TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Did anyone just see that moron on Los Angeles CBS 2 news?

Woman brings dog to park.

Dog carrying bag breaks.

Woman leaves dog in car.

Security and Sheriffs break into car and 'rescue' nearly comatose dog.

Kennel revives dog.

Dog runs out of cage at feeding.

Lady calls CBS 2 news because she thinks the park was in the wrong.

UGH!

STORY: http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/video/6245540-six-flags-allegedly-looses-companion-dog-in-theme-park/

You have got to be kidding me...CBS posted this!!?!?

Six Flags Allegedly Looses Companion Dog In Theme Park

FUCK!!! LOSE does not equal LOOSE!!!!!! WTF is wrong with people?!!??! This is one of my biggest pet peeves. The fact that a major news organization put that out is just terrible. That's it, send in the meteor or plague now, done with this planet.

And here's a screenshot. Plus, note that it's spelled wrong on the URL, Video, Title, and video image below, so it's not a one time thing.

looseisnotlose.jpg.f132b15408397f2899c3188c94493089.jpg

DIE!!!!

Edited by SharkTums

Did anyone just see that moron on Los Angeles CBS 2 news?

Woman brings dog to park.

Dog carrying bag breaks.

Woman leaves dog in car.

Security and Sheriffs break into car and 'rescue' nearly comatose dog.

Kennel revives dog.

Dog runs out of cage at feeding.

Lady calls CBS 2 news because she thinks the park was in the wrong.

Is ASCII against the TOS? If not:

▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌

██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀

████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌

▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

I can't believe they did an entire story on that, including broadcasting it on TV. This just seems like no one who is watching the news would care about. It's more of an individual problem between the guest and SFMM.

[Edit]: I love the updated title description!!

LOSE does not equal LOOSE!!!!!! WTF is wrong with people?!!??! This is one of my biggest pet peeves. The fact that a major news organization put that out is just terrible.

I think copy editors were the first to go when news organizations started downsizing. Because spellcheck fixes everything, right? I for one welcome our illiterate overlords.

^I can't see how the park failed. The dog should've been left at home. I wouldn't consider the park at fault if I had my phoe stolen in a cubby. Same concept applies. Should the person manning the kennel kept the main door closed? Probably. But I still can't see how the park is at fault for this one. Slow day in the news...

Okay, if you're going to spend the WHOLE DAY at SFMM, why would you leave your dog in your freaking car?! And honestly, would she have rather found a dead dog in her car after a day at the park? The fact that the dog escaped was chance, and the park only did the right thing by taking the dog to the kennel.

Really sad to see people that stupid.

Okay, if you're going to spend the WHOLE DAY at SFMM, why would you leave your dog in your freaking car?!

Dumbass lady! I guess she figures it's better if the dog dies in her car than being alive somewhere else.

And double-triple-stupid-motherf***ing idiot moron for thinking it was okay in the first place to bring a pet to a themepark!

She is just WRONG in so many ways. If anything she should be arrested for animal cruelty and canine attempted murder and the park/employees who freed the dog from the death trap should be praised. But no, this stupid lady is only concearned with herself....figures!

I'm just confused on why she even felt the need to bring the dog. Even if for some reason they allowed her to bring in it, what should she be able to do all day besides sit on a bench with it? I know dogs have gone on American Eagle, but I doubt Six Flags would allow a dog on a ride again.

Maybe she was planning on leaving it in a locke_r...

And now it goes viral...

Gawker picked up the Story and honestly, the write up is excellent:

Woman Upset That Six Flags Rescued Her Dog From Her Hot Car, Then Lost Him

Meet Shalanon Brooks, the kind of functionally retarded person you encounter frequently in Southern California. Shalanon is the owner of a Pomeranian whom she named "Malibu." (See first sentence.) She didn't just buy Malibu, but was actually prescribed Malibu for "emotional support." (See first sentence again.) Shalanon went to spend a day riding roller coasters at Six Flags Magic Mountain, but when she realized the strap of her Louis Vuitton dog carrying-case had broken, she opted to leave Malibu in her car with the windows cracked open and some water and food. (See— Enh. You know the drill by now.)

Well, while Shalanon was experiencing the miracle of flight on Tatsu, Malibu was freaking the fuck out. A park worker patrolling the parking lot noticed her inside.

"Our security personnel and the Sheriff saw the dog, which they thought was dead," according to Six Flags spokesperson Sue Carpenter.

"[They] broke into the car to get the dog out. We brought it over here to the dog kennel, revived it, gave it some water and cooled it down," Carpenter said.

Apparently, people leaving dogs in cars in a scorching parking lot in Valencia is a common occurrence at this particular Six Flags. The park's policy is to break into the cars, rescue the animals, and leave a message on the windshield alerting them to where their not-dead dog is waiting. Well, so far so good. Except then Malibu escaped! She ran out of her kennel while her water bowl was being refilled, and fled into the parking lot.

Now Shalanon is "distraught." Do you know what "distraught" means? It's a synonym for "suing." Will she win? I don't know! This is a great case study for first year law students. I'll rule in favor of the park, however, seeing as they not only saved the dog's life, but freed it from an existence of being zipped inside Louis Vuitton accessories, one of which would all but certainly have been set down on an airport security conveyor belt in a moment of absentmindedness. Malibu is better off, wherever she is.

http://gawker.com/5839610/woman-upset-at-six-flags-for-rescuing-her-dog-from-her-hot-car-then-losing-him

^I can't see how the park failed. The dog should've been left at home. I wouldn't consider the park at fault if I had my phoe stolen in a cubby. Same concept applies. Should the person manning the kennel kept the main door closed? Probably. But I still can't see how the park is at fault for this one. Slow day in the news...

Assuming the dog was in as bad condition as reported, SFMM were right to take the dog. At that point, they had the responsibility to take care of it and not lose it. The dog owner failed worse. The question I ask now is, if she brought the dog to the kennel herself like she should have, would SFMM still have lost the dog.

fudge!!! LOSE does not equal LOOSE!!!!!! WTF is wrong with people?!!??! This is one of my biggest pet peeves. The fact that a major news organization put that out is just terrible. That's it, send in the meteor or plague now, done with this planet.

Their is no need to loose you're mind, Elissa.