TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Dude, I am not an engineer or landscape architect....shoot they could put it in the parking lot as far as I know...neither one of us are qualified to say where the coaster can or could not go...NEITHER ONE OF US....but I can pretty confidently say they could put it somewhere in the park...and dude, lighten up!

I love Speed! And I hope to make it to MM someday. It would be perfect if I could someday get my re-ride on Speed while getting all the other credits Magic Mountain has to offer. It's too bad... Speed was defiantly the best coaster on the strip.

Dude, I am not an engineer or landscape architect....shoot they could put it in the parking lot as far as I know...neither one of us are qualified to say where the coaster can or could not go...NEITHER ONE OF US....but I can pretty confidently say they could put it somewhere in the park...and dude, lighten up!

You're the one who needs to lighten up. SoCalCoasters was just trying to make a point which (which is true) and you just get all bent out of shape like a whiny little teenager because he said what he believes, and backed it up with a point. It's not that hard, just tell us where you think Speed would fit in the park. When you say "oh, it'll totally fit" then all the sudden saying "dude, I'm not engineer or anything" just makes you look like you don't know what you're talking about. Do I wish Speed came to SFMM? Yes. Is it going to happen? Almost certainly not. There's many other things SFMM might want to put in that are actually new and fresh. It's not like Magic Mountain's going to go the cheap way just becuase they suddenly put in a re-located coaster from New Orleans. They still have the money to at least put in a fresh ride that will actually fit.

OK OK, let all calm down and get your undies out of a bunch. There most likely never going to get speed the ride at SFMM, but if they did I am sure they can find a spot to make it fit somewhere in the park with out modifications. Its not that big of a ride.

As much as I like Speed, that ride had lots of problems when it operated here in Las Vegas. It was down a lot, and when it did operate a lot of times the ride ops had to wait 10 minutes between cycles for various reasons. I'm not sure SFMM needs another low capacity ride that would come with potential problems.

I'd rather see something new and exciting come to the park.

(10/28/11) Sad news today regarding the fate of the Log Jammer at SFMM. I’ve been told that a sign in a ‘break room’ at SFMM indicated that the Log Jammer only had a few days left to run. The basic gist of seems to be that the Log Jammer will be no more following Halloween.

http://screamscape.com/html/six_flags_magic_mountain.htm

I guess it's "official" now, even though everyone knew about it already. I'm really sad to see this one go too, although I am a little interested to see where the park will go with all of this open space now.

Don't know if this has been noticed and mentioned yet but I was cruising thru some old posts and came accross something pretty interesting. Check out Rob's comment on page 277 of this thread... is it possible this has been in the works for 4 years or is it just an amazing coincidence? And if not, Rob, can you give us some hints as to what we can expect in 2015?

Wow...

The Rob(B) the psychic Ghost

Was wondering what was in Goliath's spot prior to it being installed (I don't remember), so I did some searching.

Stumbled across this park map from '86 (http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/maps/1986/sfmm1986map.html) and found it fun to note how Shockwave was new for the season -- and then thought about how many rides have come and gone from that corner of the park!

I had forgotten about the zoo (that was neat), and was amazed that it was just trees where Goliath now stands! Also forgot about Mystic Lake and the lack of a waterpark, the sky ride, and the full course of the monorail being so (relatively) short!!!

And an arboretum!!?!?!?! No recollection of that!

I didn't want to believe the rumor of Log Jammer going away, but I am on the boat of believers now. I would be willing to bet that Monday, Halloween, is the last day to ride it.

Sad to see two good rides close in the same month!! Log Jammer is my favorite water ride at the park! Anyways going tomorrow to get a bunch of rides in on the Jammer.