TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Why send Deja Vu, which is really unique where it is at SFMM to a park like SFNE which already has a regular boomerang?! One is enough IMO!

Yeah I agree. But if Deja Vu does come to SFNE, they should just go ahead and remove Flash Back and put it there instead. It's not like anyone would care.

Maybe there will be others on here to back me up, but it seems this Deja Vu rumor surfaces nearly every season about this time of the year, mainly whenever a new coaster begins getting discussed at Magic Mountain.

I don't believe it for a second.

Why would they go through all this trouble and expense to "reclaim the coaster crown" only to just give it away a season later?

Well, if they replace Deja Vu with another coaster, they still have the coaster count crown...

If they were going to remove any ride, I'd rather they remove Green Lantern!

Why send Deja Vu, which is really unique where it is at SFMM to a park like SFNE which already has a regular boomerang?! One is enough IMO!

Well.......they did send an SLC to La Ronde, which already has a Batman clone. And they WERE going to put Chang in at SFGAm, which still has (at least for the moment) Iron Wolf. Don't try to interject logic into anything that Six Flags does, might make your brain hurt.

So I rode GL yesterday and let me say that I highly underestimated this ride. Had 2 rides on it, balanced (4 riders) and un-balanced (3 riders). Let me just say OMFG the unbalanced ride made my eyes water. The park does do a good job trying to make sure it's balanced unfortunately

Rode twice and waited about 60minutes each time.

Robb you were correct, you will get completely different ride experiences depending on weight distribution.

This is the point SFNE Online has been trying to get across on Facebook for the past month and a half. I can independently confirm the rumor from one of my sources also.

Rumors, for now....just like the Log Jammer being removed. I hope Deja Vu doesn't go anywhere! It's a great ride and adds a balance in the variety of coasters at SFMM. If it were to be removed, they better replace it with a BIGGER boomerang coaster, ha! Oh, Green Lantern is an awesome ride - doesn't take much space, in fact makes good of the space it sits on next to Batman. Been on it twice already, and ready for more. The GP love it, their reactions are some of the best at the park, returning to the station upside down, lol!

I hope this rumor isn't true. I highly doubt they would remove a ride that is reliable(for the most part, compared to the others), popular, and lose the coaster crown. Plus i bet if they moved the darn thing all the things SFMM mechanics have done to keep the thing running more then the others would probably break and it would sit broken down most the time at SFNE. Unless they said the SFMM mechanics with it.

Look at Intamin's Spinner Coaster, now that would be a good fit. I hope that SF doesn't move Deja Vu, it would make zero sense for them to remove it. Would they change their marketing slogan to "once had the most coasters on earth" ? And I do remember after Silverwood bought the other GIB, that SFMM's was also rumored to be going. If anything, remove the go-karts as a location for the next coaster. Or at least, build over them. Wouldn't be too hard to design a track to drive around a few footers.

I recently came up with a VERY bizarre conclution, but, with the current rumors going on, anything can happen.

Remember WCB, when Neal and Tim were both unsure of what a Megalite was when asked if they had built one?

Maybe, just maybe, this was no coincidence that two park managers would be unsure of a popular design from Intamin. Could it be that they really are considering a Megalite? I am not sure if that would fit in Deja's former/RRE's proposed position. However, to see one of these seems a good deal more likely than the odds of seeing an Aquatrax. If anything, CA Screamin should have been an Aquatrax, so Disney would have the potential for more theming and focus on forces of the ride as opposed to one loop.

SFMM Megalite for 2013?

I'm in the belief California Screamin' is one of the best roller coasters out there as it's thrilling enough for the crazies (us) but tame enough for the majority of the family. And you know if they got a Megalite it would be trimmed more then Mean Streak lol.

I recently came up with a VERY bizarre conclution, but, with the current rumors going on, anything can happen.

Remember WCB, when Neal and Tim were both unsure of what a Megalite was when asked if they had built one?

Maybe, just maybe, this was no coincidence that two park managers would be unsure of a popular design from Intamin. Could it be that they really are considering a Megalite? I am not sure if that would fit in Deja's former/RRE's proposed position. However, to see one of these seems a good deal more likely than the odds of seeing an Aquatrax. If anything, CA Screamin should have been an Aquatrax, so Disney would have the potential for more theming and focus on forces of the ride as opposed to one loop.

SFMM Megalite for 2013?

Robb said its the crammed version of i305 and then they responded "we're not getting that."