TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm not buying this rumor. Keep in mind that I work at Six Flags Magic Mountain, occasionally run DejaVu, and know most of the people who work there, and there has NEVER been any discussion on the DejaVu's removal. Not even a peep. It's never even been mentioned, and no one around the ride acts as if it's going anywhere. I can double check and ask to make sure, but I'm not believing any of this for even a millisecond until I hear from Six Flags Magic Mountain.

If you occasionally run Deja Vu, you likely don't have access to the boardrooms & offices where the discussion to remove it is being held, if it's being held.

^Okay, this is totally off topic, but your location reminded me of it. Are all of the people in the Apocalypse pre-show park employees? Cause I'm pretty sure that when I went in June, I watched the pre-show, and saw one of the main actors operating the ride.

don't bother be that i is being moved, last few times that i have rode it, it was very rough. also i am 6,4 if i sit anywhere other than the front my knees hit the seats in front me and can be very uncomfortable. im sure they have plans for de-ja-vu, dance coaster and all that land behind apocolipse for something really good, maybe a dive coaster, or and aquatrax??

LOL, well I think , if SFMM really did removed Deja Vu, all the Cedar freaks (not you guys, the other majorly highly over-the-top freaks) will be like " HAH!! IN YOUR FACE SFMM !!!!! CEDAR POINT IS THE BEST !! IN YOUR FACE" and stuff.. And then probably 6 months or so , i'll see a topic , "Busch Gradens Tampa Removing their B&M Dive?!" And im like... what the hell.

Lastest news from screamscape :

1.Six Flags New England

New Coaster / Deja Vu - Rumor - (8/17/11) The local media has confirmed that Déjà Vu from Six Flags Magic Mountain will be moved to Six Flags New England for the 2012 season. The coaster will go into the Ship Wreck Falls site, but the final details wont be announced until Sept. 1st. (Also, nevermind the 260 foot height mentioned, Deja Vu is 200 feet tall, and will also likely have it’s name changed as well.)

2.Six Flags Magic Mountain

2012 - New Tower Ride - Rumor - (8/17/11) The latest buzz from Magic Mountain points a clear finger to me at the park adding a large new drop tower for the 2012. The park has been without one for a few years now, and has long been lacking a next-gen style drop tower anyway, so this should be a good fit. The only question is… who will make it? S&S, Intamin, Moser or someone else entirely? As for the location… it could fit just about anywhere in the park, since drop towers have a tiny footprint, so there is no telling until we find some survey flags.I’m hearing the announcement will also come in early September, so we wont have to wait much longer anyway.

I've always said a good place for a drop tower would be right where the "S" is when you are walking up to Superman. Would be an awesome view.

Of course, for that to work, it'd have to be a single tower Intamin, but I'm cool with that.

If they are looking to build and S&S tower, they should ask Disney where Maliboomer is now.

Deja Vu is the best Vekoma I think anyone has had the pleasure of riding on, and I like Vekoma's! When it was announced SFMM was getting La Vibora from SFOT, I was thinking of all the ground SFMM had previously cleared next to Deja Vu originally to make room for Mr. Six Dance coaster and how Tim had talked about 'evening out that back section of the park.' Of course, the now defunct picnic ground next to Bugs Bunny world would be a great spot to put it as well and as popular as it is with families in Texas, would be an excellent spot. I really, really hope they don't remove Deja as it is one of my favorite rides in the park. When I last visited the park on the 8th, the employees and I discussed its possible removal and they were devastated calling the ride their 'baby' also citing the lengthy rehab it had just undergone. I also visit Silverwood up in Idaho frequently where Aftershock, their version, always runs amazingly well. With the exceptions of the problems the one in GA had, I don't see how any park manager could want to part with this ride.

They're moving SFOT's bobsled coaster to SFMM?I didn't hear anything about that.

I was reading the forum on SFNEonline.org and one suggestion was that the ride would be from SFOG. He said they sold it to Brazil but it has been in Georgia for two years.

That is incorrect, the ride is at Mirabilania in Brazil, waiting to be assembled.

Link

It's already assembled and opened in May of this year. The only remaining GIB in the SF chain is SFMM's. So either SFNE is receiving that one, or we are getting a brand new GIB.

A regional attraction at 1623 Main St., Six Flags currently offers amusement park-goers 10 rides. The tenth ride, Gotham City Gauntlet Escape from Arkham Asylum, was opened to the public in April.

Six Flags New England only has 10 rides?

Only 10? That's quite a lot. Knoebel's only has 2.

I am seriously disappointed the ride is being removed. This will be the first coaster "re-location" from Magic Mountain since 1988, and it couldn't a coaster that I liked more. I would rather lose Scream but I bet that's staying because of it's capacity. I don't see how they're going to get this ride to run as well as it does after it's taken apart and relocated, but I'm sure Six Flags won't care about that until it happens.

Hope something better than a drop tower replaces it, the capacity will be terrible, and compared to Deja Vu it will be completely lame.

TBH, I'm really sad to see Deja Vu go (if it is leaving). In the report thing, they made it sound like a 'new ride', though like many others I am skeptical about whether they meant new as in 'new for the park'.

As for new coasters, if Deja Vu was taken out, here are my thoughts:

While a B&M Dive Machine would be legit (especially for California), I don't see them making that. If anything, magic mountain has been all about variety, and while a Dive Machine would be cool and different, the park does have a shortage of shuttle coasters. I'm not trying to take sides; a new B&M there would be great; but in all realism, they already have the most B&M's of any park in the world, besides SFGA.

While I'm not a genius when it comes to amusement park ride strategies, I can guess what they may consider. If their goal is a new roller coaster, as I mentioned earlier, B&M would most likely not make it. In terms of new thrill roller coasters, what they really need is either an Intamin full circuit coaster, a Premier, Mack or even Vekoma launched (spaghetti bowl?), or a Geutslaur. I like B&M more than intamin, but in all realism, which is the park in need for? To me, Six Flags has always been a huge B&M consumer, while Cedar Fair a huge Intamin consumer. Cali seems absolutely devoid of Geutslaur BTW, and for the state with the most roller coasters, Cali has minimal Intamins. (4, with only two topping 2,000 feet). Just my 2 cents.

Finally, while I know 99% of people on here want a new thrill coaster, Sharpe IS in charge and Roller Coasters are the one thing, if any, Magic Mountain excels at. Peace.

P.S. As for the space becoming a drop tower; first off, why on the edge of the park? Drop towers are awesome when you see the whole park; I.E. the middle. Second of all, The sides of both the sky tower and even superman would make good locations, why pay for a totally new tower? (Oh shoot, I forgot superman was taken for that launched strata with superman's tower supporting the top hat; damm)

^I agree that the drop tower should be closer to the middle of the park, away from any edges. And I personally think the Deja Vu site is much too large for a drop tower. My thoughts on everything happening right now....

I will scream bloody murder if I hear Deja Vu will be removed. Though if this is the case, the space should most definately be used for a coaster, which now I could really care less about what kind or type. (Although a B&M dive machine would be greatly appreciated.)

As for the drop tower, certain spots come to mind:

- Thrill Shot's space if it is removed

- Panda Express by Viper

- Near Colossus and Scream entrance

- Pistachio Park