TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

It's funny nobody talks much about Apocalypse, even the locals (probably because the lame A$$ pre-show zaps all the good will from the riders), but it's easily one of the best rides on the west coast, and would be a star at another park. It still rides great, and night rides are the most fun you can have at SFMM.

I don't know how it's been for everyone else recently, but when I went over a week ago (on a Thursday), the line for Apocalypse was skipping straight past the three video queue areas, the line started at the stairs.

When they were done, we walked up and asked why she served them when she saw they cut in front of such a long line. She ignored then question and asked very rudly "can I help you? Your holding up the line." I just grabbed my boyfriend and dragged him away. He was livid.

To be fair, it sounds like you put her in the awkward position of having to answer a rhetorical question. What did you expect her to say? "Sorry, I didn't see that?" I don't really see the point in bothering to ask that question.

But there is no reason, in that situation, for the employee to tell the guest that they are holding up the line, that was just plain rude.

^ The incident with the employee was very unprofessional. The line was rather long, and we were waiting to get refills (my boyfriend thought it would fun to get the souvenir cups with free refills.) We waited for about 15 minutes (a longer wait then for most of the rides lol) and when it was our turn to go up to the window, someone just walked in front of us and went up to the window. We said something, but they ignored us. When they were done, we walked up and asked why she served them when she saw they cut in front of such a long line. She ignored then question and asked very rudly "can I help you? Your holding up the line." I just grabbed my boyfriend and dragged him away. He was livid.

If this was at the soda shack right by tatsu i think i saw you today, and we may have talked on Green Lantern. But yeah it was ungodly hot today and the staff at the drink refills were even hotter than we were, so i tend to cut them some slack when its really hot, remember in food service there is NO AC and NO FANS... its brutal in most of those stands.

^Thanks! Im just wondering, do Riddler and Scream still have short lines, I remember them always having short lines of my visits.

Riddler's Revenge can have a very long line or be near walk on depending on what time you visit. In the late afternoon to early evening it can back up to 20 to 40 minutes, but mostly will stay between 5 and 15 minutes. Scream will probably have an empty station no matter what time of day you visit.

I cannot stress this enough. On riddler, Single Rider.

Also something fun for those who follow it, definitive proof of trim removal on Green Lantern

IMAG0217.thumb.jpg.602042ba66c3172f53dd79136d29f13d.jpg

Proof of Trim Removal on green lantern

^ I haven't ridden GL yet because I can wait until WCB 2012, but... they trimmed it there? I mean seriously? SFMM should have an on-site vet office because they are damn good at neutering things. Which is yet another reason why I'm starting to hate overly-corporate parks that are simply trying to dodge lawsuits.

When Robb bitched about the ride being trimmed to hell he wasnt kidding. If you look at the break fins now tho, they are chewed up from overtrimming, but yeah they put trims here, they are down to 1 trim before the first drop, 3 trims in the turn to the MCBR, it no longer stops on the MCBR, and the 5 trims here, and the 2 trims in the final turn before dickmove curve (the final flip and final brakes). and by loading 2 cars at once the line is getting better.

Trims were not removed. They are the same as when it opened. Also, all the zacspins have the trims throughout the ride, it's not a Six Flags thing.

Oh, well thanks for clarifying. And, if what you're saying is true, I apologize for accusing them of that.

I will still reserve judgment until I ride it next year, unbalanced, with some large people.

*Deja Vu closes in October I think.

How, exactly, do brake fins get "chewed up" when the brakes are magnetic?

When they rub against things they should not even be touching plus I'm pretty sure there is a brake on the MCBR that squeezes the fins to stop the car there, which it had been doing a lot of previously.

^The reactor fins on the cars do not physically get touched. The magnetic brakes bring the car to a crawl where the chassis of the car rests on drive tires as a means of "physically" stopping the car. As a last resort there is also a physical bumper that will stop the car should it reach the end of the MCBR.

How many did they remove, that curve only had like 6 though right? I cant really remember how many it had when it launched. I do agree that the ride was a bit over-controlled as my ride we flipped only twice and were held for about 2 minutes on the brake pad. No granted I am no fan of Green Lantern...it is a fine addition but it is more uncomfortable than thrilling....It just whips you around over and over...it isnt painful but its uncomfortable...idk but it just doesnt seem to gice the gratifying feeling I got from riding X for the first time or X2 when it reopened...

What do you think SFMM has planned for the Deja Vu spot? Ive seen some ideas on sites like Planet Six and I was imspired with my own. What if they completely removed the walkways towards the current entrance and let Johnny Rockets be the end of that walkway where the path meets the hill. From there, they could use the land behind Apocalypse so that it could wrap around Deja Vu's current spot on a Candy Cane shaped layout. If they wanetd to, they could even remove Cyclone 500 and use that for the line and loading station. One possible layout is this:

-note: Red-Track, Green-Line, Purple - Exit, Blue - Lift, Highlight - Station

Capture.PNG.8cf56aa1bb55be9efc54168825d8f53c.PNG

To be honest, I think it's gonna be a train ride. I have a rough outline sketched out here, and I think it'd make a really nice scenic trip through the park. The smaller yellow circle represents where a drop tower could go, and the red is a scenic walkway that I think they should add.

1381510613_SFMMoverhead.PNG.d867df9a3b136404c0de45e434a07f3d.PNG