TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

What makes people think there is no immediate replacement for Deja Vu and that SFMM won't be wearing the crown in 2012? Before I ever heard of Deja Vu moving there was rumors of a Dive Machine for that area, I wasn't thinking but just the fact that a DM was being thought about for that area must of meant Deja Vu was planned to be move all along. If a DM replaces Vu or not I believe the plans have been in the works for sometime now and there will be a replacement for 2012.

I'm kind of hesitant to believe Deja Vu is leaving until I see something from SFMM stating so. It wouldn't make sense for them to give up one of their more popular coasters and the coaster crown unless they are indeed replacing it next year. If Deja Vu is leaving, that's too bad, as I really think (along with some other people) it is a pretty good ride, and certainly one of the best Vekomas anywhere. However, as long as its replacement is better, I'd be okay with losing it. I still think it's possible SFNE will be getting a new GIB, since Vekoma is still making them, and if the height mentioned in that article is indeed corrent, the ride won't be Deja Vu (the article mentions 267 ft. tall and Deja Vu is 191 ft.).

Now that I think about it, if Discovery Kingdom is losing Pandemonium, perhaps that could be sent down here to keep the crown until the next new coaster. That could work, and would give SFMM something different.

I still don't understand why Magic Mountain would go out of their way to add "3" new coasters and take back the coaster crown, just to let one of their coasters leave the same year.

I'm hoping Magic Mountain gets something big next year to fill the empty spot. As Elissa said, A Dive Machine would be perfect!

SFI has to economize & relocating rides from other parks is the way to do it.

Let's face it the days of marketing both SFMM & CP as having more coasters than any other park are over,they no longer have the advantage of free advertising via discovery channel at either park as the days of coaster shows on that network are LONG past so there's not as much incentive to adding coaster after coaster to either park year after year as there was a decade ago.

Besides that nobody cares in the GP about such a stupid title.Perhaps MM is realizing that they need to focus on providing other rides & not just coasters to keep the crowds returning?The park REALLY could do with some flats to even things out.

Now that I think about it, if Discovery Kingdom is losing Pandemonium, perhaps that could be sent down here to keep the crown until the next new coaster. That could work, and would give SFMM something different.

It was not reported that Panemonium was being removed. It was said to be on the "chopping block", like Laser at Dorney Park was on the "chopping block" for about 8 seasons before it was finally removed.

How much downtime has the GIB at Silverwood had since it opened?

The reason I asked was I always believed that the reason SFMM had kept theirs was because they were opened year-round and could take the ride down for shorter rehabs thoughout the year, instead of only working on them during the off-season (like SFOG and SFGAm). But perhaps if the ride is more reliable at Silverwood (which you don't hear about very many problems) they have figured out a solution to this?

Otherwise, you would have the same problem that SFOG and SFGAm had by moving it to SFNE.

If they do remove it and replace it, maybe they have a total overhaul of that whole area planned as well...those buildings back there in Cyclone Bay are so horrible looking and out of place now...and after this, please, please please focus on the other side of the park....I can name 3 coasters on Baja Ridge that could/should be on the chopping block as well!

So this supposedly is going to be put in another park that already has a boomerang type ride?

Hmm, there's giant FAIL!

Remember, this is also the company that put a used SLC in a park that already had a Batman. And oddly enough...both coasters has long lines when we were recently there.

Edited by robbalvey

Yeah I think we need to stop thinking like enthusiasts when it comes to SFI or Cedar Fair. Both companies are making decisions that benefit them as a company during a rebuilding and shaky economy phase. Who cares if SFNE already had a boomerang. The GP will see a big, scary looking ride and line up to ride it. The end.

So this supposedly is going to be put in another park that already has a boomerang type ride?

Hmm, there's giant FAIL!

I wouldn't be surprised, there's La Ronde with their 2 Inverted roller coasters, along with Six Flags Great America having two wild mice. But the sad thing is, the last 2 roller coasters Great America added were wild mice, so at least New England is getting a major addition since what... Pandemonium?

Nooooooooooooooooo! As long as the lines are for Deja Vu, I think it's probably one of my favorites. Its just the pure insanity of it all that makes it in my top But I haven't been anywhere outside of Florida and So-Cal so my count doesn't have to much variety haha I just hope they put something better in at least. It would be a bummer if they replace Deja Vu with a family coaster

[AA]

^^^ Do you have a pick-up truck?

I don't think SFMM would have much trouble fillling in that space. With a few exceptions, they have all original-design coasters. If they have something creative for the intended space, awesome! Rather than look at this as a loss, look at this as new possibilities. I'd love an excuse to go back to Six Flags M&M.

How do we know for sure it's SFMM's DejaVu and not new? There's almost a 76 foot height difference as well.

I've tried reading back through previous DejaVu topics but still can't find where SFMM said it's closing. I'm not saying it's not true, just curious of sources.

Deja Vu is the best Vekoma I think anyone has had the pleasure of riding on, and I like Vekoma's! When it was announced SFMM was getting La Vibora from SFOT, I was thinking of all the ground SFMM had previously cleared next to Deja Vu originally to make room for Mr. Six Dance coaster and how Tim had talked about 'evening out that back section of the park.' Of course, the now defunct picnic ground next to Bugs Bunny world would be a great spot to put it as well and as popular as it is with families in Texas, would be an excellent spot. I really, really hope they don't remove Deja as it is one of my favorite rides in the park. When I last visited the park on the 8th, the employees and I discussed its possible removal and they were devastated calling the ride their 'baby' also citing the lengthy rehab it had just undergone. I also visit Silverwood up in Idaho frequently where Aftershock, their version, always runs amazingly well. With the exceptions of the problems the one in GA had, I don't see how any park manager could want to part with this ride.