TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I don't think so,I mean why if SFI is swimming in loot are they now relocating at least two coasters to other parks to pass off as "new"?It's because all that hapless spending of the past decade has come back to bite them in the a$$ that's why.

...You do understand that they stopped their "hapless spending" years ago and have since restructured, become smarter with their investments, and dropped almost $1.5 billion in debt?

^^&^^^ Could you imagine a good blitz weaving in and out of jet stream and ninja and over the paths? Probably a long shot but it would be a blast. We do need a good 2-3 minute intamin on the west coast though. What is there currently, just Xcelerator and California Screamin?

^huh? (point?)

Anyway, I would love to see some more Intamin out here on the west side as well. We seem to be dominating the looper world, but I would just love to have an airtime machine nearby. Ghostrider was a DREAM when we got it, something like that, but made by Intamin (wood or steel, don't care!) would be awesome.

^^He said:

We do need a good 2-3 minute intamin on the west coast though. What is there currently, just Xcelerator and California Screamin?

California Screamin' is a 2-3 minute Intamin on the West Coast. That was my point - he said the West Coast needed something, but then gave an example of that exact thing that already exists.

Well I'm hoping the reason B&M decided to take on CW gigacoaster is b/c Intamin couldn't b/c they were already contracted out to build SFMM one...long stretch I know

Honestly I'm thinking the same thing. We have only heard one project worldwide for Intamin next year and B&M has three already (The Swarm, Leviathan, Dollywood 2012) and I think they have one or more still up there sleeve. So where does that leave the Intamins? Either they are having a soft year because people don't want to spend money (Yeah right; have you seen B&M prices?) or they still have announcements to make in the coming months. Hopefully this is the year Six Flags returns to active partnership with the #1 coaster builders on the planet.

I don't think so,I mean why if SFI is swimming in loot are they now relocating at least two coasters to other parks to pass off as "new"?It's because all that hapless spending of the past decade has come back to bite them in the a$$ that's why.

I don't think relocating rides has anything to do with SF not having the money, in fact I think its a great idea. Send the old rides and rides that can better handle the capacity of a smaller park better such as Vu to NE as new rides, while diverting the funds from those parks to parks that will make the ROI from buying a new ride. CF dumped off two old rides as new and now one of their parks are getting a 28 mill giga lol. SF has been reporting positive every quarter, their stocks are doing well, and they've doubled their cash dividends, they haven't been doing the hapless spending of the old SF. Imo they are in a well enough position now to purchase a giga then they ever were, no one is saying do an old SF and buy a giga for every park in the chain in one year lol

I don't think relocating rides has anything to do with SF not having the money, in fact I think its a great idea. Send the old rides and rides that can better handle the capacity of a smaller park better such as Vu to NE as new rides, while diverting the funds from those parks to parks that will make the ROI from buying a new ride. CF dumped off two old rides as new and now one of their parks are getting a 28 mill giga lol. SF has been reporting positive every quarter, their stocks are doing well, and they've doubled their cash dividends, they haven't been doing the hapless spending of the old SF. Imo they are in a well enough position now to purchase a giga then they ever were, no one is saying do an old SF and buy a giga for every park in the chain in one year lol

Oh no, you just gave Six Flags an idea

Why would they move La Vibora back to SFMM?

I don't think so, as SFMM already has Riddler's Revenge , i don't think SFMM wants 2 stand up coasters that would be just down-right weird.

What I'm hoping for is either a B&M Dive , with the wave splash thingy of course. Or an Intamin MegaLite . Not only its cheaper than those normal Giga(s) which costs 20million bucks. It has some pretty descent airtime hills and G-Forces. :3 Im actually dying to ride one of those. . Better yet, another TTD or KDK clone for a size.

Why would they move La Vibora back to SFMM?

I don't think so, as SFMM already has Riddler's Revenge , i don't think SFMM wants 2 stand up coasters that would be just down-right weird.

Why not? Canada's Wonderland is going to have two huge B&M coasters that are very similar. In fact the only real differences are the trains and height and both are sit down B&M coasters.

^&^^ I would just like to inform you both that La Vibora is a Bobsled coaster. Not a stand-up coaster, or a stand-up bobsled coaster, but just a bobsled coaster.

I'd like the ride back only cause it's interesting but really I'm all in on the launch coaster vote.

A drop tower would be a great fit for Vu's space. As much as I'm dying to see SFMM get some awesome coaster design from Intamin (BLITZ, please!), I just don't see it happening for at least a couple years after renovating Superman and landing Green Lantern...

... Although stranger things have happened (I'm looking at you, Leviathan).

Does Six Flags even still build roller coasters?^ Seems to me all they do these days is shuffle them around, steal them from SFNO and Kentucky Kingdom, or go cheapo with gimmicky ball coasters, spinning coasters, and crappily done indoor wild mice....

Does Six Flags even still build roller coasters?^ Seems to me all they do these days is shuffle them around, steal them from SFNO and Kentucky Kingdom, or go cheapo with gimmicky ball coasters, spinning coasters, and crappily done indoor wild mice....

Considering Green Lantern was the most recent build, you're pretty much right that they have not built a "new" roller coaster recently. With SFNO and Kentucky Kingdom not opening in the foreseeable future, Six Flags can at least salvage what's left there to give to a park that either doesn't have that type of ride or needs a new one. It's much better than letting the rides rot away.

The "Giant Inverted Boomerang" move still baffles me a bit, but SFNE could use a big roller coaster besides Bizarro (I barely count Batman...). A surprise SFMM announcement could still be around the corner, AKA one that doesn't involve a drop tower or extending Vu to 267 feet tall.

^^ remember this is company that was basically bankrupt and has what im sure is a very large amount of debt from the build tons of coasters years. I'm not surprised they are shuffling less popular rides around and retrofitting old ones into new expieriences that are fully marketable while they continue to sort things out.