TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

We are heading straight towards "idiocracy"...I honestly believe that our future will be along the lines of that movie if people don't smarten up. I've always said, "an idividual can be smart but as a whole we are one dumb group"

It has happened before. About a thousand years of idiocracy in Europe followed the fall of the Roman Empire.

Déjà Vu fans, we have created some exclusive after hours ride time for you to ride it again before October 16. Every Sunday, 9/18 through 10/16, any SFMM Facebook fan that stops by Guest Relations, paid admission required, can pick-up an after hours ride time voucher for Déjà Vu for that night (while supplies last).

Is the last day October 16?

Now with the fact that this information is very easy to find on the website, this makes your statement even more ridiculous.

No, it doesn't. Why is it ridiculous for the park to let guests know when entering the park that a kennel is available for them just near the parking lot? It isn't. And it would save the park from having to break into car windows, and having to deal with the problems they have with guests leaving pets in the car.

Apparently, this is a frequent occurence. OBVIOUSLY, the park is not doing enough to make the guests know the service is available.

I just thought your comment "Typical Six Flags..." was obsurd over this kennel conversation.

What would you like them to do? Have signs going up the hill that says "Hey, you idiots that bring a dog to a theme park, be aware we have a kennel instead of leaving your dog in the car to die"??? Also, like I said, the kennel is VERY HARD to miss since everyone has to pass it to park. Lastly, since you said it's Typical Six Flags, what is the practice at Disney in regardsd to the kennel? I bet it's exactly the same.

I think the park should be applauded for saving the dog especially when they didn't have to!

^The policy for Disney is EXACTLY the same.... Would you leave your dog in a car for an ENTIRE DAY anywhere else? No. In fact, why the issue of animal cruelty isn't more prevelant is beyond me. Also who's to say she wasn't already informed to use the kennel? Anybody who has any experience dealing with the public knows that people don't always (very seldomly) follow instructions. As stated before, what could te park have done differently? I'm as quick to bash Six Flags as anyone when they screw up, but this is something that they should have done. I think the park was 100% right.

Now with the fact that this information is very easy to find on the website, this makes your statement even more ridiculous.

No, it doesn't. Why is it ridiculous for the park to let guests know when entering the park that a kennel is available for them just near the parking lot? It isn't. And it would save the park from having to break into car windows, and having to deal with the problems they have with guests leaving pets in the car.

Apparently, this is a frequent occurence. OBVIOUSLY, the park is not doing enough to make the guests know the service is available.

I just thought your comment "Typical Six Flags..." was obsurd over this kennel conversation.

What would you like them to do? Have signs going up the hill that says "Hey, you idiots that bring a dog to a theme park, be aware we have a kennel instead of leaving your dog in the car to die"??? Also, like I said, the kennel is VERY HARD to miss since everyone has to pass it to park. Lastly, since you said it's Typical Six Flags, what is the practice at Disney in regardsd to the kennel? I bet it's exactly the same.

I think the park should be applauded for saving the dog especially when they didn't have to!

Also I see nowhere where it says anything about them breaking windows to gain entry. How do you know they simply are not unlocking doors, removing the animal, then locking it again? And a dog that small would be very easy to hide in the car. What are they supposed to do, search every single car? You know none of this would have happened if that stupid lady did not bring her damn dog to the park in the first place. I can just see animal rights groups totally going after this lady for the cruelty she put the animal through.

Hey guys,

A few questions. I will be visiting the park this Saturday. Is it worth getting a Gold Flash Pass? Is X2's audio working? And other than the after hours on Sunday previously posted, is Deja Vu still operating for normal hours?

I might try and attempt to go to the after hours event for Deja on Suday, the 18th, as that is my birthday. But I have a season pass for SFDK, not SFMM. Does that still work?

Thanks.

Déjà Vu fans, we have created some exclusive after hours ride time for you to ride it again before October 16. Every Sunday, 9/18 through 10/16, any SFMM Facebook fan that stops by Guest Relations, paid admission required, can pick-up an after hours ride time voucher for Déjà Vu for that night (while supplies last).

Is the last day October 16?

I'm gonna LOL SOOOO HARD WHEN IT BREAKS DOWN FOR NIGHT RIDES! LMAO!

I'm wondering why it is so hard for the park to make it more obvious to guests that there is a kennel on premises so they don't have to continue rescuing dogs by breaking into guests car windows?

New name for the park:

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Dog Kennel

(and theme park)

Brooks said she's upset and doesn't believe she was putting "Malibu" in danger

Oh no, nothing wrong with broiling your dog you idiot!!!

Animal advocates regularly warn owners about the dangers of leaving animals in vehicles during warm months.

Even when we have temperatures in the 70s, the inside of a car left in the sun can reach a fatal 130 degrees in a matter of minutes,” Seattle Animal Shelter Director Don Jordan said in a statement provided to the Seattle Post Intelligencer.

Temperatures in excess of 106 degrees will increase the likelihood that animals might suffer heatstroke, seizures or death, according to FOX Houston.

Cracking open windows barely makes a difference in temperature, the Chattanooga Times Free Press reports.

I like this one:

Shelanon Brooks, distraught dog owner and resident of California, left her precious Pomeranian Malibu in her car while enjoying a day at Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia, CA. Park attendants rescued the dog from Ms. Brooks’ car and initially believed it was dead. The dog was taken to the park kennel to be held and given water. What will be immediately apparent to the viewers of this video is that this woman is a class one idiot. Shelanon Brooks’ Louis Vuitton dog carrier broke so Ms. Brooks thought the better idea would be to just leave the dog in the car in 80 plus degrees fahrenheit weather rather than have it suffer in a broken Louis Vuitton bag. There’s a statistic about those bags I find quite interesting: for every 100 Louis Vuitton bags encountered in the wild, of any type, close to ninety percent are fake but I digress. Malibu freaked out upon being left in a sauna for the duration of Ms. Brooks’ jaunt at Six Flags Magic Mountain and was rescued, per Six Flags’ park policy, from the death box that was Ms. Brooks’ car by Six Flags staff. Well the story gets better. Normally, just your run of the mill idiot story wouldn’t get so much attention but oh it gets more idiotic. Like any sane human or creature, upon being revived Malibu bolted through an open door and took off for freedom in the wide, black parking lot of Six Flags…and has not been seen since. Ms. Brooks is understandably distraught that her doctor prescribed dog ran away, but I guess the alternative would have been its corpse waiting for her in her car so I fail to see her side. At all. Further, what doctor prescribed a living animal as an emotional support for a woman who doesn’t appear to have two brain cells to rub together to generate heat? What doctor prescribes a living thing as an emotional support at all? That doctor needs to be punched in the face. I’m sure PETA is having a field day with the ‘prescription’ of an animal for emotional distress. Not judging whatever trauma Ms. Brooks may have suffered because who knows, but as far as her being upset about her dog? She’s sad for her, and no one else. The alternative was the dog dead but the reality is now Ms. Brooks can’t ‘imagine’ going home and the dog not being there. I’m sure the dog can and has imagined that, only to have its little prayers come true today.

And this is what the idiot looks like:

Isn't there a law that prohibits leaving animals locked in a hot car?

And this is the best part...

Six Flags Rescues and Loses Dog

Shalanon Brooks is upset with Six Flags management and denies the allegations that she placed her dog in any danger.

“I don’t know how I’ll go back home without her, I don’t know how I’ll live in my house without her,” said a near hysterical Brooks.

Despite Brooks’ claim that she feels her dog was never put in any danger, animal advocates have come out in support of the decision made by Six Flags to rescue and revive Malibu.

“It is extremely irresponsible of any dog owner to leave their dog in a parked vehicle in the heat or for any extended period of time” said animal advocate Opie Ramsaur Beswick.

“It was an act, unintentional or not, of cruelty,” added Beswik. “It is not new information to anyone not to leave a dog in a vehicle in warm weather. Imagine if this had been a child? A life is a life and could have easily ended that day due to one careless act.”

Other animal rights advocates have gone a step further to suggest that Shalanon Brooks should face charges for animal cruelty because of her decision to leave Malibu in a hot car.

“I think the owner should face charges of animal cruelty for leaving her dog in her car,” explained animal advocate Anna Marie DeHaven.

“When she determined that she could not bring the dog in the park with her,” continued DeHaven “she should have driven the dog home. A dog’s well-being is not worth a day of fun in a theme park, and clearly, she didn’t need to have the dog with her.”

“Furthermore,” added DeHaven “if the dog is found, I think some serious thought needs to be put into the decision whether or not to return the dog to this woman.”

Although there are many conflicting ideas on who is responsible and what should or should not have been done, everyone involved is focused on making sure that Malibu is found in good health and is given the proper care she needs afterwards.

Didn't find anything about this on the PETA site but I'm sure it won't be long.

“I don’t know how I’ll go back home without her, I don’t know how I’ll live in my house without her,” said a near hysterical Brooks.

But you could have gone home without her the instant you found the bag was broken! You could have got back in the driver's seat, turned the car on, and took your dog back home where she would be safe. But no! You put yourself over your dog by leaving your dog in the hot car while you went to have fun without her! Apparently you weren't very hysterical at the prospect of spending a day in the park without her. Clearly your having fun meant more to you than your dog's future safety.

Don't blame everyone else because you were an idiot about something that was allegedly important to you, especially not people who were simply trying to save your dog's life.

Edited by PeoplemoverMatt

I was at Cedar Point when my dog died of cancer back at home...why don't I have MY own news cast!?

People are stupid, and the media sucks. A lost dog!!?? How is that worthy of its own news story!? A news cast on why the color purple makes you happy makes more sense.

Hate to change the subject very quickly, but I "came" across these pictures.

"Mysterious" plywood walls spotted near Panda Express/X2 bridge in the Baja Ridge area of the park.

"Warehouse 13" construction is underway.

I'm wondering why it is so hard for the park to make it more obvious to guests that there is a kennel on premises so they don't have to continue rescuing dogs by breaking into guests car windows? A sign at the parking entrance "Kennel available for your animals at no charge!" or a notice on the park map would make it obvious, and the problem would be gone, and they could stop breaking into guests car windows to save animals.

That's all I'm saying.

I wish the Pomeranian would bite off the finger you seem to love to point at everyone and everything that ever happens.

Maybe TPR needs a kennel? That's all I'm saying.

I'm wondering why it is so hard for the park to make it more obvious to guests that there is a kennel on premises so they don't have to continue rescuing dogs by breaking into guests car windows? A sign at the parking entrance "Kennel available for your animals at no charge!" or a notice on the park map would make it obvious, and the problem would be gone, and they could stop breaking into guests car windows to save animals.

That's all I'm saying.

I wish the Pomeranian would bite off the finger you seem to love to point at everyone and everything that ever happens.

I'm with Beemer

Anyway it shouldn't even be in the thought process for somebody who lives in the area to bring their pet to an amusement park. I can understand if you're travelling across country and want to stop for a day of fun etc, but the park shouldn't have to assume that every guest is going to bring an animal that needs put in the kennel. If you're planning on bringing a pet you need to do the research beforehand, not have the information handed to you as you're walking through the gate.

Wow! I miss the SFMM thread for a few days and all this happens.

I didn't know SFMM had a kennel and it was free of charge. They could totally get away with charging for it like they do for many other things, but no, they provide it as a convenience. I don't know who would bring a dog to a theme park knowing they can't take it into the park (does any park allow you to bring a dog on a leash?) unless they are traveling with a dog and are far from home and are taking advantage of SFMM's free kennel. This woman looked like an emotional wreck, she should have gone to SFMM with another human companion, perhaps a family member, who could have told her "Hell no! Bitch you gotta put that dog in the kennel." At least she gave her dog Smart Water.

The Sunday night ERT of DejaVu for SFMM's Facebook Fans sounds cool. If I did plan a day trip to SFMM in October (I'm thinking about it) I would do it on a Sunday. Even if DejaVu gets super crowded with Facebook fans (who knows?) at least that's one extra ride after park hours. This sounds like a proper send off for DejaVu.

That's all I'm saying.

Or, maybe the park should not be put into a position that they have to rescue animals because people are so damn stupid. They should not have to make anything obvious to guests about a kennel...IT'S A THEMEPARK-ANIMALS DONT BELONG THERE WITH YOU! So instead of blaming the park for this and that maybe you should be on their side for saving the animal and you should be angry that idiot lady left the dog in the car in the first place.

I like how a person who posted a picture of the woman. She's holding a bottle of Smart water, I don't think it's really doing the job.

On other news. Still completely unsure whats going to happen with me and my VIP tickets. I don't really want to wait till next season and I would like to go to fright fest. But coordinating with both my dad (who won't even go on anything) and my friend seems to be a freaking impossibility. Plus even then I still got a extra VIP ticket and so far SF hasn't confirmed if I could split them up.

Once again, making accusations of something I didn't say. Did I blame the park for getting the dog out of the car? Not once. All I said is it would be helpful if they made it more obvious to guests that they have a *free* kennel to put pets if they happen to have some with them!

I didn't know SFMM had a kennel and it was free of charge.

No way?! You mean to tell me you DIDN'T see the big obvious kennel in the parking lot that apparently everyone else in the world is aware of?! You mean you DIDN'T go to the Six Flags site and see the information that takes 2 clicks to get to at the bottom of the page? How could you be so dumb??!?! /sarcasm

So instead of blaming the park for this and that maybe you should be on their side for saving the animal and you should be angry that idiot lady left the dog in the car in the first place.

So it's not the parks fault they lost the dog?

Who ever said leaving the dog in the car was not the ladys fault?

You guys seem to be arguing points nobody made.