TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

yeah , i just did that because i don't want to see any dumb notations or replies from others saying .. " SUPERMAN IS THE TALLEST U FREAK" or " get your facts right this is not the tallest nor fastest" or ... well.. you get it

SUPERMAN IS THE TALLEST U FREAK get your facts right this is not the tallest nor fastest!

There you go. Happy?

What the hell! LMAO ! >_<''

I wish SFMM would always run one side of Colossus backwards and race it with the forwards train. Can you imagine how much hype that would bring to that 30+ year old ride? And it wouldn't cost them much. But I guess they need something to draw people into Fright Fest and making Colossus backwards exclusive to Fright Fest is one of them.

^I think most of us here knew that already, but thanks for posting for those that didn't know.

yeah , i just did that because i don't want to see any dumb notations or replies from others saying .. " SUPERMAN IS THE TALLEST U FREAK" or " get your facts right this is not the tallest nor fastest" or ... well.. you get it

This website is for well-informed enthusiasts. Nobody is going to post stupid things like what's going on in SFMM's facebook. Occasionally, we enthusiasts do mess up in facts, but we're not idiots.

Well , technically and scientifically , Did I even say you guys are idiots? I admire all of you.

I wish SFMM would always run one side of Colossus backwards and race it with the forwards train. Can you imagine how much hype that would bring to that 30+ year old ride? And it wouldn't cost them much. But I guess they need something to draw people into Fright Fest and making Colossus backwards exclusive to Fright Fest is one of them.

I think they use it as an advertising advantage for Fright Fest as well as running all year would have a greater cost for maintenance.

I don't think magic would spend money on tunnels for batman when they haven't fixed the fog for yrs. I remember at one point magic was talking about tunnels on X2. They did add tunnels to tstr now known as apocalypse. I sure do miss the old pre shows

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Terminator opened with tunnels. That's where I thought, "Take the Tunnel!" came from.

While I think Deja-Vu's lift ranks up there as one of the biggest HOLY CRAP moments on any ride, the loading system was terrible, it was always down for one reason or another, the capacity was a joke, and the line was always seemed filled with solely rowdy and raunchy teens.

It seems Vekoma always makes spectacular designs, but they just mess up the ride either with high down-time, high roughness, or worse, BOTH!

AND on top of that, they clone the coasters excessively.

AND on top of that, they clone the coasters excessively.

The nerve of some companies... Having business strategies that give them profits...

If you're a park with a lot of money to spend you're most likely going to get a custom coaster from a company like B&M or Intamin. If you have less money to spend but still want a big ride then a cloned coaster is a decent buy. Vekoma just positions itself to serve a different market segment.

Though the topic's a week old, I've created some new artwork, in our efforts of the paving to be done.

Why so much hate? Déjà Vu was an awesome ride!

No biggy loosing Deja Vu in my opinion. I was there for media day, and it sent me to the hospital there in Santa Clarita. It really wasn't the ride's fault. On the final hold before you're slowly lowered into the station to get off, I was stung by a bee near my temple. It was pinned between the OTSR and my head. I'm allergic to bee stings, so I had to go to Mayo hospital E.R. A good time was had by all except for the bee... That is my fond memory of this ride.