TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

You guys seem to be arguing points nobody made.

How ironic you would complain about someone arguing seeing how you are one of the most argumentative people on this board.

We welcome open discussions and for people to offer their opinion on this board but it seems you have a problem doing this without getting upset and offensive. If it seems like people are always attacking your opinion, maybe it's in the way you always present it!

Your posts are becoming borderline flames and you really need to consider calming down before you post. Remember, this is a board about theme parks and theme parks are fun. So, there is no reason why we can't have discussions on here that don't become flame wars.

-Eric (TPR Moderator)

P.S. And everyone else...Let's please move on to discussing the specific situation (or other things at the park) and not dwell on what BlueFireCoaster's posts.

Edited by ernierocker

In one of the articles Sue Carpenter mentioned it was against the law to leave an animal locked in a car. So does this mean the idiot lady can be charged?

The park is not responsible for the neglected animals left locked in cars and this got away while in their care. You know what? SO WHAT! At least the dog is still alive and if they did nothing it would be dead...is that better? If the dog was not locked in the car in the first place none of this would have happened so really ALL of this is the idiot lady's fault. I just don't get how she could be so stupid to think it would be ok to lock the dog in there. I can't wait to see if PETA is going to jump in on this.

I'll bet this lady lives in Beverly Hills, drives a bunch of fancy cars, doesn't work because she lives off of the money her husband makes, and obviously that is not her real hair color!

Yep, typical total faker southern Californian loser lady. What was she doing at the park anyway? Was she meeting somebody or just going alone, something is missing here.

In one of the articles Sue Carpenter mentioned it was against the law to leave an animal locked in a car. So does this mean the idiot lady can be charged?

The park is not responsible for the neglected animals left locked in cars and this got away while in their care. You know what? SO WHAT! At least the dog is still alive and if they did nothing it would be dead...is that better? If the dog was not locked in the car in the first place none of this would have happened so really ALL of this is the idiot lady's fault. I just don't get how she could be so stupid to think it would be ok to lock the dog in there. I can't wait to see if PETA is going to jump in on this.

In California, Animal Control officers can now (as of 2007) break into locked cars with an animal in them. The owners face $500 in fines and 6 months in jail. This is Senate Bill 1806

I didn't know SFMM had a kennel and it was free of charge.

No way?! You mean to tell me you DIDN'T see the big obvious kennel in the parking lot that apparently everyone else in the world is aware of?! You mean you DIDN'T go to the Six Flags site and see the information that takes 2 clicks to get to at the bottom of the page? How could you be so dumb??!?! /sarcasm

In all fairness to Six Flags though, I don't have a pet dog, but if I did I would be on the lookout for kennels at various places and probably would have spotted it (though I wouldn't bring a dog to a theme park).

To be honest, the kennel isn't in as blatant of a spot as everyone's portraying it to be. It's off to the very side of the parking lot away from where everyone drives in. If someone did a little research online or asked guest services, I'm sure the person could figure out that they do have a kennel, but it's in now way obvious that the park has a kennel. The kennel also looks like a redneck bar simply named "The Dog Pound," so there's that, too.

No way?! You mean to tell me you DIDN'T see the big obvious kennel in the parking lot that apparently everyone else in the world is aware of?! You mean you DIDN'T go to the Six Flags site and see the information that takes 2 clicks to get to at the bottom of the page? How could you be so dumb??!?! /sarcasm

You don't have to be so harsh on someone for not noticing something...

The dog has been reunited with the 'owner.'

Most of that story is the same as the previous one, except for a couple of gems. 1, they fixed the spelling of LOSE. 2, she refers to the dog as her daughter in the last sentence.

STORY: http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/09/12/woman-upset-with-six-flags-security-for-rescuing-dog-from-hot-car-and-then-losing-it/

UPDATE 9/13 11:45 p.m.: The dog’s owner has notified CBS2 via Twitter that her dog was returned Tuesday after the people who found Malibu saw our TV report.

VALENCIA (CBS) — A woman is upset with a Southern California amusement park for taking her support dog from her car and then losing her.

Shelanon Brooks says her dog, “Malibu,” was prescribed by her doctor for emotional support, but now the distraught young woman is placing “Lost Dog” ads up in hopes that someone might find Malibu after the dog apparently was lost by Six Flags officials.

A Six Flags Magic Mountain spokesperson insists they were rescuing Brook’s pet from a sweltering car. They placed the 1-year-old Pomeranian in the park’s dog kennel, where it escaped while an employee was filling the pooch’s water bowl.

(credit: CBS)

“I really love my dog and I wouldn’t let anything happen to her,” Brooks sobbed. “I thought she was OK, I thought she was OK. And I keep thinking what I could have did different.”

Brooks was going to take Malibu into the park with her, but the bag she used to carry the dog had just ripped. She said she decided to leave him in the car with the windows rolled down, a dish with food, and a tupperware filled with water.

Security discovered the dog inside the car and that it was visibly “distressed.”

The temperature that day was in the 80s.

“Our security personnel and the sheriff saw the dog, which they thought was dead,” according to Six Flags spokesperson Sue Carpenter.

“[They] broke into the car to get the dog out. We brought it over here to the dog kennel, revived it, gave it some water and cooled it down,” Carpenter said.

The kennel door was left open while the dog’s water was being replenished and Malibu ran out the front door and into the parking lot.

(credit: CBS)

Six Flags officials say it’s standard policy to rescue dogs from cars. They say they aren’t responsible for the pet while it’s in their care.

“We do in-park announcements and we leave messages on your windshield to let you know where your animal is, and that no animal should be left in the car — that’s the law,” Carpenter said.

Brooks said she’s upset and doesn’t believe she was putting Malibu in danger. She just wants her beloved pet back.

“I don’t know how I’m going to go back without my daughter,” Brooks said. “I don’t know how I’m going to live in my house without her — I just don’t.”

Doesn't believe she was putting the animal in danger? Ok, so the next time she does this, and she will, and the dog dies then what? So now that she has admitted to animal cruelty when will she be fined/charged? This is just so outrageous because she is just so oblivious to the danger she put her dog in! Come on PETA, do something!

“I don’t know how I’m going to go back without my daughter,” Brooks said. “I don’t know how I’m going to live in my house without her — I just don’t.”

Again...but you knew how you could spend an entire day in the park without her, while she was roasting to death in your hot car in the parking lot?

You don't have to be so harsh on someone for not noticing something...

He was being sarcastic. Its a moot point now anyway as this lady has been reunited with her dog.

Just looked over the SFMM Fright Fest site, and I think it's awesome that they're doing the Foggy Nights thing on Batman! It was awesome before, I can't imagine now!

I've never made a trip to SFMM just for Fright Fest, but I think this year I'll have to give it a try, just for Batman and the coasters in the dark.

^I hope little Malibu bites the hell out of one of her fingers...

Hey guys, we've been going through all these ideas for saving things... Saving the Giant Dipper, Saving the Disney Animatronics... why not a cause to save Malibu?

I work at the Looney Tunes superstore and I've heard multiple rumors that a intamin giga coaster is gonna take deja vu's place in 2013. I really hope it's true and judging by who I've heard it from, it's very possible...

Did you hear that from the Dippin' Dots guy?

It'd be awesome for SFMM to get a giga, but it wouldn't surprise me - they have a lot of room.

Knott's on the other hand.. that would surprise me.