TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

According to http://frightfest.sixflags.com, We should be getting info about Fright Fest on the 14. Oh yeah the big spider on Colossus is up now,

I had gotten access to it yesterday, all I remember is there is something with a Chupacabra and that Goliath is become Goliath Witch. I should've taken some screen shots.

EDIT:

Tried again. Success.

http://frightfest.sixflags.com/magicmountain/attractions/

413849750_ScreenShot2011-09-11at1_10_12PM.png.eb30ae7b47f4787393b22d0b40986845.png

907245751_ScreenShot2011-09-11at1_10_23PM.png.316445a373029ca7fea23ddc87c613e0.png

252918383_ScreenShot2011-09-11at1_10_33PM.png.874c784522b758462534eb5dcfa07a86.png

2009423155_ScreenShot2011-09-11at1_10_57PM.png.19bc3c655a853c8d196f33df2fd2e379.png

1740701569_ScreenShot2011-09-11at1_11_10PM.png.3212bd3ed9832aadd9431d48af9b6431.png

2065073334_ScreenShot2011-09-11at1_11_31PM.png.098699341bbdf20d7e5a98ff3468fcbc.png

5991148_ScreenShot2011-09-11at1_11_41PM.png.b3996df65f58f0e1ffa7b4909da1ce08.png

Apocalyptic Terror

The greatest scientific minds on the west coast have gone mad trying to understand the deadly and befuddling mystery hidden deep within one of the most scariest and brain melting drop towers in the world.

So they're turning their GCI into a Drop Tower for Fright Fest?! Cool!

EDIT!

AH HA! Found it...from Six Flags Over Georgia's Fright Fest Page:

Acrophobia Monster Tower

The greatest scientific minds in Atlanta have gone mad trying to understand the deadly and befuddling mystery hidden deep within one of the most scariest and brain melting drop towers in the world.

Edited by SharkTums

Dear Six Flags,

If you want anyone to 'check your work' in the future, I'm here for you!

Sincerely,

Elissa Alvey

UF Grad & Amusement Park Know it All

-------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously though, if they're going to try and step up their game this year and have obviously purchased several 'themes' for tons of similar rides, at least do a better job copy and pasting to make it seem special.

Edited by SharkTums

Well, lets be fair here. The Website should go online on the 14th, these are just screenshots of something in progress(which I am sure TPR is doing aswell).

If they put it online like this, you can blast them all your want for mistakes, otherwise sit back, relax and be happy that this years Fright Fest should be a lot better compared to years past

What's sad is they can put out as many "Posters" they want of the rides acting like they're going to be totally different for Fright Fest, but the fact of the matter is many of the rides will be exactly the same they are on any other night when the park is open. OoOoOoOhhhhh! The lights are out! Crazy crazy stuff man!

Monstertainment is also probably one of the stupidest name combinations I have ever heard.

Well, lets be fair here. The Website should go online on the 14th, these are just screenshots of something in progress(which I am sure TPR is doing aswell).

If they put it online like this, you can blast them all your want for mistakes, otherwise sit back, relax and be happy that this years Fright Fest should be a lot better compared to years past

All of the other parks Fright Fest sites have the same silly mistakes. They just made one description for each ride and copied and pasted it for the other parks.

^ Thats not necessarily true. At Great America the flats that are re-themed for Fright Fright run different ride programs, and get special effects like being enclosed, lights, music, fog, etc. You can't ride this any old day!

I know this probably sounds lame, but I got this cycle & song in 2009, and it was easily the best theme park ride experience I've EVER had, coasters included. Can't wait for this year

I know this probably sounds lame, but I got this cycle & song in 2009, and it was easily the best theme park ride experience I've EVER had, coasters included. Can't wait for this year

If you like that you need to ride Astrosphere at Funtown Splashtown. Really fun experience along the same sort of lines.

^ Thats not necessarily true. At Great America the flats that are re-themed for Fright Fright run different ride programs, and get special effects like being enclosed, lights, music, fog, etc. You can't ride this any old day!

That's actually pretty freakin' cool. Hopefully they'll do to Batman for Fright Fest what they did during West Coast Bash.

Went to the park today and had a blast. The crowds were very minuscule. Green Lantern and Superman were the longest wait times of 30 mins. Walk ons for the day consisted of Scream, Colossus, Goliath, Apocalypse, Revolution, Ninja, Gold Rusher, and Riddler. Here's the coaster count from today.

Apocalyspe x5

Revolution x4

Green Lantern x2

Batman x2

Scream x2

Goliath x2

Gold Rusher x2

Colossus

Tatsu

Superman

Ninja

X2

Riddler

Deja Vu

Went to the park today and had a blast. The crowds were very minuscule. Green Lantern and Superman were the longest wait times of 30 mins. Walk ons for the day consisted of Scream, Colossus, Goliath, Apocalypse, Revolution, Ninja, Gold Rusher, and Riddler. Here's the coaster count from today.

Apocalyspe x5

Revolution x4

Green Lantern x2

Batman x2

Scream x2

Goliath x2

Gold Rusher x2

Colossus

Tatsu

Superman

Ninja

X2

Riddler

Deja Vu

Awesome! Thanks for the update! Would you say Sunday is a good day to go now in September? I'm trying to go with my buddies and have been wondering how the crowds are. Went back in June and the crowds were brutal and I barely got on anything, I'm hoping on my next trip I'll get in as much as you did!

These were taken at SFMM (From Micechat.com) at the Deja Vu site. Anyone heard any rumors on what they may be working on?

Also it seems that Superman escape from Kyrpton is a really loud ride! How exactly does Dreamworld work their drop tower? Is the ride experience as enjoyable with the loudness of the coaster?

DSC00036-L.jpg.69dcac26bcb87ce3c0cfcfbaa9416559.jpg

DSC00038-L.jpg.0f48183cc95513c286e34245d3d48567.jpg

^^^From what I've heard they are working on a Giga Dive Wingrider j/k

But seriously do they have to place markers and survey points to know where the best place to set up equipment to deconstruct Deja Vu? or do they only survey and place markers when adding a a ride?