TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^You will be fine at Magic Mountain, in fact I will be going on the 2nd as well! Last week on Sunday the longest waits were Green Lantern and X which were probably 1 hour. I got to the park at 3pm and got on Superman, Terminator, Riddlers, Batman, X2 and Tatsu before the park closed at 6.

Terminator was running 2 trains (can you believe it?) and was walk on, Superman was 15 minutes and running both sides (make sure to sit in the 4-across front seat the line goes faster) and Tatsu was 15 minutes. The other rides were less than 15 minutes or walk on. I would suggest getting on X when the park opens, then heading over to Green Lantern after as the X line winded almost all the way to the entrance (no switchbacks) and the Green Lantern line was just in front of the rides station facade. Both lines move slow.

Use that Discover Card and you will not have to wait in X, but may have to suck it up for about an Hour+ for Green Lantern (which is not worth the wait in my opinion but I know you want the credit).

The Knott's event will be decent or better, it always is, and Weird Al is awesome. Lucky kid you got there!

They are open that day because most of the LAUSD schools have the day off. I wouldn't expect it to be that busy, but who knows crazy things happen. I'm going to go but even if there are crowds, just stay smart and beat them.

Bringing up an old topic, What do you think will replace Log Jammer within the next couple of year? new water coaster or maybe the Dive Machine or maybe a copy of th13teen with the drop and backwards track?

I went to Out of the Mountain yesterday, and operation-wise, it was amazing.

Two trains on Tatsu/X2, with dispatches happening right as the trains came back. Apocalypse had the preshow doors all open, and with two trains, had a 2-3 train wait. Green Lantern's line looked pretty ridiculous, but I went there first, and walked on.

The only negative I could say was single-train Batman, but even then, right at 12am it took around 20min for the back row for a line around the outside of the sewer area.

^So, was there still stacking on X2 and Tatsu? When you say, "right as the trains came back", does that still indicate stacking? If, so, that i not too big an improvement for X2. On Tatsu, though, three minutes is a quick dispatch. In all my rides on Tatsu, not counting the ones where there was 1 train running, I have only seen the crew not stack trains once. It was truly an amazing sight. I couldn't believe my eyes. The last time this happened, the dinosaurs went extinct. i can't wait another 75,000,000 years for Tatsu to not stack trains again!

I went to Out On The Mountain as well. It was my first time being at the park since WCB 10'. Park looked pretty much same as before. We did X2 first thing to hopefully avoid lines and was on the next train once arriving to the station. Didn't look at which train I was on but I can confirm that SOME audio is still working. I was in the last row left side if you are looking out the station. During lift and while sitting on transfer waiting to advance to wait I did notice that the audio was working up front in the train. It was very faint so I would imagine it was only the first couple rows.

Operations were decent. X2 stacking but only like a 5-10 second wait. Tatsu was like a 1-2 minute wait on Transfer. Ninja and Superman were walk ons. Got my last ride on Deja. Which I will miss greatly. Apocalypse had preshows on but you didn't have to watch. Two train wait.

Then the lightning came. Rides were down for like 20 minutes which wasn't bad at all. Everyone ran to Green Lantern and the wait was like 15. Everything else had a short wait. Especially Road Runner Express. Which in my opinion isn't that bad for a kids ride. Was going to go for another run on X2 but line was about an hour and 45 so decided to hit up Viper instead.

Anyone else notice all the speakers they added to lift and brake sections? Pretty interesting.

I was just wondering if anyone who went in the past week saw any Fright Fest construction? I'm just curious on where the new 3 mazes are going...

Cursed - _________________?

Chupacabra - ________________?

The Aftermath - _______________________?

Jokester's Hideout - Next to the old Flashback site

Willoughby's Haunted Mansion - The classic in the old Magic Pagoda room

Lector's Slaughterhouse - The Games warehouse next to Green Lantern

Warehouse 13 - Log Jammer Queue

Bite II - In the old Eagle's Flight station on the hill

I was just wondering if anyone who went in the past week saw any Fright Fest construction? I'm just curious on where the new 3 mazes are going...

Cursed - _________________?

Chupacabra - ________________?

The Aftermath - _______________________?

I have no clue where Cursed will be. However, I have heard that there were some plywood walls spotted near Panda/X2 Bridge, so maybe this will be the home of Chupacabra. I personally think The Aftermath will use Tidal Wave's queue.

^If it's anything like my trip this past Sunday your longest wait will be X2 at 45min. My recommendation is always hit the back of park 1st. My first stop is always Goliath where you can get 2 or 3 rides in without even getting out of your seat. From there I'll hit up Scream, Colossus, Batman, Green Lantern, Riddler's and so on. I usually save X2 for last.

Edited by DJeXeL

^^I would use the X2 plan, because the GP still manages to fill up that whole line every morning. Given that you get to the park early and make it to X2 before the mob, hit X2 then Tatsu, back down to Deja Vu and Apocalypse. Head up the backside to the hill to Superman/Ninja and you'll have eliminated the worst lines of the day.

The only two rides you might have to wait for are Green Lantern (probably your only significant wait of the day at 30-60 minutes) and maybe 20 minutes for Goliath. Hit the walk ons later (Gold Rusher, Viper, and Revolution) after you've finished your main loop around the park.

Pretty much everything is walk on if you execute this plan fast and smart enough, except GL and Goliath with the mentioned wait times.

[Edit]: By the way, if you don't make it to the park and X2 early enough, you're hosed. Either take the Revolution exit shortcut to Tatsu and continue with the plan that way, or go with what DJeXeL said.

So crazy thoughts are running through my head after the release of the 2012 trips. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to make it on any of the trips this year but I'm planning a few on my own. I'd like to get back to SFMM before the end of the year and was curious what the park's been like Thanksgiving week in previous years. I noticed they're open Wednesday 11/23 to Sunday 11/27 this year. Seeing as I have a four day weekend I thought it would work out quite nicely. Anybody have thoughts on crowds?

^ 2 out of the past 3 years I've spent Thanksgiving day at SFMM and both times where completely different crowd levels. 3 years ago the park was deserted, last year the park was mobbed like it was summer. I'd say hope for the best and plan for the worst if you plan on going for actual turkey day.

^ 2 out of the past 3 years I've spent Thanksgiving day at SFMM and both times where completely different crowd levels. 3 years ago the park was deserted, last year the park was mobbed like it was summer. I'd say hope for the best and plan for the worst if you plan on going for actual turkey day.

Awesome! Thanks Shawn!

Say I wanted to add a day at Knotts, does anybody know a good cheap hotel between the two parks? I'm thinking I may do this now and it will most likely be Turkey day at SFMM, friday at Knotts and Saturday back and SFMM.

Say I wanted to add a day at Knotts, does anybody know a good cheap hotel between the two parks? I'm thinking I may do this now and it will most likely be Turkey day at SFMM, friday at Knotts and Saturday back and SFMM.

You might want to do SFMM two days in a row, the Thursday/Friday, and Knott's on Saturday. Any Saturday at SFMM is a joke.

Of course, this is coming from the idiot who is planning a Saturday Fright Fest visit this year.

The Good Nite Inn, near Knotts Berry Farm is always dirt cheap. In between you are looking at some real sketchy places, or expensive hotels in Downtown.

Noted! Thanks

You might want to do SFMM two days in a row, the Thursday/Friday, and Knott's on Saturday. Any Saturday at SFMM is a joke.

Of course, this is coming from the idiot who is planning a Saturday Fright Fest visit this year.

I was just thinking out loud yesterday, this makes more sense. That way I can stay by Knotts Saturday then drive home Sunday.