TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

IMHO I think they'll use that old food court building on the Goliath side for the que. It was never really that crowded and it would be much better served as a themed entrance as well as a giftshop/ exit. Again, use an existing building, retheme it, save money. I like the way 6F is thinking on this ride.

I have said for years that this would be the perfect option for SFMM to build an Extreme drop ride, and to me this looks as extreme as it gets. This will make two rides I will be terrified of riding at next year's West Coast Bash-this one and Windseeker at KBF have the potential to truly frighten me (I still cannot look down on Supreme Scream!)

IMHO I think they'll use that old food court building on the Goliath side for the que. It was never really that crowded and it would be much better served as a themed entrance as well as a giftshop/ exit. Again, use an existing building, retheme it, save money. I like the way 6F is thinking on this ride.

I doubt that, I'd say like others did, kiss the Arcade/Shooting Gallery goodbye. The Guest Necessity Center is too much in front of the hill to help with the entrance, so it will probably stay. They'll want the entrance to be on that side so it's in the same plaza at the DC Universe.

If everyone will look on google earth, there is already an existing path to the new ride. Follow the path towards colossus and Scream and its right before the restaurant on the right. Its partly paved and already cleared for an entrance queue and exit.

1983217312_ScreenShot2011-09-01at11_17_15AM.png.0be68c0fd8bcbb1b8cb1281030dd92dc.png

Since a dark ride will probably never come to SFMM, I hope that they keep most of the arcade building and place the majority of the queue inside. SFMM needs more air conditioned environments.

Also, any idea when Deja Vu's last day of operation is? I'm guessing this coming Monday?

October is correct according to the L.A. times artice:

Deja Vu is expected to close in October, meaning Magic Mountain will have held the uncontested coaster crown for a mere four months.

P.S. Sorry for the confusement for those that saw my original link. Had too many threads open at once and had the wrong Six Flags park.

Edited by ernierocker