

Imagine if the parks listened...we would have ended up with a stupid log flume at Cedar Point instead of Maverick.

^I hope Revolution stays, at least until I make make a trip to North Cali and ride it once. Although I'm a little concerned with all I've heard about the dreaded OTSRs.

Jammer looked to be a pretty solid flume. But I'm sure that they will put the space to good use. Maverick is a great example. I know that there are White Water Landing fans out there, but there comes a time when an old ride must step aside for the new.

Anyway, looking forward to the 2012 announcement.

Anyway, looking forward to the 2012 announcement.

^This (if it is announced in 2012, we don't know yet)

I bet as soon as we find out what's going in that spot, no one will care about the log flume any more. Since SFDK got the big coaster announcement this year, I have a feeling that next year SFMM will announce something huge. That, or CGA will surprise us all.

I feel like every time a ride removal happens anywhere, there is this stupid over exaggerated reply from its fanboys that refuse to let the parks progress. While I know that many of us will miss Log Jammer, I wish we can just sit here and reflect on the memories it has provided, instead of talking about why it should stay. It would prevent a ton of the useless arguments that ultimately shut down constructive conversation in these threads where we can be reflecting on good memories; instead of everybody whining to the point of forcing Robb to shut everybody down.

Thank you for saying that, I feel the same way! I've only ridden it a few times recently and 30 years ago when I was a kid, fun times I will always remember. But now its time to say goodbye to LJ and just let it go, and keep the good memories of it. Bickering and arguing about it will go nowhere....its gone...move on, the park is so everyone else should too. Its never coming back ever, so be excited for what will take its place, I am.

Hi, I'm a long time lurker here and what I see from the last few pages is that tons of people are getting worked up over a log flume from 40 years ago. Yes, I would be a little upset if my home park (SF Gadv) got rid of their original log flume but I would need to get over it because they most likely cost way too much for up keep and its popularity most likely plunged.

That being said people really need to stop b*itching about it, its a old ride that is a pain to run. After 40 years, the ride had a long run its time to retire it and build more state of the art rides ( aquatrax anybody?)

TheCoasterGuy The Coaster Guy

A new employee cafeteria will be built where Deja Vu was. The existing one, Oasis, to be used as the queue for Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom.

so according to this. there will NOT be a new coaster where Vu was

All I have to say about that is... please let it be Intamin, please let it be Intamin, please let it be Intamin, I'll chant that in my head until they announce it in 2012 lol

From the CoasterGuy Twitter "construction walls are up on the former Bonzai Terrace, I wonder if that's going to be the new employee cafeteria? That makes more sense. The infrastructure is already there for cooking stuff and it's centrally located, even if it is up on top of the hill." I would agree with that and imo Deja Vu area plus if you add in the Mr.Six spot is a lot of space to use just for a Cafeteria, that space could be used well for a new ride or two plus an update or retheme of Psyclone Bay.