TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Well I hope PETA sues this dumbshat LA stereotype Shelaninaninanaia for animal cruelty. Six Flags saved the dog's life so they should not be liable. I bet one of the kennel workers took the dog home so it wouldn't have to be subjected to this owner's asshattery anymore.

If the handbag wasn't broken and the woman tried taking the dog into the park, I'm 100% sure she would try to get on the news because Six Flags didn't let her dog come in, since she needs it so much for "emotional support" (I swear, her therapist and local pet store must have something worked out.).

Now I'm not relinquishing the idiot lady from responsibility for this entire incident, but I don't understand why the Parking Attendants taking your $20 couldn't say "Hey lady, I see you've got a dog. Well so you know, we have a kennel so your dog doesn't die in the unbearable 100 degree weather all day while it's in your car. Then we don't have to break your window and leave your car unsafely open for the rest of the day." But NOOOOOOOOO...

...they're much too oblivious to remotely know anything that's going on around them, and it would be asking WAY too much to do this for people paying $20 to park in the lot. It would also be different if this was some kind of "unique" experience, but apparently this is the parks policy and they do it all the time.

Has anyone here ever heard of this Kennel service the park provides before? How are people supposed to use the service if they never heard of it!?! Leave it to Six Flags...

Now I'm not relinquishing the idiot lady from responsibility for this entire incident, but I don't understand why the Parking Attendants taking your $20 couldn't say "Hey lady, I see you've got a dog. Well so you know, we have a kennel so your dog doesn't die in the unbearable 100 degree weather all day while it's in your car. Then we don't have to break your window and leave your car unsafely open for the rest of the day." But NOOOOOOOOO...

...they're much too oblivious to remotely know anything that's going on around them, and it would be asking WAY too much to do this for people paying $20 to park in the lot. It would also be different if this was some kind of "unique" experience, but apparently this is the parks policy and they do it all the time.

Has anyone here ever heard of this Kennel service the park provides before? How are people supposed to use the service if they never heard of it!?! Leave it to Six Flags...

I think this is a unfair statement. First off, odds are the woman was hiding the dog when driving through the parking gate anyways since you shouldn't bring a dog to a theme park. Second off, how can you expect parking attendants to examine every car for dogs as they drive through? It's not their responsibility to make up for people's lack of common sense. Lastly, you drive right past the kennel to go park. It's literally 15 feet away from the main road and has "Dog Kennel" in big white letters on the side, they can't make it anymore obviouse it's there. Also, I think it's noted in the map as well. Six Flags doesn't have to provide that service! But they do...and they do it for free.

^^Found easily in two clicks on the website: (scroll down to the bottom)

http://www.sixflags.com/magicMountain/info/parkservices.aspx

I've been to several parks before that have pet kennels. This is not uncommon at all.

...but I don't understand why the Parking Attendants taking your $20 couldn't say "Hey lady, I see you've got a dog. Well so you know, we have a kennel so your dog doesn't die in the unbearable 100 degree weather all day while it's in your car. Then we don't have to break your window and leave your car unsafely open for the rest of the day." But NOOOOOOOOO...

Now with the fact that this information is very easy to find on the website, this makes your statement even more ridiculous.

Edited by ernierocker

I think this is a unfair statement. First off, odds are the woman was hiding the dog when driving through the parking gate anyways since you shouldn't bring a dog to a theme park. Second off, how can you expect parking attendants to examine every car for dogs as they drive through? It's not their responsibility to make up for people's lack of common sense. Lastly, you drive right past the kennel to go park. It's literally 15 feet away from the main road and has "Dog Kennel" in big white letters on the side, they can't make it anymore obviouse it's there. Also, I think it's noted in the map as well. Six Flags doesn't have to provide that service! But they do...and they do it for free.

First of all, I said "I'm not relinquishing the idiot lady from responsibility for this entire incident." It's her problem, nobody elses. So you're taking what I said, making assumptions and running with it. You don't know the woman was hiding the dog and I never said they were supposed to examine every car for dogs as they drive through.

However, apparently they do believe it is their responsibility to save dogs and make up for peoples lack of common sense because they go so far as to break through windows to get to the dog if they find this is going on. If they didn't feel it was their responsibility and they're not going to be held liable, they shouldn't be doing it! "We felt it was our responsibility to break into your window to save your dog, but it was not our responsibility to make sure the dog stayed in the kennel safely."

It is NOT noted in the park map, and you're right they don't have to provide the service, but if they are, maybe they could do better at letting guests know its available so they don't have to go busting into peoples cars all the time they find an animal in the heat.

^^Found easily in two clicks on the website: (scroll down to the bottom)

http://www.sixflags.com/magicMountain/info/parkservices.aspx

I've been to several parks before that have pet kennels. This is not uncommon at all.

I didn't say I wasn't AWARE of this service, I didn't say it was uncommon, and I know it exists because I've been going to the park for 20 years. I was saying I could understand how people would not know this service is available because they didn't check every page of the website like you did to hopefully come across that blurb at the bottom of the page, and due to the lack of communication between the workers and guests.

You are all THEME PARK ENTHUSIASTS not just some GP Joe Schmo who decided to come to the park for the first time in 5 years, of course you know everything that is on the website or at the park. But for the normal guest showing up to the park, it does NOT say anywhere when entering the park that there is a kennel on the premises. I'm just saying breaking into cars as a habit for lack of letting guests know the service is available is a bit ridiculous.

Now with the fact that this information is very easy to find on the website, this makes your statement even more ridiculous.

No, it doesn't. Why is it ridiculous for the park to let guests know when entering the park that a kennel is available for them just near the parking lot? It isn't. And it would save the park from having to break into car windows, and having to deal with the problems they have with guests leaving pets in the car.

Apparently, this is a frequent occurence. OBVIOUSLY, the park is not doing enough to make the guests know the service is available.

Edited by BlueFireCoaster

Parking attendants are not security guards or 'well being guardians.' They are toll collectors that make minimum wage; cut them some slack, bud. As Magic Alumni said, the dog was likely stuffed in the Louis Vuitton bag, out of site of the attendant; and, the booth is well above the height of most vehicles so all they can really see is the driver side of the car.

How is the parking attendant supposed to assume that even IF this moron had her dog, that she wasn't taking it to the kennel? I've seen the Kennel at SFMM hundreds of times, every car going into SFMM drives right past it. And if I'm not mistaken, there is a sign there as well.

This is 100% this woman's fault. Period.

^Dude, I never said it wasn't.

I'm wondering why it is so hard for the park to make it more obvious to guests that there is a kennel on premises so they don't have to continue rescuing dogs by breaking into guests car windows? A sign at the parking entrance "Kennel available for your animals at no charge!" or a notice on the park map would make it obvious, and the problem would be gone, and they could stop breaking into guests car windows to save animals.

That's all I'm saying.

A sign at the parking entrance "Kennel available for your animals at no charge!" or a notice on the park map would make it obvious, and the problem would be gone, and they could stop breaking into guests car windows to save animals.

Are you crazy? What happend to common sense or being responsible towards another living creature?

In this particular case the parking attendant could have slapped a sticker to the girls head saying "PUT YOUR DOG IN OUR FREE KENEL" and that idiot would have still left the dog in the car.

Needless to say that when entering the parkinglot you WILL PASS THE KENEL which has HUGE LETTERS SAYING DOG KENEL, ugh. Sorry for the rant, but this is just....

Wait what? Where do you keep a dog at an amusement park during a ride? Put it on the side of a ride? Stick it in a locker? Cubbies? "Yes this is my dog, don't kill it, please put it in a cubby while I'm on the ride thanks!"

Edited by Schotcher

Maybe they should put signs at the parking booths. "DO NOT leave animals in the car."

Serves 2 purposes:

-Parking attendants don't have to worrying about saying it

-Guests will remember to take their dogs out of there car before locking it

Problem solved!

^Even WITH posted signs, people will ignore them and do it anyways. Remember the warnings out in front of Alien Encounter at WDW? Those didn't stop parents from bringing 6 year olds on.

You do realize this is America we're talking about, right?

^Dude, I never said it wasn't.

I'm wondering why it is so hard for the park to make it more obvious to guests that there is a kennel on premises so they don't have to continue rescuing dogs by breaking into guests car windows? A sign at the parking entrance "Kennel available for your animals at no charge!" or a notice on the park map would make it obvious, and the problem would be gone, and they could stop breaking into guests car windows to save animals.

That's all I'm saying.

How much more obvious can you get than giant white letters painted on the side of a brown building?

The park would be covered in nothing but signs if that was all that was required in absense of common sense...

The USA is rapidly becoming one of the dumbest countries in the world. What a total embarrassment for a news channel to even report something so stupid...and I can't even begin to comment on the woman. I agree with Elissa...DIE!

In other news, I was just watching our local 6:00 news and they showed a guy in a Scream mask that robbed a liquor store here in Jamestown. The anchor said. "If you recognize this man, please call the police department."

Ummm....he's in a mask dressed in black.

I wonder if someone will call them up and say: "Sure I recognize him...he was in a couple of movies back in the 90's!"

USA media = FAIL

^ ^& ^^^

So true!

Even though I hate watching the news, I have it on because my partner likes to watch it. Even he has become a bit cynical in the last couple of years though not nearly as bad as I am. I was so proud of him when he didn't watch the dog & pony Presidential addess last week...why, I almost shed a tear!

I often have to come get on TPR because I get so upset over the stupid s%it I see on the news anymore. They focus on the negative, idiotic crap people do for twenty minutes and might spend about five minutes talking about something good someone did...unless of course, there is enough bad news to report, then they cut that part out.