TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Ah, Deja Vu. I knew you your whole life. As your parts were lifted into place, I was there watching. When your first public cycle was pulled up the tower, I was jealous that I was in the queue rather than on that train. I was on your 11th cycle, after counting each one from the queue. You provided some really cool photos of coaster elements interacting with various angles of the sun. I whacked my head pretty good on one of your cross beams trying to get to the seat on the other side of the train. We had some good times.

10 years ago, you took Psyclone's extended queue and used its space to breath life into a struggling corner of the park. Then when Psyclone bid farewell, you kept that area of the park active as much as you could while Psyclone's replacement was designed and installed. Now as Apocalypse takes the baton, we say thanks for the memories, and have fun at SFNE. With fond remembrance, we look forward to what's next for that familiar corner at the base of the magic mountain.

At this point (or very shortly), Deja Vu will have given its final rides in California. While I liked the ride, SFMM has so many better coasters that it has always seemed somewhat overshadowed. In my opinion, the ride was third or fourth best in the park when it opened (not that I rode it then, but based on the park's 2001 coaster line-up), but every single coaster that has opened since then (except RRE for obvious reasons) is a better ride, causing it to drop to somewhere in the middle of the line-up. Now, it is moving to SFNE, where it will be second or third again, and instead of destruction, the ride is simply being rebooted as a new experience in a new market.

Although we will soon be calling it Goliath, I will always know this ride as Deja Vu. It's sad to see it go, but it will just make the ride more special when I next get a chance to ride it.

Goodbye, Deja Vu.

I will admit that I'm a bit sad to see Deja Vu go. It was the first ride where I was invited to the media day, and the first ride that I had really covered from announcement to opening. I'm curious to see what becomes of that space now that Deja Vu is gone.

Farewell Deja Vu, I remember my first time riding you in 2006. I waited half an hour for u and then almost right before i got on you broke down for 10 minutes but once I rode u it was amazing how fast that first drop is. I've had alot of good memories because of u and a different coaster perspective. Thank u for the memories Deja Vu its been a good run and it been a pleasure having u be part of the SFMM family Hope u like it at SFNE.

R.I.P Deja Vu ( August 2001- October 2011 )

Capacity aside, there is nothing about mice rides that excite me in the least. And I find the 4 or 5 we have here in California to be crashing bores. If were going family ride as replacement for Deja (which I doubt), I think they can do better.

Just my thought.

Like a Mega-Lite?

I will admit that I'm a bit sad to see Deja Vu go. It was the first ride where I was invited to the media day, and the first ride that I had really covered from announcement to opening. I'm curious to see what becomes of that space now that Deja Vu is gone.

I too was at (pre) media day for Vu. I was there for X, but it was so delayed that I got the chance to ride VU early. This ride sent me to the hospital. It wasn't the ride's fault. They were still doing landscaping while I was riding, and on the slow descent into the station (I was in the last row), a bee got between the OTSR and my skull. I was stung and ended up going to Mayo hospital nearby. I've ridden it many times since with no incident. Adios Vu and the bees...

Capacity aside, there is nothing about mice rides that excite me in the least. And I find the 4 or 5 we have here in California to be crashing bores. If were going family ride as replacement for Deja (which I doubt), I think they can do better.

Just my thought.

Like a Mega-Lite?

Yeah, don't even tease me like that. I would die.

Got 3 rides on Deja Vu lastnight, the last being my favorite seat in the very back. There's nothing quite like dropping face first on that first spike from the very back seat, it's literally 2-3 seconds of pure freefall like you've jumped off a 20 story building before the train turns into the station and the seat catches and yanks you forward. 2nd spike may not be as good because you're not as high, but going backwards in the backseat through the loop and cobra roll really provide some crazy feelings. Such a great ride, one of the best in the park, and one of the better extreme coaster experiences I've ever had. Yeah, its just a GIB but for what it does and the sensations it creates, its awesome.

FYI the park was practically empty from 7pm on. My buddies and I went once the sun went down to get some night rides. No mazes for me or my group, they looked pretty pathetic, and we preferred to get on rides rather than wait in maze lines. The scare zones were okay on Samurai Summit and in DC Universe, but that's pretty much it. If you're gonna go to the park, go on a Sunday, those days have been nothing but fun and small crowds for me and my friends.

Got on the last public train last night for deja vu. 2nd row, was a lot of fun. For whatever reason hardly anyone was there for the final rides so instead of staying open until 11 they closed at 10:30, which changed our plans to ride in every row.

Got to the park at 7pm and rode GL, colossus, scream, apoc x 2, tatsu and x2 before finishing up at deja vu. It was a fun night

Ah, Deja Vu. I knew you your whole life. As your parts were lifted into place, I was there watching. When your first public cycle was pulled up the tower, I was jealous that I was in the queue rather than on that train. I was on your 11th cycle, after counting each one from the queue. You provided some really cool photos of coaster elements interacting with various angles of the sun. I whacked my head pretty good on one of your cross beams trying to get to the seat on the other side of the train. We had some good times.

10 years ago, you took Psyclone's extended queue and used its space to breath life into a struggling corner of the park. Then when Psyclone bid farewell, you kept that area of the park active as much as you could while Psyclone's replacement was designed and installed. Now as Apocalypse takes the baton, we say thanks for the memories, and have fun at SFNE. With fond remembrance, we look forward to what's next for that familiar corner at the base of the magic mountain.

HEAR HEAR!

...which changed our plans to ride in every row.

Every row?! No way could I do that.

I rode it 2 weeks ago about 5 times in a row and there was no way I could take it anymore than that! My stomach was actually upset after riding which was the first time that has happened to me in a LONG time. I left after my rides cause they kept honking that freakin' loud as hell horn over and over it was getting annoying.

Just my thought.

Like a Mega-Lite?

Don't we all wish....

Screamscape has announced that the rumor about the log jammers removal is highly true.

Seems kind of odd. When I've been at the park the lines are really long and it has a nice looking station. I haven't been on it in years because by the time it is warm enough for me to get wet, the line is to long. I wonder if Dan has anything to do with this?

Purely speculative, but the park has two flumes, and maybe Log Jammer costs more to maintain versus Jet Stream. It's been awhile since I've been on Log Jammer, but there's multiple lifts right? Purely from a cost cutting perspective (which seems to be the Six Flags way) it would make sense to remove a redundant attraction.

Is Log Jammer the one towards the front of the park, between the Goliath area and the entrance? If so, I'd be sad to see take them out - my mom and I passed it up last summer because one of the attendants was spraying people with a hose directly out of the station, and that's just an unacceptable amount of wetness. I knew something bad would happen because I didn't ride both log flumes!