TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm with bluefire on this one.

NOWHERE has it been said that SFNE is getting "Deja Vu", except in our enthusiast circle speculation. All they confirmed was they were getting a GIB. Who knows, maybe it's not even a Vecoma???

"The new ride will be about 267.6 feet at its highest and will feature a steel roller coaster running on tracks in the shape of an “X,” according to information on file in the Planning Department. "

What's this about the shape of an X? that doesn't sound like Deja Vu to me, unless you are talking about an eagle eye view.

I really think we are spiraling this rumor out of control. Sure, there is a POSSIBILITY they are moving DV, but I wouldn't even come close to betting on it.

Just like you only need to run Superman: The Escape at 100MPH long enough to get the notoriety for being the fastest roller coaster in the world. After that, you can run it at 80MPH for the next decade...

This made me laugh! It's pretty much an industry standard, Disney excluded.

I'm with bluefire on this one.

NOWHERE has it been said that SFNE is getting "Deja Vu", except in our enthusiast circle speculation. All they confirmed was they were getting a GIB. Who knows, maybe it's not even a Vecoma???

"The new ride will be about 267.6 feet at its highest and will feature a steel roller coaster running on tracks in the shape of an “X,” according to information on file in the Planning Department. "

What's this about the shape of an X? that doesn't sound like Deja Vu to me, unless you are talking about an eagle eye view.

I really think we are spiraling this rumor out of control. Sure, there is a POSSIBILITY they are moving DV, but I wouldn't even come close to betting on it.

The layout from a top view is an X. I'm not sure about the height though, but it could just be a blatant typo.

Just something to think about with regard to this rumor...China is building a BRAND NEW Giant Inverted Boomerang from scratch, which means Vekoma is still willing to make and install the ride.

On top of that, its not blue and green!

Well, we are back in the 80's again where they just shift coaster around and around without really making something new. SFMM is lucky in the sense that most of our coasters cannot be moved, in fact I think Deja Vu and Scream are th eonly ones what even have the possibility of moving to another park. I am so sad to see Deja Vu go but it could be worse because the other Six FLags parks will benefit even less because they get recycled rides without having an awsome collection already unless they are Gread Adventure, Great America, or Over Georgia. I just hope for two things if Deja Vu leaves us. The first, that whatever it is is as good or better than Deja Vu thrill wise and that it is permenant. I dont want some little rinky dink ride put on Deja Vu's footprint....I want a megacoaster that occupied Cycloon 500, the Junkyard, AND Deja Vu's foorprint.

All I can say is that I am, once again, disappointed.

What about Goliath, Apocalypse, RRE, Canyon Blaster, Riddlers, Viper and Batman...they could all be moved...and the others could also be moved as well, with some adjustments.

Those are not likely. Goliath is too large to be realistic, Apocalypse is wood and since the aprk is not closing they would not want to put up with that, RRE just got here, Canyon Blaster is a kids coaster which they seem to feel as though they needm Riddlers is not going anywhere as it is too popular and too big, Viper is too old for it to be worth it and it is on terrain, and nearly every SF park has a batman so its not going anywhere.

Thus, the only other coaster we should be concerned with is Scream but I feel that is still unlikely but less so than all the others

I think that SFNE is getting a new Giant Inverted Boomerang, ya some people are saying "why get a new one when they have an old one" Well maybe SFMM said they want to keep Deja Vu and SFNE just applied for a new one and to be taller. I mean who knows at this point but I think we all know that SFNE is getting a GIB.

What is GCG?

Just something to think about with regard to this rumor...China is building a BRAND NEW Giant Inverted Boomerang from scratch, which means Vekoma is still willing to make and install the ride. What's to say they wouldn't be willing to build a brand new one for Six Flags New England?

http://rcdb.com/9564.htm

Yeah, cause after removing 2 of them from their parks, now they want to buy an even larger one?

Just 2 weeks ago no one believed Iron Wolf was leaving SFGam, and here we go again.

I just hope we get a closing date So I can ride it one last time.

Thingssrrm to have moved on a little bit in terms of the hot discussion topics at SFMM, but I got to ride GL;FF about a week ago. I had only 2 hours in the park.... I did most of my theme parking in Orlando and this SFMM visit was squeezed in. The queue was 1 hour, so only one ride. I also finally got to ride Ninja, 3rd attempt and It was open this time, but back to the coaster...

Basically, it's mental. When I rode it was me on one side, and 2 full grown blokes on the other... I'm about 63 kg so the car was very unbalanced... On the lift it spun so I was facing the sky. The ride itself consisted of flinging between very strong positive and negative gs, except it was at odd angles and you'd feel the blood rush to your cheeks etc... I got about 4 flips in since It did extra ones on the mcbr.

At the end of the ride the correcting device struggled a bit to turn us upright... Whenever it pushed down it was causing us to invert a bit. It would then stop, try again, and then do the same thing... Eventually it did it correctly, but I guess it's the operational tradeoff. If they balanced each car this process would be quicker, but the ride would be less flippy for riders.

I would also agree with a post made a while ago by Shark Tums... It looks short, but really, I doubt most could cope with a ride of this nature being any longer.

Overall, it was flipping awesome and more parks need these.

PS I thought the theming inside looked crap, but the rest of DC universe looked decent.

I just found out I have to postpone my trip a week, so I will be down there the last week of august, Monday and Tuesday. Can't wait to ride GL:FF!!! And even road runner express.

I'll have to make sure to get in a few "good" rides on Deja Vu, just in case the rumors turn out to be true [which I don't think they will be]. The last time I went on it, it was painful and gave me a horrible headache, hopefully not this time!

GCG is smooth, just it flings you from side to side on the hairpins which hurts ALOT. That's probably why they consider it rough because it hurts. I rode GCG 20+ times because I participated in the filming day, and I could barely walk the next day

Really? I didn't think it hurt at all. I only got one ride mind you, i imagine experiencing that over and over again could hurt.

Deja Vu is fun, but I wouldn't particularly miss it since I rarely ride it anymore, usually because it has a long line or it's closed when I visit. Magic Mountain has enough good looping coasters where they could afford to lose a few of the less visible ones. I wouldn't care if Scream left either. I enjoy them both, but neither adds much to the park, and they're both out of the way. I doubt the public would really care either, as neither seems to enjoy much word of mouth.

And I imagine SFNE will just get rid of their boomerang, Flashback, at least after the first couple seasons. But the coasters are different enough where it probably wouldn't really matter either way, as long as they weren't directly adjacent.

If Deja Vu is leaving I will be sad to see my favorite Vekoma go.

But if it does go to SFNE I will be happy. The park really needs another "major" coaster to compliment with Bizarro and Batman. I mean after I got all the credits there those were the only two rides I re-rode.

I'm not buying this rumor. Keep in mind that I work at Six Flags Magic Mountain, occasionally run DejaVu, and know most of the people who work there, and there has NEVER been any discussion on the DejaVu's removal. Not even a peep. It's never even been mentioned, and no one around the ride acts as if it's going anywhere. I can double check and ask to make sure, but I'm not believing any of this for even a millisecond until I hear from Six Flags Magic Mountain.

I'm not buying this rumor. Keep in mind that I work at Six Flags Magic Mountain, occasionally run DejaVu, and know most of the people who work there, and there has NEVER been any discussion on the DejaVu's removal. Not even a peep. It's never even been mentioned, and no one around the ride acts as if it's going anywhere. I can double check and ask to make sure, but I'm not believing any of this for even a millisecond until I hear from Six Flags Magic Mountain.

I'm pretty sure it's a VERY recent final decision considering a PR person from SFNE just recently decided to make the addition public. I'm sorry, but Deja Vu is as good as gone from SFMM as Iron Wolf is from SFGam. And based on what I heard from another source close to the park, this will be a VERY good thing for both parks!