TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Because I had nothing better to do tonight than mock the GP and their efforts to save Deja Vu....I thought it would be fun to create this:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pave-Deja-Vu/128902753875041?sk=wall

Of course, I had to be nice and share it on their wall

"Liking" this just isn't enough. But seriously the GP makes me wonder sometimes about humanity. Sue a park for taking out a ride they put in and that isn't your property.....sue them and I could be Six Flags lawyer on that case.

-Cookie

Because I had nothing better to do tonight than mock the GP and their efforts to save Deja Vu....I thought it would be fun to create this:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pave-Deja-Vu/128902753875041?sk=wall

Of course, I had to be nice and share it on their wall

"Liking" this just isn't enough. But seriously the GP makes me wonder sometimes about humanity. Sue a park for taking out a ride they put in and that isn't your property.....sue them and I could be Six Flags lawyer on that case.

-Cookie

I'm going to sue you for saying that.

It was a great day at the park. It's been a few years since I've been to the park but man is it looking good. The park was clean, I was surprised how much new paint was everywhere and the ride ops were great. There was essentially no stacking on any of the rides (including Batman) with a skeleton crew and the ride ops on Tatsu were hilarious and professional.

I (Season Pass holder) was there on Wed. (Aug 31), and it was a very pleasant, relaxing day without the huge crowds normally seen on weekends. The weather was not too hot, I too like how Magic Mountain is looking these days. There was plenty of shade around from trees, queue canopies, and umbrella covered outdoor tables. Got a Ben n Jerry's Cherrie Garcia and kicked it under the shade in front of Green Lantern: FF. Watched one train rotate at least 6 times, it was hilarious! The ride ops on ALL the rides I went on also seemed high spirited. They carried conversations with the us in the queues waiting for our turn to ride. Had such a great time there, I treated myself (and rewarded SFMM) by buying almost $40 worth of SFMM merchandise, but the cashier graciously asked me if I had a Season Pass, and got 15% off! Just past 5pm, with funnel cake in my hand, I was still greeted on my way out by a SFMM employee...hoping he could have some, ha!

As for Deja Vu, I don't feel so bad now seeing it go. I've had my share of rides on it, and it instantly became one of my favorites. It's going to another SF park who I think needs the ride a lot more than we do. We're so spoiled here, by 2013 I believe there will be a new coaster standing in its place that will be just as good or better! Looks like I will be renewing my Season Pass, bring on Lex Luthor: DoD 2012!

Wow , its like a clone of Dreamworld Australia's Giant Drop . Well too bad , this is going to take their world record .

Dreamworld Australia's Giant Drop

FYI for those who didn't know , Dreamworld Australia hosts the World's Tallest and Fastest Drop Thrill Ride in the World. Well, before "this" was announced.

^I think most of us here knew that already, but thanks for posting for those that didn't know.

yeah , i just did that because i don't want to see any dumb notations or replies from others saying .. " SUPERMAN IS THE TALLEST U FREAK" or " get your facts right this is not the tallest nor fastest" or ... well.. you get it

Thanks for the shots Robb! Looks like it was a typical dead day, and by looking at the pictures it was a cold one at that!

I'm pretty bummed about Freefall. Man I dug that ride!

As am I Bummed about Free Fall. Last time I rode on Free Fall was like 21 years ago, when I used to live in LA before moving to Chicagio IL. I did however, ride on 'the Edge' at CGA in 92 while on vacation. That was my last ride on an Intamin Ag 1st Generation Free fall ride. When I go back to LA, I will always envision Free Fall standing in it's original place before they started building all these monstrocities around it. I took my mom on Free Fall years ago, and she almost had a Heart attack. I also remember placinga coin on my lap seing wheather I'd catch it or not.

Omg this Facebook page is hilarious! They think they can actually save a ride with Facebook!

Don't post anything on there about these people being in denial or "complain" that it is in fact leaving and they just don't want it to be true because you could be banned from the page.........I should be banned any moment now!....lol

Lol, my comments vanished and the link in my inbox says I can't view it anymore, I can still comment though.

^I think most of us here knew that already, but thanks for posting for those that didn't know.

yeah , i just did that because i don't want to see any dumb notations or replies from others saying .. " SUPERMAN IS THE TALLEST U FREAK" or " get your facts right this is not the tallest nor fastest" or ... well.. you get it

This website is for well-informed enthusiasts. Nobody is going to post stupid things like what's going on in SFMM's facebook. Occasionally, we enthusiasts do mess up in facts, but we're not idiots.

^ Really? I hadn't noticed it during my trips up there this year. Weird.

Either then, or I noticed it when I took another visit in the beginning of April. All they did was tear down the border around the building. Seemed pretty pointless to me.

It was a great day at the park. It's been a few years since I've been to the park but man is it looking good. The park was clean, I was surprised how much new paint was everywhere and the ride ops were great. There was essentially no stacking on any of the rides (including Batman) with a skeleton crew and the ride ops on Tatsu were hilarious and professional.

I (Season Pass holder) was there on Wed. (Aug 31), and it was a very pleasant, relaxing day without the huge crowds normally seen on weekends. The weather was not too hot, I too like how Magic Mountain is looking these days. There was plenty of shade around from trees, queue canopies, and umbrella covered outdoor tables. Got a Ben n Jerry's Cherrie Garcia and kicked it under the shade in front of Green Lantern: FF. Watched one train rotate at least 6 times, it was hilarious! The ride ops on ALL the rides I went on also seemed high spirited. They carried conversations with the us in the queues waiting for our turn to ride. Had such a great time there, I treated myself (and rewarded SFMM) by buying almost $40 worth of SFMM merchandise, but the cashier graciously asked me if I had a Season Pass, and got 15% off! Just past 5pm, with funnel cake in my hand, I was still greeted on my way out by a SFMM employee...hoping he could have some, ha!

As for Deja Vu, I don't feel so bad now seeing it go. I've had my share of rides on it, and it instantly became one of my favorites. It's going to another SF park who I think needs the ride a lot more than we do. We're so spoiled here, by 2013 I believe there will be a new coaster standing in its place that will be just as good or better! Looks like I will be renewing my Season Pass, bring on Lex Luthor: DoD 2012!

I totally agree with your comments about the staff at MM being great. I haven't been there in over 4 months (prior to GL), but I spent a lot of time during the first 4 months of the year. There is really a great turn around in the staff's attitudes there. The same cannot be said for virtually all the Cedar Fair parks I've visited this summer (especially Cedar Point). Keep up the good work 6 Flags - especially Magic Mountain. I can't wait to get back there!

^ Really? I hadn't noticed it during my trips up there this year. Weird.

Either then, or I noticed it when I took another visit in the beginning of April. All they did was tear down the border around the building. Seemed pretty pointless to me.

They actually did that the week of Feb 14th. I posted a bunch of pictures of it on my blog back then. Every employee I've talked to since then has said they are not adding anything but just doing some long overdue demo for things that were falling apart.

Seriously the ride op enthusiasm was what really surprised me. With the exception of the Apocalypse crew bickering about one of them being written up, they were all fantastic. I mean working to not stack the trains on Tatsu or Batman when there are only 2 ride operators checking restraints when the park is empty has to say something.

More on the Tatsu ride op's, I'm sure you guys have heard it before but I had a smile on my face while the seats were suspended into the flying position & the train leaving: Male ride op: "Here we go up, up & away on the one & only Tatsuuuuu... Enjoy your ride on the flying beast," Female ride op immediately after: "From the far far East."

SUPERMAN IS THE TALLEST U FREAK get your facts right this is not the tallest nor fastest!

There you go. Happy?