TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

A drop tower would really be great for Magic Mountain as they have plenty of coasters and will probably add another one in 2013 anyway. I hope they get a drop tower similar to the one at Port Aventura (Huracan Condor) with the seats at different inclines.

I think SFMM needs an expansion, as in 'More land' if they want to build another coaster.

Are you serious? Have you been to Knotts? Do you read Theme Park Review?

It seems like it needs new land with the new coasters being crammed in (Tatsu, Terminator, Green Lantern) though it still has a lot of land such as a huge plot of land between the enterance of the park and X2/Viper.

Tatsu, Terminator, and Green Lantern were not crammed into anywhere. Tatsu is nicely spread on the mountain, Terminator replaced a previous coaster so it had its own plot, and Green Lantern took up some dead space. There is no cramming here. They don't need to expand yet, there is plenty of room to put in more coasters......plenty.

A drop tower would really be great for Magic Mountain as they have plenty of coasters and will probably add another one in 2013 anyway. I hope they get a drop tower similar to the one at Port Aventura (Huracan Condor) with the seats at different inclines.

Yes! Huracan Condor is EASILY the best drop ride on the planet imo. If SFMM built one of those with that level of theming I would lose my mind. One of the few rides that can actually garner the kind of attention any coaster could.

I think SFMM needs an expansion, as in 'More land' if they want to build another coaster.

Are you serious? Have you been to Knotts? Do you read Theme Park Review?

It seems like it needs new land with the new coasters being crammed in (Tatsu, Terminator, Green Lantern) though it still has a lot of land such as a huge plot of land between the enterance of the park and X2/Viper.

OMG lets PLEASE PLEASE not get into this "they don't have room for another coaster, they need more land" debate again... such a tired topic on this thread.

I feel a drop tower is highly likely for next season as well, considering the reclaiming of the most coasters in a park crown, and 3 "new" coasters this season, what other high thrill ride is there? A giant pendulum maybe but that seems... weak for SFMM...

I am really hoping for a gyro drop, considering we don't have ANY in the western states, and they could easily build the tallest in the US... that would be pretty sweet.

Yes! Huracan Condor is EASILY the best drop ride on the planet imo. If SFMM built one of those with that level of theming I would lose my mind. One of the few rides that can actually garner the kind of attention any coaster could.

And if they put it on the top of the mountain by Superman that would make it extra awesome

i thought of the future so here:

2012-Sky screamer, Kidtroplis, and a little more rides for the family

2013-Colossus Transformation starts 2012 ends 2013 with colossus county retheme and mabye a new theme to Deja Vu

OMG lets PLEASE PLEASE not get into this "they don't have room for another coaster, they need more land" debate again... such a tired topic on this thread.

Robb or someone should come in once a week and give a topic you must talk about to avoid lockers, Rings, and any other locked word on the thread.

-Cookie

Robb or someone should come in once a week and give a topic you must talk about to avoid fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo, ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings, and any other locked word on the thread.

-Cookie

What are ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings? I haven't typed a word yet that turns into that.

That censor originated from when people consistently bitched about Universal Studios Orlando not putting the r-i-n-g-s on Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit's lift hill months before opening and completion.

Other censors include l-ockers and XD isn't anymore but XD used to be "I like little boys in tights" or something. Anyhow, when something gets overused to the point of extreme annoyance it gets censored to something inconvenient.

I am loosely optimistic about a Rocky Mountain treatment on Colossus. I think it would be kind of cool for them to restore it to it's original specs, now that we have technology that can handle it.

Yeah, for this reason I hope it happens. Not to mention, it's the parks best (and probably only) chance to add some major airtime to the park. How can anyone anywhere near SFMM not want airtime on the level of El Toro or Texas Giant?

I am all for a Rocky Mountain treatment of Colossus.

The ride barely has any nostalgia anymore, and needs a facelift. And So Cal needs an airtime machine.

After Colossus was down for rehab this winter it was running great. Maybe it's "worn off" already. I did enjoy the ride then. I'm heading to Dallas today to ride ride NTAG again. I hope it's R.M. treatment is still good.

I am all for a Rocky Mountain treatment of Colossus.

The ride barely has any nostalgia anymore, and needs a facelift. And So Cal needs an airtime machine.

After Colossus was down for rehab this winter it was running great. Maybe it's "worn off" already. I did enjoy the ride then. I'm heading to Dallas today to ride ride NTAG again. I hope it's R.M. treatment is still good.

It hasn't "worn off" yet. It is still smoother than Scream!

I am loosely optimistic about a Rocky Mountain treatment on Colossus. I think it would be kind of cool for them to restore it to it's original specs, now that we have technology that can handle it.

Yeah, for this reason I hope it happens. Not to mention, it's the parks best (and probably only) chance to add some major airtime to the park. How can anyone anywhere near SFMM not want airtime on the level of El Toro or Texas Giant?

I thought Apocalypse gave some pretty good airtime, I was actually impressed with how much it gave. Colossus I noticed a few pops but I could definitely see the benefit of the rocky mountain treatment to help bring back the airtime, this is just going off of reports of others, I'd never been on the ride until last weekend. Don't necessarily give it the full NTG treatment and keep it with the classic racer feel.

Screamscape:

(7/27/11) Another head-scratching rumor from the Six Flags chain has come back to me this week, claiming that Magic Mountain may be on the verge of losing Déjà Vu (and the coaster crown!) by sending it off to another Six Flags parks for 2012. While I would outright dismiss this as being crazy, this links up with another crazy rumor I’ve been hearing for the past month claiming that Six Flags New England may be getting a “Déjà Vu” coaster of their own. The coinsidence is a bit much, so get your last rides in on Déjà Vu while you still can just in case.

I really dis like this rumor its been posted on facebook too!

I hope not. I know Deja Vu is a polarizing coaster, but I like it...a lot. It's probably the most hair raising ride in the park, my first ride on it scared the crap out of me! But I hear there is going to be a whole re-theming of that area, so I do wonder if Deja will make the cut.

Why would they go through all this trouble and expense to "reclaim the coaster crown" only to just give it away a season later? Seems completely silly unless that is the spot they want to put the drop tower on...hmm

I do like that ride too.

Why would they go through all this trouble and expense to "reclaim the coaster crown" only to just give it away a season later? Seems completely silly unless that is the spot they want to put the drop tower on...hmm

I do like that ride too.

If they really do wanna retheme the area, maybe they'll put a new coaster there that better fits the theme?