TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Its a great Six Flags day, and as i mentioned prior to the announcement two towers were going to be built i just didn't get the full details on how or where. So with that being said I'm going to trust my source and say we are all going to be happy in the near future for Deja Vu's spot, i'll post what i know and can reveal later in the week. Six flags is on the rebound despite the economy and i'm gladd MM is my home park.

Its a great Six Flags day, and as i mentioned prior to the announcement two towers were going to be built i just didn't get the full details on how or where. So with that being said I'm going to trust my source and say we are all going to be happy in the near future for Deja Vu's spot, i'll post what i know and can reveal later in the week. Six flags is on the rebound despite the economy and i'm gladd MM is my home park.

Hmm, so how near is the "near future" and when can you reveal this? haha

S:EFK leaves a good 30-50 feet between it and the actual top of the ride (Where the drop towers will be located) so unless the car is rising and S:EFK is running (Which I doubt it, they'll probably have a schedule or put mufflers on) when you're at the top it won't come close.

S:EFK leaves a good 30-50 feet between it and the actual top of the ride (Where the drop towers will be located) so unless the car is rising and S:EFK is running (Which I doubt it, they'll probably have a schedule or put mufflers on) when you're at the top it won't come close.

God I hope they do. And it's not the top of the ride where it's loud, but that @!@$ bend! So if you're getting towed up when that happens your ears will bleed.

God I hope they do. And it's not the top of the ride where it's loud, but that @!@$ bend! So if you're getting towed up when that happens your ears will bleed.

this is a very good point. i imagine SFMM/designers thought of this.

Great announcement! I was definitely in the 'never gonna happen on the Superman tower' party. I hope the entrance to the ride ends up in the Scream/Colossus plaza to bring some life to that part of the park! At the very least, the curse of that corner will help reduce wait times

If everyone will look on google earth, there is already an existing path to the new ride. Follow the path towards colossus and Scream and its right before the restaurant on the right. Its partly paved and already cleared for an entrance queue and exit.

Isn't that a backstage service road?

Noise is not reduced ... at all.

I hope the engineers thought of this. This ride still is an awesome idea and I love the fact that it uses an existing structure, but I like my hearing more.

No, the engineers did not take anything into consideration, they just threw this together in about ten minutes with the help of some kid they pulled off the street, they don't know what they are doing and they don't even know if it will work...

Honestly, that's a silly thing to say. Wouldn't you think that they have considered and thought of every possible situation or anything that could affect this ride?

Trust them, they know what they are doing.

If I had to "guess" - DROP TOWER!
^Let it be that, and Magic Mountain would be my #1 amusement park; hands down; no questions asked. (As long as it's an Intamin).

Once it's done, they will have fulfilled my prophecy! That, and being able to ride the WORLD'S tallest drop tower now makes my fingers slightly tremble. I looooooooooooooooooove (Intamin) drop towers because of the same reason everyone else loves (Intamin) drop towers; they scare us before and during the ride!

Watching that video does not help by the way! Cannot wait!

FYI, I'm going to Cedar Point in October for the first time. I'll finally be able to choose between two parks that seem to have some friction going on between them.

I've got an idea! Why don't we ask the people on the Australia Trip how noisy it was riding Giant Drop while Tower of Terror was running? That should answer the question. I'm assuming both rides have similar noise levels since they are built by the same manufacturer and are the same type of attraction.

In all honestly, while I find Superman loud, I don't find it unbearable (I've stood under the thing while it ran without plugging my ears or anything). However, I think people on Lex Luthor are more likely to be worried about how high they are getting and won't be paying too much attention to the noise of Superman. I'm sure that the designers have also measured the noise levels and determined that they aren't loud enough to cause ear damage, or they are coming up with some type of sound shield. Maybe we'll get California Screamin' style tunnels on Superman or something (they are both Intamin, after all, but I do think that would look hideous). If its a big deal, bring earplugs or don't ride. If not, enjoy the Drop of Doom.

I'm also hoping the entrance is over by Colossus as that path indicates. It would give more room for a longer queue line, and wouldn't cause the whole thing to be a giant cattle-pen. Although I doubt we'll be seeing X2 length waits for this thing, it will no doubt be very popular its first year or two.